Center Console Expansion

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
hgclim

I was searching through the Rogue forums on options to mount a GPS unit to the dash. One of the threads has a link to a dash expansion piece which appears to be perfect for what I want to do:

Unfortunately, I believe Alibaba only sells in large quantity. Has anyone seen or bought this piece from anywhere else?

philipa_240sx

Not sure where you can buy that. But it does look nearly identical the binnacle used on the Qashqai in Europe... the Rogue's twin brother:

hgclim

Unfortunately I don't think I can get the Qashqai lid-cluster.

The closest I have found is this:

I plan to ask the seller whether the trim can be sold separately without the GPS unit. I plan to retrofit a Magellan 1700 into the center console and add a reverse camera.

Similar to what others have done on their Titans (similar mods have been done on Infiniti FXs, Hyundai Genesis), I want to this to my Rogue:

If there's enough room after I stuff the Magellen unit in, I can possibly add a dash cam discreetly.

Too bad the Rogue doesn't have an original navigation bezel.

philipa_240sx

hgclim wrote:Too bad the Rogue doesn't have an original navigation bezel.
It sort of does, when Nissan redesigned the Rogue in 2011 they added a larger double-DIN sized radio with built in NAV and reverse camera. I still cannot figure out if the bezel was available separately though.

Both Metra and Scosche have similar dash kits that will allow you to install a Double-DIN audio unit as well. Some of the later head units are getting better too, Kenwood for example integrates a Garmin GPS into some of their models.

Return to “Rogue Forum”