Blacked-Out Headlights

The Nissan Versa Tech Discussion forum is the place to discuss Versa performance modifications and maintenance.
TheClevelandSound
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

Does anyone know where i can find blacked-out headlights for the Versa?

bigdog
Car: 2007 versa s 2007 xterra 1982 dodge truck

why? you may get bashed for doing something different.

Shad0wXCalibur
Car: Nissan Versa SL Sedan

Blacked out as in what's in the tutorials on the Versa homepage (http://www.nicoclub.com/articles.php?id=267092) or the whole lens itself being blacked out? If it's the 2nd, I would think that'd be a bit dangerous and illegal.

superskunk
Car: '07 Super Black Versa S Hatch,'06 Super Black Murano SL

one of my coworkers has this done to his dodge magnum.... it looks nice but the only thing is that he cant see from his headlights.... luckily for him he has fog lights... those are the only thing that lets him drive at night and theyre barely bright enough.... if you do decide to do this dont make them too dark, maybe 2 coats would do it, or just leave the space where your actual light shines out of clear....

my_new_v
Car: 2008 Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

superskunk wrote:one of my coworkers has this done to his dodge magnum.... it looks nice but the only thing is that he cant see from his headlights.... luckily for him he has fog lights... those are the only thing that lets him drive at night and theyre barely bright enough.... if you do decide to do this dont make them too dark, maybe 2 coats would do it, or just leave the space where your actual light shines out of clear....
Yeah your not supposed to paint over the part where the light is. I have blacked out headlights on my truck but the part where the actual light is is still chrome so that I can see from them lol.

TheClevelandSound...talk to reyes1212, he did his not too long ago.

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

...and they are still goin strong. The triple seal I made hasn't melted or anything. Supurb glossiness haha

TheClevelandSound
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa

alot of cars ive seen have actual fitted on plates that blackout the lights...the Versa doesnt have that?

reyes1212
Car: Super Black '07 Nissan Versa

wtf?

my_new_v

TheClevelandSound wrote:alot of cars ive seen have actual fitted on plates that blackout the lights...the Versa doesnt have that?
Say what? lol

Knightro2
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa SL

I believe he is talking about the GTS headlamp covers. I used to have them on my Bronco II back in High School.

http://www.spiderautomotive.com/smokclearcar.html

Can't seem to find any for the V. Probably because there is no space around them for it to clamp on to.
Modified by Knightro2 at 7:21 PM 7/18/2008

Knightro2

Bump bump dee bump bump

Hey Cleveland, were those GTS blackouts what you were talking about?

my_new_v

Are those good quality stuff though? Cause theres shops out there that have tint overlays.

Knightro2

I had my Bronco II for 4 years and put them on it when I first got it. Never had a problem with them. The good thing about the GTS' is that you can take them off when you need the full strength of your lights. But like I said, I haven't found any for the V and doubt they will ever come out for them since the headlamp modules (at taillight module) is flush against the body. Those GTS covers need something to grip or snap on to. Can't do that with the V.

my_new_v

Thats the only thing that I dont like about overlays or those GTS things. Your headlights wont be so bright, and I have dark enough tint on my truck that the last thing I need is for my headlights to not be bright lol. I say take the headlights apart and paint the inside, give the car a whole new look to it and you get to keep your headlights bright lol.

Return to “Versa Technical Discussions”