Buying a used Infiniti vs used Lexus

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
tuscanleather

New to the forum but I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on some car stuff.

I'm helping buying my mom buy a used car (for her birthday). I have a pretty basic knowledge of cars but I've never owned an Infiniti. I'm interested in what the general public has to say based on personal knowledge or experiences.

It's seems to be a split decision between (they all have more or less the same mileage all between 150km - 180km)
2005 Lexus ES 330
or
2006 Infiniti G35
or
2008 Sebring

Feel free to sound off on which purchase would be ideal, or which car/type I should stay away from. Any help is appreciated since it's for my mom.

arrow23
Car: 2008 Infiniti G37S Coupe
Stillen Gen 3 CAI, HFC's and Gnd Kit
ARK Grip CAT Back
Hotchkiss Sway Bars
Eibach Pro Kit
GT Spec FSTB
Uprev Tune
20 mm Wheel Spacers
Stillen Front Lip Spoiler

The Sebring is not even in the same universe as an Infiniti or Lexus.
I have an '08 G37S Coupe and my wife has an '09 G37S Sedan.
We bought both new. We have had no problems with either.
They are great cars. I'd say Infiniti, but Lexus are very good too.
Forget the Sebring, Chrysler's are not in the same league.

Starter
Car: 13 G37X sedan
11 G37S sedan

What arrow23 said. Don't even think about the Sebring, it's a piece of junk.

If you buy any used car just be sure it's been maintained. With any car, if you don't take care of it, over time you are going to have issues.

slicktop32
Car: 91 n/a 300zx
91 240sx hatch sr20 swap (sold)
90 240sx coupe (sold)

nissan>toyota

telcoman
Car: Tesla 2022 Model Y, 2016 Q70 Bye 2012 G37S 6 MT w Nav 94444 mi bye 2006 Infiniti G35 Sedan 6 MT @171796 mi.

tuscanleather wrote:New to the forum but I'm interested in hearing other people's opinions on some car stuff.

I'm helping buying my mom buy a used car (for her birthday). I have a pretty basic knowledge of cars but I've never owned an Infiniti. I'm interested in what the general public has to say based on personal knowledge or experiences.

It's seems to be a split decision between (they all have more or less the same mileage all between 150km - 180km)
2005 Lexus ES 330
or
2006 Infiniti G35
or
2008 Sebring

Feel free to sound off on which purchase would be ideal, or which car/type I should stay away from. Any help is appreciated since it's for my mom.
Buying any used car is a crap shoot.
I only purchase new
Have a look at brand new Nissan models in your price range
New vehicles come with all new parts and a warranty.
If my mom was still here (RIP) I would never let her purchase a used car.

Telcoman

SVTCOBRA
Car: 2018 Q60 AWD 2023 F150 4x4 5.0 FX4

A used car will save you THOUSANDS if you do your research and are good at haggling. Let somebody else take the hit on the loss of value once it is driven off the dealers lot!! :chuckle:
However, may take more time and effort to find what you want in the condition you want for the price you want.
When I purchased my 04 G coupe with 44 K miles, I picked up a Nissan extended warranty thru my local Nissan dealer that gave me 3 years of coverage for a reasonable price.

And, I would stick with the 06 G.
:cheers:

Kendahl
Car: 2008 G37S, Blue Slate, Premium, Navigation

The Infiniti is RWD (or AWD if an X model) and more sporting while the Lexus is FWD, softer and quieter. Get your mother to test drive both to see which she prefers.

If your mother has to deal with winter weather, a RWD Infiniti will need winter tires. The Lexus or an AWD Infiniti may get by with all seasons.

Both the Infiniti and the Lexus are solid, reliable cars provided they haven't been abused or neglected by their previous owners. The only way to check that is to have each one inspected by a trustworthy mechanic before purchase. If the seller won't agree to an inspection, you DON'T want the car.

The Chrysler Sebring is a big step down from either the Infiniti or The Lexus. The Chrysler 300 would be a closer match.

Other candidates are Nissan Altima and Maxima, Toyota Camry and Avalon, Acura TSX and TL, Honda Accord, Mazda6. Except for the Acuras, they should be cheaper than either Infiniti or Lexus because they were cheaper when new. That means your mother could get a newer car with fewer miles for the same money.

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”