Carlisle NicoFest 2012 Discussion Page

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

Who had fun?
pics and vids to be placed here after upload

total will be over 1000 pics... http://www.flickr.com/photos/longbeachc ... 716859782/

The horse head was well worth its $17 on Amazon...
Purple Drank and Full Contact Connect 4...
Nicoclub takes home 2nd place.

Billdog350
Car: 2007 Infiniti G35x

I had a blast! Great meeting all you guys (and girls). Next time I might bring my G35x so I don't seem so out of place...but I know the Vette drifts better :) Can't wait to see the pics and vids!

LongBeachCoupe
2005 Lexus RX

Billdog350 wrote:I had a blast! Great meeting all you guys (and girls). Next time I might bring my G35x so I don't seem so out of place...but I know the Vette drifts better :) Can't wait to see the pics and vids!
Welcome to the club! (who are you?)

500+ pics uploaded so far.

jdmfreak

Dammmnnnn good timeeee! That is all...Oh and that vette needs to be back! Just dont forget to bring more tires haha

Jesda

CANT BELIEVE IT TOOK NINE YEARS TO FINALLY MEET JEFF

Great cars, great people, as always.

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Great time as expected. Im so damn sun burned, not good.

Pics are uploading now, Ill make the album public and post some notables in here.
LongBeachCoupe wrote:Full Contact Connect 4
Its Consequence Connect Four, make sure you get it right...or there are consequences. Please tell me someone has a pic of Pete's chest...

Greenblurr93

LongBeachCoupe wrote:
Billdog350 wrote:I had a blast! Great meeting all you guys (and girls). Next time I might bring my G35x so I don't seem so out of place...but I know the Vette drifts better :) Can't wait to see the pics and vids!
Welcome to the club! (who are you?)

500+ pics uploaded so far.

That would be Bill, the friend I brought along with the red c6 vette

Heavy
Car: 1992 Mr.Two, 1996 LS4HUNNID, 1999 Appliance on wheels.

Holy balls that was an awesome weekend, great to see everybody again! i have some pics that ill try and upload later, one of them being the glorious shot of jesda right before he fell and got himself covered in pine needles and argyle.... :rotfl

Billdog350

Hi guys, sorry I never formally introduced myself here on the forum. Bill from East Hampton, CT. Friends with James and Jenn (Greenblurr93). I have a 2007 G35x sedan for my winter car and the 2007 Corvette Z51 for the summer. You guys are a fun crowd and I look forward to future NICO events :)

DJ_B_Easy

Link to album:

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/ ... le%202012/

If you auto crossed on Saturday, there is a very good chance I have shots of you. I tried to get everyone I knew was on the forum. They are from pages 18 to 28 in the album in REVERSE ORDER. So if you find yourself, start further towards the end of the album (images are numbered in sequential order), and scroll towards the beginning in slideshow mode to see some action.

Here's a free wallpaper:

Bill?:

Rob and Sandy's Hemi swapped G35:
Last edited by DJ_B_Easy on Mon May 14, 2012 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sndtgr08
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5SE MT

The one video the munchkin shot. 2 laps and knocking down a cone with a quarter panel :chuckle:
http://youtu.be/7Elx4x8SVe0

Anybody get a shot of me mowing down the cones on my 3rd run? Would love it for wall paper to remind me to turn faster :naughty:

Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

As info, autocross times are up...

nicofest-carlisle-2012-autocross-times-t557661.html

twisted99s10
Car: 1989 Nissan 240sx Hatch
1992 Nissan 240sx Sil-camino
1993 Nissan 240sx Coupe

I had an awesome time down there. By far the best carlisle i have ever been to, and i hardly left the nico area. Rip'n parts off the cars, and blow'n out tires had nothing on our first three way tandems tho. Thanks for let'n us have a blast on the track, and i hope u guys had as much fun watching us slide as we did doing it.

Here is the best pic iv found of my coupe so far.

And here is one of matt, rob and myself coming into the bottom corner.

That last one was taken by one of our local photographers. I'll try to get her to post a link to more of them up here.

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

HOLY DAMN, that pic of the Silvia Drift Hag is freaking AMAZING.

You guys rocked that s*** all over the track. We had a blast watching, and I hope you guys had fun tearing it up.

We're working on a full article, but for now, let's see some more pics, and tell us what your favorite part of the weekend was!

-Greg

p.s. Guess which "other" forum doesn't do stuff like this? :poke: :poke: :poke:

SUCK IT!!! :rotfl

Billdog350

Hey guys, thanks for uploading all the pics! Its great to see everyone and their cars in action! Lots of good times turned on the autocross as well!

I'm bummed that the go-pro video didn't come out. If anyone has any videos of me drifting the vette...please post me the link so I can grab it. It figures that the one real good run I had, there aren't videos of :facepalm:

DJ_B_Easy

Aw man, I really wish I had gone over to the fence for that angle on the drifts. Awesome shot.

Here's a couple more of you twisted99s10. These are all from the same pass.

MagikDragon
Car: 1991 240SX, 1992 240SX, 1986 MB 190E 2.3-16

had a great time guys. Amy has some pics and videos we will get them up later tonight.

DJ_B_Easy

Shenanigans:

MOST of the Altima crew at the abandoned Carlisle Tire Warehouse after the show Sunday:

VQpwrdSE-R
Car: 2005 Code Red Nissan Altima SE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Loved that photo spot for the Altima/Sunday nico crew. Beasy great pics man. I looked through most of your photobucket pics. I think I have a new sig pic from my autocross runs.

Thanks to everyone who put in work shagging cones in the heat, recording times and organizing the event. It was a great weekend. I will be back next year with some more people.

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

Also Beasy, we're you shooting the autocross at the tent on a tripod? I looked at my series of photos and it seems to be framed the same. If so I'm thinking of doing a little photoshop work and stitching the 6+ more frames into one for a sequence pic.

DJ_B_Easy

^Not from a tripod, but I was shooting as if the camera was on a tripod for that very reason. You should be able to do exactly that and get a nice sequence laid on top of each other in one shot. There might be a small amount of left/right movement but it should be minimal.

More pics coming, I have all of Pete's from Saturday since we dumped them from his SD card onto my computer. Uploading now...

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

DJBeasy wrote:^Not from a tripod, but I was shooting as if the camera was on a tripod for that very reason
That's great man, I'll try it. It's Also great GIF material for everyone.

Some of my videos:

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcQ8SAOK9uY[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9XwJJeg21c[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J5o2Gvzw5bw[/youtube]
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xXjf0Jr8VRo[/youtube]
A fellow niconaut who will never remember this until its viewed. Great attempt even when sideways [youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JENYN9RsOU[/youtube]

sndtgr08
Car: Altima Coupe 3.5SE MT

VQpwrdSE-R wrote:A fellow niconaut who will never remember this until its viewed. Great attempt even when sideways
:chuckle: That was awesome! He did great, I think at that point he said was at 36 hours with no sleep! Great driving by the way!

LongBeachCoupe
2005 Lexus RX

Billdog... idk what torry touched on the camera when I had your card inside...
I have a great view from the top of the windshield though.... post soon

DJ_B_Easy

Here is the link to Pete's shots from Saturday. He is a member here (altimasleeper) but he never logs on, I'll try and get him to load up the pics from Sunday as well. He has a bunch of auto-x shot in the same fashion as mine, random debauchery, and bikini contest in here. I didnt really go through all of them so not sure what else is in there.

http://s19.photobucket.com/albums/b176/ ... 02012%202/

Greg cleaning up the remnants of twisted99s10's bumper:

Stacey's (SentraStace) 2nd place SRT-4 in SRT-4.

Bart's (Sndtrgr08) 2nd place Altima Coupe in Nissan Other.

Shelley and I immediately upon arrival. Im fried from driving, she's ready to rock, both with necessary beer in hand.

VQpwrdSE-R
2013 Nissan Altima SV

sndtgr08 wrote:
VQpwrdSE-R wrote:A fellow niconaut who will never remember this until its viewed. Great attempt even when sideways
:chuckle: That was awesome! He did great, I think at that point he said was at 36 hours with no sleep! Great driving by the way!
Thanks Bart! I shaved some rubber off the ventus V12s but it was well worth it. I hadn't autocrossed in 2 Years and I know what I was missing.
LongBeachCoupe wrote:Billdog... idk what torry touched on the camera when I had your card inside...
The gopro video shot of you from the BMW should turn out nice. I have an in car video and another angle shot by my wife in the stands I need to edit into one.

DJ_B_Easy

Had to add this one of the Altima crew as well. I think it was shot with a frickin' iPhone panoramic app.

Jesda

Whoa, nice pano!

EZcheese15
Car: 2012 Juke SV
2011 Titan Pro-4X
2007 BMW 328i

LongBeachCoupe wrote:Billdog... idk what torry touched on the camera when I had your card inside...
I just powered it on and hit the record button. I assumed it was already set in the correct mode. Red light was flashing, so I don't know.

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Had an awesome time! I have a bunch of pics I need to go through.

It was great to finally meet Brian. He's way less of a douche in real life than I would have expected, and I'm not sure if that is good or bad (ha!). Big thanks to him for working the track and tech for so damn long.

Thanks again to Ray for dinner Saturday night, even though it meant you stank everyone that was staying in your room out so they had to come to mine. Also thanks for picking me up from the airport.

Thanks to Joel for obviously working the track like the Boss he is, but also for letting me use your sunblock. I'd be blistering and vomiting if it weren't for that.

Thanks to Andy for the keg. You still haven't said how much I owe you ;)

Thanks to Jesda for driving me to the airport.

Thanks to Torry, Seanzy, Ray, and Greg for letting me thrash your cars on the track.

I'm probably forgetting some stuff, but let's be honest, there was a lot of partying, so some details are bound to get left out.

Return to “General Chat”