Bose Factory Rear Speaker Wiring - 2004 G Coupe

A general discussion forum for G35 and G37 owners and a great place to introduce yourself to the NICOclub G-Series Forums!
BlackRabbit
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

I am trying to install the PAC AAI-NIS2 Aux Audio Adapter in my 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe with factory Bose, no SAT. In doing so I destroyed the factory speaker plug (6 pin) that goes into the back of the factory head unit. I purchased a Metra 71-7550 to replace the factory plug.

There are 6 wires from the factory harness: orange, gray, yellow, pink, blue & green with yellow stripe. I am trying to determine which of these wires goes to which speaker in order to install the Metra harness correctly. It is only the rear speakers that are affected; with the Amp wire connected the front and mid speakers work.

I found the "wiring diagram" below on modifiedlife.com (http://www.modifiedlife.com/car-stereo- ... g35-coupe/ )

I have indicated (in all CAPS) on the diagram which wires are coming from the factory harness.

2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe Car Stereo Radio Wiring Diagram

Radio Constant 12V+ Wire: YellowRadio Switched Ignition 12V+ Wire: Light Green

Radio Ground Wire: Chassis - UNSURE WHICH IS GROUND WIRE COMING FROM FACTORY HARNESS

Radio Illumination Dimmer Wire: Red/BlueRadio Antenna Trigger Wire: Green/White or Red/White

Radio Amplifier Turn On Wire: Green/Yellow to Light Blue - CONNECTED TO AMP WIRE

Front Speaker Size: N/AFront Speaker Location: N/ALeft Front Speaker Wire (+): White or BlueLeft Front Speaker Wire (-): Black or Black/WhiteRight Front Speaker Wire (+): Green or BrownRight Front Speaker Wire (-): Red or Black/RedRear Speaker Size: N/ARear Speaker Location: N/A

Left Rear Speaker Wire (+): Brown or Light Green - NEITHER PRESENT IN FACTORY HARNESS

Left Rear Speaker Wire (-): Yellow or Black/Yellow - YELLOW PRESENT IN FACTORY HARNESS

Right Rear Speaker Wire (+): Blue or Orange - BOTH PRESENT IN FACTORY HARNESS

Right Rear Speaker Wire (-): Pink or Black/Pink - PINK PRESENT IN FACTORY HARNESS

Could anyone tell me how these connections should be made?

Thanks in advance for your help.

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

BlackRabbit
Car: 2004 Infiniti G35 Coupe

audtatious - Thank you very much for providing the manual!!! It is immensely helpful. I looked everywhere for something like this. I believe I found the info I need and can now correct the problem. I have spent hours trying to find this info, and what makes it worse is that I would have never had to do this had I not destroyed the factory plug in the first place. I truly appreciate your help!Thanks again!BlackRabbit

audtatious
Car: 2017 Q60 Red Sport. Gone: 2014 Q50s, 2008 G37s coupe, 2007 G35s Sedan, 2002 Maxima SE, 2000 Villager Estate (Quest), 1998 Quest, 1996 Sentra GXE

Glad to help. We have the whole FSM available for future needs:

http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/G35/Coupe/2004

Return to “G35 and G37 General Discussions”