CHATROOM: ROGUE OFF-ROAD

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

anyone drove their vehicles off road yet? share your stories, experiences, tips, advice, etc.

Nissan X-Trail VS Nissan Rogue - extreme off-roading
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G0KygTBvLuU[/youtube]

Nissan Rogue Driving On The Beach!
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Khz4s9fwHfg[/youtube]

Nissan Rogue Tow Strap & D-Ring Hook
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xanIyQf5QDU[/youtube]

keywords: nissan rogue, rogue, off-road, off road, suv, cuv, test, track, dirt, mud, rain, snow, x-trail, qashai, dirt road, dust, offroad, 4x4, 4 by 4,

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

She won't let me.... lol

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

rdub2k4 wrote:She won't let me.... lol
your an amature LOL

learn from me: just drop 'em off here and go where you want. they wont even know! ;)

Qashqai

ImStricken wrote:just drop 'em off here
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Like a horror movie...no! never leave your wife alone in a mall with a credit card...even off-roading with your Rogue is not worth the stress when you receive the bill in the mail box!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote:
ImStricken wrote:just drop 'em off here
:ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno: :ohno:

Like a horror movie...no! never leave your wife alone in a mall with a credit card...even off-roading with your Rogue is not worth the stress when you receive the bill in the mail box!
another amateur!! lol
that's when you use the bill to your advantage for great BOW-CHIKA-WOW-WOW! if you act upset, she'll come around and 'wanna make it up to ya'. LMFAO

Qashqai

:greg:
You are a wise man ImStricken

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Qashqai wrote::greg:
You are a wise man ImStricken
lmfao - like a good soldier, i never let an 'angle in the game' go to waste. i like to utilize everything to my advantage LMFAO
(i better stop, before she finds this and doesnt fall prey to my schemes lol)

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

I see you removing the NICO bookmark from your bookmarks bar lol

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

I havent officially taken my Rogue off road yet but today I drove through Jamaica a little bit and the ruts and holes and dips made my suspension articulate like I was off road... Does that count?

For that matter, Im driving off road every day!

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

I have not gone Off-Rogueing yet, but that might change this summer.

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Took my friends SL in the cornfield on a rutted dirt road, it actually rode comfortably. Wish I took a pic now that I saw this thread.

ras_oscar

Recognizing that the rogue is built on a car frame, I am reluctant to do any bone jarring mud slinging off road like my teenage years in a 4x4 F250 with a lift kit and mud tires. Having said that, I do participate in certain outdoors games that have afforded me the opportunity to explore roads impassible with lower ground clearance. Pop- in the AWD, take it easy and no scratches. Just the way daddy likes it these days.

followingnfront

Last edited by followingnfront on Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

followingnfront

dkwon
Car: '08 Nissan Rogue, Gotham Grey

Hey guys,

Finally got around to buying an OSV permit for Assateague Island National Park. Dropped tire pressure down to 10-15 psi and cruised on down the beach. Sand was pretty soft that day. Rogue drove like a champ, kept her in AWD-lock and under 20 mph. Drove about 5 miles down, no problem at all. Next time I go I'll definitely take a video or at least some more photos.

Oh, just installed a hitch, so I hope to get a hitch cargo rack to carry more goodies down the beach :D

followingnfront

Nice.... Is that NY?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

dkwon wrote:Hey guys,

Finally got around to buying an OSV permit for Assateague Island National Park. Dropped tire pressure down to 10-15 psi and cruised on down the beach. Sand was pretty soft that day. Rogue drove like a champ, kept her in AWD-lock and under 20 mph. Drove about 5 miles down, no problem at all. Next time I go I'll definitely take a video or at least some more photos.

Oh, just installed a hitch, so I hope to get a hitch cargo rack to carry more goodies down the beach :D

nice pic! Assateague sounds like something from Virginia

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

followingnfront wrote:Nice.... Is that NY?
Assateague Island
Assateague Island is a 37-mile long barrier island located off the eastern coast of Delmarva. The northern two-thirds of the island is in Maryland while the southern third is in Virginia. http://www.nps.gov/asis/index.htm

Chincoteague Island Pony Swim Guide 2013
On Wednesday, July 24th, the Saltwater Cowboys will swim the ponies from Assateague Island to Chincoteague Island. The swim takes place at "slack tide".
http://www.chincoteague.com/pony_swim_guide.html

kilogram
Car: 2010 Rogue Krom
2004 350Z performance

I did some donuts in the dandelions trackside at Road America a few weeks back. Does that count?

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

stay tuned rookies.... i went off-roading today! lol video being made as we speak!

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rmZwzP9p9f0[/youtube]

couple pics from the movie:

my size 12 boot with plenty more space from the rocker-panel. i really pushed this poor little rogue lol

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

What a rip-off! Where are the Michael Bay style explosions? No scantily clad women of questionable morals? :naughty:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:What a rip-off! Where are the Michael Bay style explosions? No scantily clad women of questionable morals? :naughty:
down boy! down!! lol

SlimSlammedRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Well, i went off roading once. but it was flat grounds, and it was for a photoshoot

SlimSlammedRogue
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

The right side is kinda like me lol. you were half low, howd it feel?

followingnfront

ImStricken that was awesome! Thank you for doing that! Is that a trail you were on? If so, that is where we should have our Rogue meet. We should all go down the trail. SlimSlammedRogue should be the photographer, as he can't take his car down the trail lol...

I'm not sure if anyone saw these pics (I posted them in the snow section originally but its more of an off-road type thing... Just imagine a mound of dirt instead of snow and its "off-road")....

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

dude your snow pics are hysterical, but cool. i love the 1 wheel of the ground. the trail i was on is a private closed off course thats done up behind a dirtbike & atv store. idk if they'd like 10-15 rogues all going at it LOL

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

there were times i didnt think i'd make it; but without even so much a problem = the rogue made it. sometimes it took about .5 to 1 full second to skid a tire thats lost traction due to frame-flex, and the other made up for it. in this picture, i thought for sure that the front tires will start to spin, and the rear wont get enough power to push me over the hill, but without even wheel spin; the rogue made it: you can see weight is off the front, and on the rear- allowing the front to lose traction - but the rear made up just fine.

below you can see i really tried to get it stuck. i put it through a typical test where 2 wheels lose traction due to crossing a low point via a diagonal:
but in the video above, you can see the front left tire spun for about 1 second, and the car moved without issues.

followingnfront

ImStricken wrote:dude your snow pics are hysterical, but cool. i love the 1 wheel of the ground. the trail i was on is a private closed off course thats done up behind a dirtbike & atv store. idk if they'd like 10-15 rogues all going at it LOL
Maybe if they charged each of us $10 they'd consider it? Work it out bro, it would be very cool!

followingnfront

ImStricken wrote:there were times i didnt think i'd make it; but without even so much a problem = the rogue made it. sometimes it took about .5 to 1 full second to skid a tire thats lost traction due to frame-flex, and the other made up for it. in this picture, i thought for sure that the front tires will start to spin, and the rear wont get enough power to push me over the hill, but without even wheel spin; the rogue made it: you can see weight is off the front, and on the rear- allowing the front to lose traction - but the rear made up just fine.

below you can see i really tried to get it stuck. i put it through a typical test where 2 wheels lose traction due to crossing a low point via a diagonal:
but in the video above, you can see the front left tire spun for about 1 second, and the car moved without issues.
You didn't use the AWD LOCK? I think if you did, you probably wouldn't have run into those hesitations because the rear wheels would already be getting power no?

Return to “Rogue Forum”