blind spot not working?

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
MY2J
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37

Just curious if this feature is known for giving problems? As soon as I turn the car on, it goes through it's regular calibration checks and then turns on the BSI CEL on the odometer. The lane departure feature still works properly and beeps when the camera mounted over the rear view mirror detects improper merging... but my BSI on the sides don't light up anymore. Where exactly are these sensors located? Can there possibly be something obstructing the sensors? A few weeks ago someone hit my car while parked at the mall. They hit it on the lower driver side of rear bumper and slightly pushed in my quarter panel (red circle) :mad: Could this be the reason? What I find to be odd is that it was working fine even after they hit the car... wasn't until this past weekend that it stopped working completely.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Per the FSM (page DAS-425), right in that area of the bumper is the "Side Radar L/H"...so yes, I could see it affecting BSI operation if it finally gave out or a harness or something got pinched and shorted.

MY2J

aw man... well that sucks! planned on getting this taken care of at the body shop but I guess now I have to look into getting a new sensor and it being more involved :( any idea what the part number is? thanks for that info btw

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Try using a site like infinitipartsusa.com or something to see if you can see the diagrams and get the part number that way. There are many parts sites that have diagrams and part numbers...just gotta do some research. But only way you'll know is if you remove the bumper and look to see what's wrong...maybe the harness just got jostled or something.

MY2J

yeah, tried that and had no luck. closest I got was #13 "guard" but I'm not sure that's correct
http://discountinfinitiparts.com/parts/ ... CallOut=13

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

http://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissanpart ... 25994CM13E

which lists (8) of them by color of your car

MY2J

pedsemdoc wrote:http://parts.infinitiusa.com/nissanpart ... 25994CM13E

which lists (8) of them by color of your car
sorry, by color? don't understand... I was under the impression that these sensors sat behind the bumper/quarter panel (where ever they are) and are not visible. Which is why I'm question the color thing :gotme
the link did not work btw

Ilya

The link above works fine.

That being said, I googled one of the part numbers for an image and it looks like it's the sonar sensors for the rear bumper, hence the colors (to match the paint). The link above is NOT for the BSI.

You definitely need the "Side Radar LH":

Based on this diagram I think you need "K" but I can't seem to match that part number:

EDIT: OP, you really should be doing your own digging as well as I've provided you with enough information to give you a starting point...might even want to call the dealer and give them the part number in the image and see what they can find. Won't cost you anything to call them but your time. :dblthumb:

EDIT 2: This is what you need: 284K0-1ME0A

http://www.ebay.com/itm/11-12-13-INFINI ... 1a&vxp=mtr

Just gotta take your time and do some digging...and cross reference diagrams, the FSM, etc.

Your welcome ;).

Ilya

Keep in mind, I still recommend you get to the sensor and check it out before spending money on a used ($200) or new ($600+) one...

MY2J

thank you very much! trust I've been trying my best to figure this out. These websites are not easy to navigate.

CRV_33
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56x

So are these senors located beneath the metal side panels of the car?

pedsemdoc
Car: 2013 M37 Sport - SOLD, Premium/Tech/Sport Journey
Carbon fiber engine cover
GT Spec front tower strut bar
R2C Intakes
Oil catch cans
Custom Start button LEDs

Ilya's got it right - I was thinking the rear parking sensor and NOT the BSI.

Ignore my link.

you didn't happen to hit the BSW (warning systems) switch off on the LEFT driver's side control panel.
I accidentally did that with my parking sonar sensors switch and thought that my sensors were busted.... :frown:
glad, i checked the switch before bringing it to the dealer - would've looked pretty dumb

MY2J

no, I know that switch is there and I turn it off to get rid of the CEL it throws. Something odd that happened yesterday, I gave both ends of the bumper a tap with my hand and the sensors worked! Plan on getting the hit repaired within the next couple of weeks so I'm gonna have them check out the sensors while they have the bumper off.
"CVR_33" from the looks of the diagram... these are located behind the bumper which makes sense so they are accessible.

Ilya

Called it, lol. The hit probably jostled them or something. Glad you got it working, at least temporarily.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”