Changing trip odometer/computer to metric

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
Msdarkdiva
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Silver Ice

Did anyone figure out how to change the LCD screen from miles to kilometers (for those Canucks who purchased in their Rogues in the US)? I searched the manual (and here on the forum) but didn’t come up with anything.

I’m hoping it’s as simple as a button hidden somewhere…

exeunt
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom Pearl

If it is, then they've hidden the function well, and haven't publicized it. I've heard a rumour that the following works though, but I haven't tried it:

1. Turn the car on2. Put the car in reverse3. Open the rear passenger side window all the way.4. Turn on the rear window wipers to INT.5. Back the car up 5 feet (no more, no less!)6. Turn the radio on, and change the channel to 99.9FM7. Put the car in forward.8. Turn the rear windshield wipers off.9. Turn the volume up to max.10. Move the car forward 4 feet.11. Close the rear passenger window.12. Shut off the radio.

If all has worked, the trip computer should now be in metric. Good luck!

(If it didn't work, try doing it again a few times. Sometimes it helps to do it at 4AM when the moon is full. )

Msdarkdiva

Damn! Now you tell me! There was a lunar eclipse last week. I could have done it then (maybe the speedometer would have magically changed too)!

There has got to be and answer - and hopefully exeunt, (no offense), not yours! Is there Nissan technician in the house?!?

philipa_240sx

Well, I've spent a good while reading. There is no mention of changing to metric units in the FSM. The combination meter (speedo, tach, trip computer, etc) gets a speed signal from the ABS computer, a fuel consumption rate from the ECU, and readings from other various sensors. All of the calculations are done in the combination meter and there are no documented service procedures to change anything.

Looking at the diagrams, it appears Nissan may have made seperate kph and mph units. If that is the case you would likely have to replace the entire combination meter to a metric unit. There may be some special tools needed for this ie. Nissan CONSULT III diagnotic tool.

Sorry.

Msdarkdiva

philipa,

Thanks so much for doing a search in the service manual for me, to let me know- I really appreciate it! I guess if it really begins to annoy me later on, I’ll have to look into ponying up for a Canadian metric unit and what’s required for installation.

Until then, I’ll keep hoping for a miracle (…like lightening hitting the console and the LCD just magically changing over)!

Return to “Rogue Forum”