bushing set for 1990 se

Forum for Nissan wheel fitment, tire selection, suspension setup and brake discussions.
IveBeenBad
Car: 1990 240SX Fastback STOCK BIOTCH

where can i buy one? poly preferably

turboweege

i think pdm-racing.com has some whiteline stuff

wanabe240esx

you wonr find S"et" like many civic owners have, you'll just have to peice together al the bushings pdm sells, you get almost all of them

yes they're poly

Exar-Kun
Car: 2005 350Z

you can get a set, hosers.courtesy nissan carries the entire NISMO bushing set.-chet

matt147

Are the Nismo bushings good? I was surprised to see that Energy didn't make a full set for the 240.

Exar-Kun

energy suspension has a habbit of ignoring great cars because its "hard" to make bushings for them or some such nonsense....

idiots.

NISMO stuff is top-of-the-line. you really cant buy better...-chet

dreamsOfSkylines

The nismo ones aren't actually poly though, they're harder rubber. I honestly don't know how much that matters but i doubt they're as stiff since they claim "witout the ride deteriation of polys" (pr something like that).

Exar-Kun

have you seen a nismo bushing? have you compared it to a stock bushing? I dont know what they are amde out of, it doesnt specify in the parts catalog, its just says its stiffer than the stock rubber ones, but not polyurethane. they could be polygraphite for all I know. I DO know nismo makes very nice stuff, abeit pricey, and its pretty hard to beat the NISMO part-for-part performance.

-chet

wanabe240esx

i wanna find out, maybe they have some at dealers, my friend works at one

Raigeki

Anyone have an idea on cost for an entire Nismo bushing set and approximate increase in handling? Nismo is hot but it makes my wallet get oh so empty so very fast ^_^

mtclaes

The NISMO bushings are a harder durometer rubber than stock. They are superior in my opinion at least, to polyurethane bushings for most applications. Generally the problem with urethane bushings is that they are so stiff that they eventually crack, depending on how the car is used, sometimes it takes a year or more but they will eventually crack. This is not that big a deal since you can always pop them out again and replace them. The other problem is that urethane naturally creates a lot of stiction but its nature. The premise of urethane bushings is to have the metal inner sleeves rotate while the urethane is static, this is fine until the grease that lubricates the two is pressed out/broken down, then they bind, heat is generated and they crack. If you take them time to inspect/lubricate/replace polyurethane bushings, they can be great. Many companies impregnate the urethane with graphite to increase lubrication, this seems to help somewhat. Rubber bushings like the NISMO (as well as ones made by MUGEN, STi, TRD, etc) require no maintenance. The inner metal sleeve is bonded to the rubber and it rotates causing the rubber to twist and deform at a regular rate. They are generally of a harder durometer rubber than the stock ones and do an excellent job. I would recommend these to most people, and they are what I’m getting for my car. The other options are metal on metal spherical bearings, which are cost prohibitive, require some maintenance also; people don't care for the noise/stiffness. There are also nylon bushings which have nylon sleeves sandwiched between two metal sleeves. These are excellent, the are pressed into the factory control arms (unlike spherical bushings which generally require modified/custom control arms) but are not common on street cars, are also expensive, cusco makes them (actually cusco makes every type of bushing). I didn't intend to write a book about bushings but maybe this helped some people out.

Return to “Nissan Tires, Wheels, Brakes and Suspension”