Catch Can Qusestion

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
USAFDad
Car: 2004 Infinity G35 Coupe

Hello Everyone, My son is in the military and will be away from home for about 2 years. I thought I would work on his 2004 G35 while he is away. I've just started to research some of the issues that are common with this car and just like most of the postings I have seen, my son's car burns oil. I've seen quite a few postings about catch cans and wanted to see if I can get a few questions answered.

1: Do I need a vented catch can?
2: Do I need a catch can that is baffled?
3: Do I need to only install a catch can that catches to oil vapors from the passenger PVC valve or do I need to install one that catches the vapors from both the passenger and drivers side valve covers?
4: Is there a kit that anyone could recommend that catches both the passenger side AND drivers side vapors? I think if I'm going to install a catch can, I may as well install one that catches both unless anyone feels this is unnecessary. :whistle:

It seems like there are hundreds of posts/videos and each one is different. I seen very expensive custom systems and hacked together systems using parts form Home Depot. I just need someone to give me a straight answer regarding the best system that does not cost a ton of money. I'd like to stay under $200 if possible but if I have to spend the money to get the right system, I am willing to do that.

Also, I'd like to replace the factory air system. Is K&N the way to go? Just wondering because their replacement air system runs about $350.00.

There are a lot of things I want to do this car so I'm sure I'll be asking a bunch of questions in the near future.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”