Break In Period

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
chipmunk76
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback, Powder Fresh

I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but since I have very little time to roam through the past logs, I'm wondering how long everyone felt it took for their Versa's to break in?

I have 800 miles on my Versa so far the 3 weeks I've had it, and am only getting 28-30mpg. That's with doing 80% freeway driving 34 miles round trip to work and back. I'm pretty conservative doing mostly 65-70mph on the freeway and no more than the posted speed limit once I get off. I also drive light footed, coast to stops, and try not to go over 2500rpms at start up (much to the dismay of those behind me) . I would think after it's broken in, I should get better mileage, hopefully between 33-35mpg's.

Oh by the way, I have the CVT transmission. I know everycar is different. My last car took as much as 4,000 miles to break in, where some of my vehicles from years past only took 2,000 miles. Thanks!

Red Devil
Car: 1990 240SX w/t SR20 and 08 Nissan Versa SL

Just follow the recommended procedure listed in the manual and you'll do fine.

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

chipmunk76 wrote:I'm sure this topic has been discussed before, but since I have very little time to roam through the past logs,
so, you are assuming everyone else here has more time than you to do your research or reiterate what has been stated before? The search really does work well. I am also assuming that you may not have time to read your manual either but that is probably the best answer per the previous poster. If you cannot tell, you have hit a nerve based upon experience on this forum and a few others.

For example, I typed in break in Versa and several threads popped up. Took about 30 seconds.

chipmunk76
Car: 2008 Versa SL Hatchback, Powder Fresh

It was a simple question really, and therefore was looking for simple answer. Relax dude, I didn't mean anything by it. If this is a "FORUM", we should be able to discuss whatever we want, and how many times we want. If you don't like the discussion, hit the back button and move on. I've been in the car business for over 7 years, and fyi, don't ever go by the owners manual when it comes to determining break-in mileage. The owners manuals are written well before that paticular vehicle hits that market. It's generalizing, so they can write the manuals before the vehicle even hits the production line. Again, all cars are different and every driver is different. I was simply asking what MILEAGE people thought their cars were when they felt it was broken in. When the vehicle is broken in, that's when you get a real good gauge as to your mileage. Make sense???

matttail
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

This is a forum, and as in any forum there is certain etiquette expected of the people here, or netiquette as it's called on the Internet. Regardless if you mean to or not you come across as extremely rude when you just post and say I don't feel like searching, just tell me.

I know this has been discussed in depth before, so check out the red flashing search button at the top of the page and find those discussions for your self. Then if you feel you still have a question that wasn't covered feel free to post.

fjwagner
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S et al

this link to the sticky at the top of the thread listings might help explain where I am coming from and the "netiquette" Mattail references.

zerothread/298155

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”