Bearing Squealing 03 M45

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
MIG_45
Car: 2003 M45

i been having squealing issues on my front right bearing when driving i make a right turn its squeals i even went driving up the hill and squealed hard and i can tell when braking it will squeal a different noise. Im concern it may be the the bearing? i added the bearings when i got the bearing hub and new struts.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

What do you mean by you added the bearing when you got the hub? Our hubs are sold as an enclosed unit...meaning the bearing is inside.

When did you replace those?

MIG_45

the hub was new it didnt come with it and i had to install the bearing at the dealership

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

If the hub is OEM, the bearing is already pressed into the hub. It's an all-in-one unit. What did you buy?

EDIT: Doh! My bad. You have an 03, not sure why I didn't notice that in the thread title earlier. This might only apply to the 06+. My apologies. Did they replace both sides or just one side? Technically, bearings don't squeal. They usually result in a humming noise of sorts. Are you sure it's not your belt squealing...you mention going up a hill (bearing wouldn't be affected here) and making a right turn (was your wheel fully locked to the right)?

EdBwoy

So did this issue start immediately following the hub replacement?

I am thinking your issue might be the power steering system, whose components are located at the bottom right side of the engine. Jack up the front of the car and spin the front wheels to see if you get any noises.
Then with the nose still up, turn the steering wheel from end to end and see if it squeals. If it happens in this case, then we're looking at the PS fluid level, bad pump, or bad pulley/bearings.

Ilya

EdBwoy wrote:So did this issue start immediately following the hub replacement?

I am thinking your issue might be the power steering system, whose components are located at the bottom right side of the engine. Jack up the front of the car and spin the front wheels to see if you get any noises.
Then with the nose still up, turn the steering wheel from end to end and see if it squeals. If it happens in this case, then we're looking at the PS fluid level, bad pump, or bad pulley/bearings.
This is more likely, but I wanted to make sure it wasn't the belt first as that could cause a squeal too (he said up a hill so I assumed it wasn't power steering).

I'll check the belts and PS fluid level as first checks.

MIG_45

the belts are good i been thinking it would been the rotor.

EdBwoy

Did you try any of the steps I suggested to eliminate the power steering system as the issue?

MIG_45

I'm going to review the power steering to see the issue

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”