Cd stuck in Bose 6 cd changer

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

This thing has worked flawlessly for over 2 years...now, we have 6 cds in the changer, #5 is flashing and you can't eject or play any of them....there is an error message: Temp/Mech error and then it tells you to eject the cd. But when you push it it doesn't eject, it just goes back to the radio.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any solution other that having a shop take it apart?

Thanks

philipa_240sx

Unfortunately, there have been reports of issues with stuck CD's in the Bose 6CD systems over the years. Some owners have never had issues, others have had nothing but problems.

There are a few 'tricks' you can try:

1) Disconnect the negative terminal from the battery for 5min then reconnect. This will 'reset' the CD player and may help.

2) Try to insert a 7th CD. Yes, sounds silly but it may force the system to eject the other ones.

If none of the above works, you have no choice but to take you car to a dealer or shop and have them remove the CD's manually.

harryg
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD

did u try holding the eject button for a like 10 seconds???

i wonder if there is a manual eject procedure

crayb
Car: 09 Rogue SL Fwd (Prem,Lther,Snrf), 11 Hyundai Sonata SE, 04 Lexus RX330, 92 Mazda Miata C 5spd

Something else, you may already know this, but cd's that are burnt at home with paper or plastic labels added cause lots of problems in cd players and changers. This esp becomes a problem with cd's that are left in the player over a period of time. I've even seen cd's warp, in the player, because of the summer heat. I'm in Central Mississippi and we're having daily highs of 100 degrees!

Good luck on finding a solution.

Ray

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Hit up our sponsor, shortcircuitrepair.com. George is a sponsor here and will take good care of you.

daytrippr
Car: 2008 Blue AWD SL model Rogue

Well, thanks to Leo (who sent me a copy of an installation instructions for the Bose stereo), we took the center dash console apart in order to get the radio out. In preparation, we bought a set of nylon installation tools, the most valuable of which was a small crowbar. With these tools, and a little courage, we just popped off the panels, took out the screws and voila!
That was the easy part....with the stereo in hand there were no CDs in sight....so we proceeded to slowly take the coverplates apart until we could get to the cds. Once we finally did, there was nothing obvious except that the cd door seemed to be stuck....BIG surprise! We tried unsticking things, spinning cds, and trying to see what was stuck, but to no avail. We put the stereo back together and only had 2 tiny screws left and one loose spring that fell out at some point. I think I know where the screws go....no big deal ;-)

Back installed, we are back where we started, 6 cds stuck, but everthing else works...oh well, the lesson here is: never put anything but a COPY of an original cd in your car changer....you would think I'd remember that from the days of car cassettte players.

treenamorgan
Car: 2012 nissan pathfinder

Anyone find a fix to this? After changing my battery the clock fast forwards to a diff time every time you turn the car off and the cd player keeps saying eject and won't eject the disk. I dont have any homemade disks in the player.

Return to “Rogue Forum”