CAN SOME1 PLZ HELP MY TIME IS RUNNING OUT

Forum for the unique Murano, and official home of Nissan Murano Club!
FLAWLIS101
Car: 06 Nissan Murano

I HAVE POSTED A COUPLE OF QUESTIONS ABOUT SOME LIGHTS I FOUND THEM ON EBAY AND THE AUCTIONS IS CLOSING SOON CAN SOME1 PLZ HELP ME OUT WIT THIS..QUESTIONS..1. CAN I SWAP OUT THE FACTORY LIGHTS OUT MY 06 MURANO S FOR THE FACTORY HIDS??2. IS THE CAR PREWIRED FOR FOG LIGHTS CAN I JUST BUY THEM AND INSTALL OR DO I HAVE TO BUY WIRES AND HARNESS???3. REAR VIEW MIRROR CAN I FIND THE WIRES IN THE HEAD LINER FOR THE AUTO DIMMING/ HOME LINK MIRROR???

CAN I PLZ GET SOME HELP ON THIS

bourque_john
Car: 2006 Nissan Murano

Hi there. Hopefully this isn't too late for you but I'm pretty new to this place. for the head lights, no. You'll need a ballast for the HIDs you plan to install. But if you look on ebay you can probably find the same style of headlight for the stock bulb in a 8500-10000K temp range.

In case you don't know, since I didn't until about 2k-3 months ago, the color/brightness on headlights is measured in temperatures. Normal dull yellow headlights like on most cars is in the 3000K - 5000k range. BMW HIDs are in the 10000K - 12000K range. Just to give you an idea. My wife's Volvo S40 uses an H11 style bulb but has a projector lens. So we dropped a 55/65 watt H11 bulb that was 8500K temp and you wouldn't know it isn't a real HID headlight that cost 150$ +.

Now as for the question of what style of bulb you have. I don't know. An HID bulb looks the same no matter the color range. So pop it out, and if it looks the same as the HID bulbs on ebay, then you do have HIDs. If however it looks like a normal headlight bulb you can score at autozone, you'll need to go the route I previously mentioned. Just check the back of the bulb for your connector style (H7, H11, 9007) and replace accordingly.

As for your rear view mirror with home link. The wiring should be in the head liner. I've had other vehicles that have had that. But I would maybe ask a Nissan mechanic.

Good luck to ya.

John

One thing I forgot to put in here when I originally answered you. No the factory HIDs won't work as you need the Ballast with them and that's not wired in unless it actually is an HID bulb. Though again ebay has plenty of upgrade kits for much more reasonable prices then you'd get going to most stores/performance shops.

As for your fogs, I don't think the wiring harness will be there. Some manufacturers just set up everything for everything. If that's the case here then your wiring will be tucked up a bit and capped. Truthfully though I don't know if Nissan does things like the way, oh say, GM does. Before you go all freaky on things, take the under-body molding that's right under the bumper off and look around for some wires that basically don't go anywhere. If you find some that are capped with a plug and just zip tied out of the way, your good to go. If not, break out the soldering iron.
Modified by bourque_john at 11:21 AM 2/2/2010

Return to “Murano Forum”