Bringing on a few new staffers - Do YOU have what it takes?

A General Discussion forum for cars and other topics, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to NICO!
AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Ask anyone who's been a Moderator on NICOclub over the past 14 years, and they'll tell you what an awesome, cohesive, friendly crew we have... Most of these guys have become lifelong friends, and a member of a small but badass group of the best and most knowledgeable Nissan enthusiasts on the planet.

We've got a few guys who are heading off to handle other commitments, and are needing to [try to] fill their shoes.

It's a relatively thankless gig - know that, upfront. However, we have a great time, and the camaraderie is infectious. Sure, a few t-shirts and some NICO swag is cool. Occasionally, we'll get access to a press event, or an opportunity to do a product review (free stuff is always awesome).

We're not looking for a huge commitment, but I need folks who are:
1) Available to be online at least once a day (to check in on the Mod forum and your 'home' forum, whatever it may be).
2) Able to write well. Seriously, we pride ourselves on being literate, communicative, and educated. Text-speak is for Honda kids. :)
3) Mechanically adept. You don't need to be a mechanic, or fabricator, or diagnostician - but some knowledge of your ride is a plus.
4) Most of all: Patient. We're helping n00bs, and we always will. We were all rookies once, and someone extended us that courtesy.

If you're down to write an install or modification article (such as those you see on the homepage) once in a great while, even better - although not required. It's a great way to get your name out there, and if you ever have any aspirations to work in PR, advertising, journalism, or the auto industry, our name on your resume is a big plus.

So, if you're down to join the team, PM me with a few links to some of your activity (threads or articles), and let me know what area you're most enthusiastic about. I'm looking to fill about 5 slots before we come back from Carlisle - after that, we're all gonna be busier than cats covering s***, so it'll be a while before we have a chance to look over applicants.

If you're not interested, but know someone who would be a great fit, or someone you have learned a lot from, forward this thread to them.

Thanks in advance, and we appreciate you guys being here! :dblthumb:

PapaSmurf2k3
Site Admin
Car: 2017 Corvette, 2018 Focus ST, 1993 240sx truck KA Turbo.

Just think of all the cool info you get to see in the mod forum!
ITS EXCLUSIVE!!!

Return to “General Chat”