BNR32 Owners, Where do you get your parts?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
ItzGenX
Car: Smoke Purple 95' S14.5. Powered by the "Iron Man".

Ok, so I was going through my checklist of things that may need to be replaced before I cram it all into my S14(awd), and I noticed that on my R32 clip, the right hand front axle boot is busted wide open with not a lick of grease left in the cv axle. This leads me to a wild goose hunt for regular replacement axles that would fit the R32 GTR if mine are shot and FUBAR. The only front axle set I could find through any simple search engine would come from DSS(drive shaft shop), 1200hp(overkill) race axles for the price of something that's out of this world. Does anyone know anywhere (perhaps an over seas equivelant of autozone and will ship to the US) that I can order some reman/replacement parts for the car or cross reference usdm axles?

Count Zero
Car: 1990 Skyline GT-R, Federal Legal & fully registered.

I try to cross-reference for shared parts first....amazing how many stuff is shared between the Z32tt and the S13/14.

As for the front boot...I had to replace mine as well and if I remember, I ended up using an early- 90's Maxima boot.

ItzGenX

Yea I know most of the stuff will cross to a Z32TT with exception of maybe an arm or two that is instead shared with S13's. Did you use the inner or outer boot from a 90's Maxima? I have a 91 here that I can probably crawl under and measure, but you can also save me the trouble :). I believe it's my inner front right boot that is totally gone. The problem I see is that CV axles don't last forever due to the constant amount of sharp angle turns that we put on them while rotating. Knowing and being able to get an entire axle replacement is what I am getting at. The front right axle resembles the usual axle off a front wheel drive car(maxima?) where you have to pop it out with a prying tool (unsure about spline count on both ends and length). The front left axle looks a lot like the stock rear S13/14/15 axle with a 6 bolt flange in a '2bolt x 3wing' arrangement (again, unsure about spline count difference and length).

Count Zero
Car: 1990 Skyline GT-R, Federal Legal & fully registered.

I honestly don't remember if outer or inner...was 3 years ago.

But it's lasted three years, so can't be all that bad I guess. :)

As far as what front axles might be the same, I've no idea.

tyndago

I am pretty sure the axles are unique. The boots are not. If there is a local driveshaft rebuild shop, take it to them. Should be fairly in expensive for them to rebuild the axle.

ItzGenX

Being in south Mississippi, there aren't any rebuilders around here. It looks like I will have to send them off somewhere to have them rebuilt if/when needed.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”