Blown fuse help needed

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
pmtran16
Car: Infiniti M45

I blew the fuse the that is connected to the interior lights that lights up the dash/temperature controls/center dials/misc other dash lights. I guess this is the same fuse that is connected to my taillights and license plate light cause when i turn on my headlights, the headlights turn on but neither my tailights or license plate light.

Does anyone know what fuse controls all these lights and where I can locate it? I want to buy the fuse and fix it myself instead of going to a infiniti dealership to have it done.

Please help

MrInfinit_E
Car: Infiniti m35x

Let's see if I can be of any help to you. The location of the fuse box for all the interior lights and switches is located on the side wall of the driverside near the bottom right next to the parking brake. Once you open the little compartment there is a diagram that shows you what every fuse is for. Test for the burnt ones and just replace them. Second there is another fuse box, this one hold the fuses for all exterior components such as tail lights, horn, etc. The location of this box is under the hood. First lift your hood and then locate your battery compartment remove that lid and then you will see a little black box this is where the fuses are remove that lid see the diagram on it as well test the fuse remove and replace. Viola......hope I helped.

pmtran16

MrInfinit_E wrote:Let's see if I can be of any help to you. The location of the fuse box for all the interior lights and switches is located on the side wall of the driverside near the bottom right next to the parking brake. Once you open the little compartment there is a diagram that shows you what every fuse is for. Test for the burnt ones and just replace them. Second there is another fuse box, this one hold the fuses for all exterior components such as tail lights, horn, etc. The location of this box is under the hood. First lift your hood and then locate your battery compartment remove that lid and then you will see a little black box this is where the fuses are remove that lid see the diagram on it as well test the fuse remove and replace. Viola......hope I helped.

I checked the fuses in both fuse box locations but couldn't find one that was blown. I was hoping someone had knowledge on a specific fuse that would cover this electrical items.

I must be missing something. I feel dumb. I'll check again later tonight.

But if anyone knows which fuse it is please help.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

What you're saying is the lights that turn on while the main headlights are on for example during night driving are not working?

Here are some questions back to you:

Do the daytime running lights work?Do the rear brake lights work without the headlights turned on?

For the interior lights did you turn up the interior light control switch all the way? (Hey, you'd be surprised how many ppl don't check)

Just a guess without further information it could be a bad relay. Or possibly just the contacts. If you find the fuse/relay box in the engine bay on the same side as the battery and re-seat the relays.

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

I haven't played w/my fuses since I've owned my M. But I know that fuses sometimes are hard to assess if they are blown or not. I would suggest you use a continuity checker (multimeter) to make sure. It seems peculiar that your fuse would not be in the usual places.

pmtran16

msvara wrote:What you're saying is the lights that turn on while the main headlights are on for example during night driving are not working?

Here are some questions back to you:

Do the daytime running lights work? For some reason I dont have daytime running lights....I didn't even know the M's have daytime running lightsDo the rear brake lights work without the headlights turned on?Break lights work without the headlights on but obviously only when i press the breaks

For the interior lights did you turn up the interior light control switch all the way? (Hey, you'd be surprised how many ppl don't check)Yup I checked that

Just a guess without further information it could be a bad relay. Or possibly just the contacts. If you find the fuse/relay box in the engine bay on the same side as the battery and re-seat the relays. Guess I'll check this tonight

pmtran16

antzrus wrote:I haven't played w/my fuses since I've owned my M. But I know that fuses sometimes are hard to assess if they are blown or not. I would suggest you use a continuity checker (multimeter) to make sure. It seems peculiar that your fuse would not be in the usual places.
Ok so I check both fuse boxes(interior and engine bay fuse box) and checked all the fuses with a continuity checker and all the fuses are ok.

I did notice that when my headlights are on my driving lights are also off. Is there a fuse for the driving lights and if so where is that located.

svard75
Car: 06 M35x

As I suggested earlier you can attempt to remove the relays and check for corrosion or rust at the contact points. Replacing a relay should be done with the exact replacement part and to test a relay you require a variable voltage source and a continuity tester and an understanding of how relays work. You can read through this article. http://www.howstuffworks.com/relay.htm

tonyynguyen
Car: 2008 M35

pmtran16 wrote:I blew the fuse the that is connected to the interior lights that lights up the dash/temperature controls/center dials/misc other dash lights. I guess this is the same fuse that is connected to my taillights and license plate light cause when i turn on my headlights, the headlights turn on but neither my tailights or license plate light.

Does anyone know what fuse controls all these lights and where I can locate it? I want to buy the fuse and fix it myself instead of going to a infiniti dealership to have it done.

Please help
Did you figure out the problem?I have the exact same problem as you, no interior lighting, no taillight when headlights are on. I don't have the fuse box cover so I don't know which fuse is assigned to what.
Modified by tonyynguyen at 5:33 PM 3/13/2010

Partysan7

Did anyone ever figured it out, I have the same issue.
Made short in map light trying to swap to led and now pretty much nothing works, no int light no turn signals no seat no steering el. Control :(

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

hopefully you didn't short out the wiring system... but have you tried just buying some fuses and swap them to see if that would work? I know Autozone has them for roughly 7 bucks for a pack of 5. I had this happen before when i was careless and installed my puddle lights, but i saw some blown fuses, replace them and everything seems to work now

Partysan7

Yeah hopefully its just a couple of fuses, one bulb can cause all of this :crazy:
Anyways will try everything I can whatever the outcome is I will make sure I update this thread with an helpful answer !

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

Partysan, this is where my 'aggravation policy' takes over. I spent the better part of an entire day crawling about, crooking my head and arms and body into all sorts of un-natural positions with a flash light and fuse puller at the ready, only to end up with the same troubles.

Aggravation policy #1)
Consider the value of your time and what you're missing whilst doing all this, as well as the effect of the frustration on your normal happy self.

Then the labor charge at the dealer ($68 in my case) and the 20 minutes it took them to fix it didn't hurt so much.
In my case it was 3 fuses blown by that single dome lamp. They used the 'spare' in my fuse box so it was labor-only.

Partysan7

Relax !!! I get aggrivated too by members actually never updating and posting the fix. I asked for simple question and you' ve been taking me left to right with your answers, if paying 68 bucks to dealer was satisfying for you then great!!! It may come down to actually me going there aswell. Its not the 68 buck that i worry about its the principle. People should be able to do such fixes on their own.And if I actually do go to dealer I will ask for what exactly it was so I could post it up for someone running into this.

Partysan7

Ok just drove down to Autozone and picked up couple of different fuses. Fuse panel is on the left side of where your e brake is , open it up and you will see this
Note: this pic was taken after all three were replaced
Next the fuse(s) that handle the interior lights , mirrors , turn signals, seats ,steering wheel and who knows what else are the bottom three on the very right corner. I replaced all three but the one that actually turned everything back on was in the middle of those 3 in the bottom right corner
Cost: $5 plus 5 minutes of work and a drive to azone

Larz

You, sir .... are bloody brilliant !
TY for positng that. OK, so who do I see about my $68 spent at the dealership ?!?!?

Question: did you mean the three red 10amp fuses?

Partysan7

Yes the three red 10amp fuses but the one in the middle brought back power to everything. So basically all of those things are hooked to that one Fuse which on the fuse panel box doors diagram states "Room Lamp"

GQM45s
Car: 2008 Infiniti M45 Sport Tech Pkg, Advance Tech Pkg, Mobile Entertainment Pkg

glad it was just some fuses! I had that issue before and we are fortunate that it was only a few fuses that were blown. I was scared to death that i blew the whole wiring system in the car! Isn't there a diagram somewhere on the FAQ for the fuses? Well the link to the service manual that is

Larz

Thanks again, Partysan! I hope it never happens again, but if it does, we all have YOU to thank for making the fix much easier on all of us.

chasegtm
Car: m35x tech package

i have a 2006 m35x tech package kids was playing in the back seat pressing everything then my dashboard speedometerand all no radio Ac but still blows thank god no navi and dvd tv in the back seat stop working nothing works up front but the temp/gas PLZ help i check all the fuses but i didnt check the relays im not sure if they even opp all that stuff that stop working

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”