"CD ERR FO", anyone know how to fix it?!

Got questions about your Infiniti? We're here to help, and it's FREE!
thechronic
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

When I go to the 6 disc CD changer in my bose premium sound system on my 2003 G35 Coupe, it says CD ERR FO on the screen, anyone know what I can do to fix it?

thechronic
Car: 2003 Infiniti G35 Coupe

?anyone?

Rex
Car: None

Is the car still under warranty?!?

Also, are you using "burned" CD's? I've heard the slightly thicker CD blanks can cause issues.

EQwhipD
Car: 1994 Q45 (Totalled)/ 1994 Q45a (SOLD) / 1990 Z32TT

Rex has a good point! Sometimes the Bose system or Sony CD changer can go out of whack because of burned CDs being played. I have the same problem w/ my Q's, but the best thing to do is to disconnect the battery overnight or for a couple of hours. I dont know what it does, but the CD player works almost 80% of the time after you re-connect the battery cables to the terminal. Hope that this helps!

-EQwhipD

required

Hit it. Really. When I got that (ERR F0) error and a CD was stuck (no, not a burned one) I read in a forum about banging on it and gave it a try. So I hit the unit till it spat out the CD. Hit the display with the inside of the hand, rapidly and repeatedly, first soft then increasingly harder.Finally the unit gave up and shut off. I turned it on, the error was gone, pressed eject and the CD came out.

CINNALOCKS
Car: 1994 Q45A Converted/ Burgundy & Tan /TokicoBlues /JWFSTB/ Silverstars/ Upgraded ECU

Unplugging the battery is a far less risky solution. When you reconnect the battery you can hear the cd player rest and it does not usually take more than a few minutes.

Return to “Infiniti Online Mechanic”