Carpet Cleaning/Cutting

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
humuju
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 S

I spilled a bunch of milk on the right back seat of my G37 2009. I took out the lower bottom part of the seat and cleaned it. It still smells some so I might have to purchase a new one. Does anybody know how much these are as well as the seat buckles?

Anyways, the main question is about the carpet which also smells. It looks like this is one big piece of carpet and I don't want to take all seats out, remove all panels, etc. to take the carpet out for cleaning. So I am debating if I should cut the carpet to take it out and clean or try to somehow clean it while it's in the car. Does anybody have any experience with this? Note that the smell is more on the underside of the carpet down to the part where you put your feet.

Thanks.

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

go to a detailer and have your carpet steam cleaned, its the cheapest and easiest alternative rather than gutting the interior of your car. As for the seats just coat them in leather cleaner and invest in some air fresheners. not much you can do

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Yeah, steam clean it. The cost of replacement will ruin your vacation fund.

humuju
Car: 2009 Infiniti G37 S

Thanks for the responses. I did pour buckets for water with a lot of soap and some vinegar over the seat. The first time I did try it by pouring it on the bottom part. However, the liquid did not easily penetrate. I then poured it from the top, i.e. the leather and massaged it in. That eventually also made the water penetrate the underside. Then I used a lot of plain water to get the soap out and repeated this one more time. Then I squeezed as much of the water out as I could and tried with a towel. It's a lot of work and I still have it out drying.

As for the carpet, steaming it only helps for the top. As it turns out there were puddles of milk under the carpet. I think it came from the backseat and then towards the left door and still under the seat did go down under the carpet. The carpet also has a foam which got partly soaked. I removed all that foam and started cleaning the underside of the carpet pouring the same liquid as with the seat onto the carpet and then always get the liquid out before it got too high inside the car to reach further to the front. I did this a few times. The odor is much less now but it still stinks. I will have to repeat all of this again.

It's a real pain doing this. People say not to cry over spilled milk but one could be excused for doing so... Well, the lessen learned it that I won't ever have any liquids inside my car anymore except for plain water. And for the trunk I will think of some kind of container.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Luckily I have not spilled milk in a car but do understand where the sour smell would be quite annoying. Hopefully the work you've done will solve the issue.

mindiadams

Baking soda and the vinegar is the best carpet cleaner.. It helps to remove the stains as well as the smell from the carpets.. Also the dish washing detergent is useful for cleaning the carpets.. For more such tricks, visit this site http://www.nourisonhospitality.com

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”