bolt on's

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
thes14project
Car: Thinking my friend and I have mechanical skills

With out internal engine mods, what are some bolt ons I can add for some extra horse besides headers, turbo, exhaust and a cold air intake? Thanks, Scott :withstup

SPIRO

Try looking into an underdrive pulley, MSD ignition system, um make sure u got NGK plugs if u don't get some for a couple extra ponies, you could take out your a/c, replace your mechanical fan for electric ones that'll free up some horsies, umm the more weight u lose the faster you'll go so go nuts, ecu upgrade, i dunno go do some research, good luck

Zebrahead
Car: cars, basketball, girls, fishing

once teh minor bolt ons are done, things start to get more expensive, and they do less and less (not modding the internals that is). If you invest $400 in some street cams, and another $500 or so on the KA24E pistons (to increase compression assuming you have a DE), you'll see at least 20 horses to the wheels. This is plus the 8-10HP you get from your bolt ons. With that setup, a good clutch, and an LSD, you should run mid-low 14s depending on your skill and tire/wheel setup.

Nick.

Zebrahead

once teh minor bolt ons are done, things start to get more expensive, and they do less and less (not modding the internals that is). If you invest $400 in some street cams, and another $500 or so on the KA24E pistons (to increase compression assuming you have a DE), you'll see at least 20 horses to the wheels. This is plus the 8-10HP you get from your bolt ons. With that setup, a good clutch, and an LSD, you should run mid-low 14s depending on your skill and tire/wheel setup.

Nick.

thes14project
Car: Thinking my friend and I have mechanical skills

thanks guys

Yea "killing them softly" is a great video

Isn't that right V.P. Santiago!

See seeeeeee

Scott

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

try http://www.pdm-racing.com they have good ones for DOHC and very streetable.

Zebrahead

thes14project wrote:thanks guys

Yea "killing them softly" is a great video

Isn't that right V.P. Santiago!

See seeeeeee

Scott

haha, yeah. it rocks. i have it on my computer.

If you'd kill me (referring to himself being teh first black president), you just open up the borders, because my Vice President would be Mexican. Isn't that right Mr. Santiago?

Si! Siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii!

lol, enough whoring for me.

Nick.

UncleBen
Car: '05 G35 Sedan Sport, '98 240sx LE auto, '95 240sx SE auto,

if you do all the bolt-ons, zebrahead, you'll get more than 8-10 HP. intake, headers, exhaust, pulleys....thats probably more than 10 HP. i mean i dont know how much but i'm pretty sure it would be more. in the recent issue or SCC i think it was, they took a '95 or '96 240 w/ over 100k miles, and put on exhaust, CAI and pulleys and got like 20 dynoed HP. its unbelieveable almost, but if its true, then thats awesome.

bruinbear714

1) get the advanced timing kit on ebay - easy free hp2) use the zmax total car care kit you see on tv to help engine3) add 3 foot spoiler for drag reduction and acceleration aiding4) use a coffee can size muffler tip to flow out air easier5) tornado fuel saver - save some gas6) electric supercharger on ebay7) stickers - the more you have towards the rear of your car, the more balanced your car will be -> 50/50 weight distribution and you'll corner like a mofo.

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

what i would love is to BOLT ON a new engine. That would help a good majority of us...

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”