Cars Started now check engine light

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
xKnownShadowX
Car: 94 Q45a

I finally got the 94a started, everything works!!!! :gapteeth: Even the active suspension but anyways back to what I was going to get at. Car was smoking like a fog machine at first but I drove it and it's now faint smoke, I assume condensation or something. I went and put some fresh gas in it and seem to run with a slight miss to it but no biggy. The o2 sensors were replaced but my car says they are bad. Code 33 HEATED OXYGEN SENSOR thing is would it be both or just one? Aside from that everything works and idles smoothly. Thanks for your time.

xKnownShadowX

Disregard until further notice. Everything is good now, I just unplugged and plugged it back no more code.

xKnownShadowX

Got the car running, then it died the next day. I swapped out the generic MAF it had on with the old OEM one and VROoomommm!!!!! :ohno: It ran smooth. Today, not too long ago, I went to add gas then drove it around and everything was good. I left the gas station and all was good until the TCS and ABS with the ACTSUS light came on. I got home and the car felt sluggish so I turned it off. I cranked it again but now Battery was dead so I jumped it. The odd thing is the last couple times it has been starting under it's own power which I assume the alternator charged the battery??

I wonder if removing the muffler probably had anything to do with it since I had to wiggle the hell out of it. Reason for that was because muffler kept smoking from condensation. I checked and no more smoke but now car was idling like poop. :mad:

Anyways..it was idling like a cammed V8 and well it seems like all the sudden the alternator died or something. It was also making a beep in the engine bay which here are 2 videos of the car. HELP! :cry:

I will check the alternator another day when I have a day off. I would also like to mention in the second video it makes a cracking clap sound but that's because of the muffler removal, so disregard. I smelt some rotten eggs which I recall that would be a terrible CAT. True?

Least the car runs though. :frown:

Video 1:
http://youtu.be/oHKvLXiLFY8

Video 2:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G5WKpyaKywc

If videos don't work please let me know thanks.

xKnownShadowX

Any help would be appreciated thanks.

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

Did you get a chance to check the alternator?

goody90q45
Car: 1992 Q45 (sold)

I recall you mentioning in another post (and this one) that you or the previous owner had replaced a couple of injectors and you had white smoke in the exhaust. If so do a fuel pressure bleed down test to make sure one of the lower o-rings isn't leaking through.

xKnownShadowX

I replaced all 8 injectors, new o-rings, all is good. I just pryed that alternator out and some how it completely died. It's napa brand so I'm trying to purchase a used Hitachi one. That's the only thing holding me back now and I removed the exhaust, no more faint smoke must be condensation. Thanks for the replies.

OwnerCS

For installing the new alternator you might pick up some tips from the following slide show.

http://s286.photobucket.com/user/Ridgel ... des?sort=4

xKnownShadowX

Thanks for the link. I will look into it. Will update once I find and install an alternator, I just don't want to go with a rebuilt one from our local store.

OwnerCS

I got a Nissan rebuilt many years ago. The old alternator was working good but the bearing started feeling a little ruff.
As you know, that is no casual job. Also there are many bad alternators from China and the area being sold by the "big box" parts stores that seem to last a few days or weeks.

xKnownShadowX

Update on the car, replaced alternator, car passed with flying colors. I also replaced all new spark plugs and all premium gas :rolleyes: . I'm looking into maybe selling the bose system, some speakers work some don't the stereo works and I even got the CD changer which I also don't need. Wonder how much it'd sell for.. :confused:

Well just an update thanks for the help peeps. :werd: :dblthumb:

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”