Best fix for these codes?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Skyline250GT
Car: Nissan Skyline 250GT 2003 Auto

I have been told its the same as an Infinity G35 and Nisan 350Z

Engine is the 280Bhp VQ35DE non rev up

Hi Guys,

As I understand it the G35/350Z and Skyline 250GT are the same, appologies I was unsure where to post this

I purchased a Skyline 250GT and for a week it was fine, since then however there have been a few issues

I overheated in traffic, replaced the front fans with a mishimoto one, this one seems to come on as soon as the engine starts, always stays on now seems no control like the old one, im sure they are meant to stay on after the car stops to carry on cooling ect, i also heard the original ones run in slow medium and fast depending on the temperature, wondering if I made a big mistake buying the mishimoto one? anyway that cooling issue seems to be ok now the car no longer gets hot in traffic.

Since then I have had the Engine slip and VDC light come on, I took it for an oil change, filter change and had the diagnostic showed the following,

P0340 Camshaft Possition Sensor Problem Bank 1
I got a OEM camshaft position sensor for just over £25 will be here in a few days ill try to fix it using youtube clips and forum info

P0327 Knock Sensor Bank 1 Signal Short/Low
Does it matter which brand I buy there seems to be a mix starting from £5 upto over £100. This one any good?
http://www.autozone.com/productComparis ... -sensor%3F
Looks to be to big a job for me do you know how much I would be looking at for a mechanic to do this?

P0113 Intake Air Temperature circuit signal high
I cant seem to find one online if anyone has a link to a good one? Im unsure if its the sensor on the outside of my airflow box, the sensor inside or the sensor near the radiator?
Once I have it I will try to fix it,

Any info or advice appreciated, I have looked over the forum a lot thanks for all the great work here

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Go to the service manual section in this forum. The chapter on engine control have most of the codes explained and the troubleshooting necessary step by step. In the PG section of the manual, it will show you specifically were all the connectors are and the multijunctions, so you can measure continuity and see that you dont have a shorted cable. The slip light is not "engine slip", it is from the traction control system. Do you have your brake or ABS light on with the slip and VDC lights on?? Did the shop that read the codes have access to the ABS codes or just engine codes? Some code readers only read engine codes and you will need the abs codes also. The VDC light can come on for multiple reasons, low brake fluid, low brake pads or rotors causing low brake fluid(along with the brake light on) or when it comes with an engine code it could be your camshaft/crankshaft sensors,also a short or open cable in the system or a bad ground. Some relays on the IDPM could also cause fault codes that are not real. In buying sensors, if you are not buying OEM then try Hitachi or Denso, which are the brands that actually manufacture the oem ones but you might get them cheaper. If your VDC module goes off completely, both your fans will start runnning at the highest setting all the time. This would point to an intermittent relay or fuse of the VDC and might have been setting your fans on high setting before. None of these sensors are difficult to replace. Regarding the overheating, did you properly took the air out of the cooling system? Did you check your oil for sludge evidence? Did you check your thermostat? Did you cleaned your maf sensor and put a new air filter? There is a relay in the IDPM for the throttle that might give some of these codes when is starting to go bad. You have to go step by step by the manual, do the proper troubleshooting, find any bad harness or module, fix, replace, then check codes again and repeat until the problem is properly fixed.Some of the modules can be had cheap at ebay. I found a VCS module for 11 dollars. If you need the replacement part number of the throttle relay and where to buy it PM me. Keep it simple and start by properly bleeding the air out of your system, checking your brakes and checking all the fuses and relays. When you find your problem let us know what it was.

And here about your knock sensor/harness:

https://g35driver.com/forums/general-te ... p0011.html

Skyline250GT
Car: Nissan Skyline 250GT 2003 Auto

I have been told its the same as an Infinity G35 and Nisan 350Z

Engine is the 280Bhp VQ35DE non rev up

Hey Thanks for the reply QCtech

Answers For your questions
Do you have your brake or ABS light on with the slip and VDC lights on??
No

Did the shop that read the codes have access to the ABS codes or just engine codes?
I thought it would show all codes the shop was using a Snapon solace ultra it looked like this
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=snap+ ... g7CpCA1h7M:
I had to break sharp a few times and they breaks seem ok, the car did come with calipers im unsure if they are old or new ill dig them out tomorrow.
Need to check up on how to test breaks and what to look for

did you properly took the air out of the cooling system?
I followed the instructions i found on youtube, i have to admit ive only just learned of this bleeder screw! :( what i did before was to open the radiator and fill, fill the reservoir around 3cm bellow the high line(can you confirm this is the hot high line or is it the cold?) i can send a pic if need be but i can only see one marking for high. when the cars hot it now sits on that high line (hope i have enough coolant). Ok so I squeeze the hoses and get as much coolant into the radiator, switch the car on for 15 mins rev upto 3000 watching the bubbles come out. i hope that wasn't too bad, with the new radiator i plan to use those bleeder screws, i hear you need to open them until water comes out then do similar to the above.

oil sludge
I watched it poor out seemed really dark and really thin, maybe cheap oil? looked like water to be honest, ive put the 5w30 mobile 3000 and plan to change it again during the works to see if its still as bad

thermostat
decided to buy the mishimoto one its meant to come on early and be better for cooling, The fan staying on all the time is strange ive read it could be linked to the thermistat ill check the old one
and test it maybe someone wants a used stock one

airfilter
replaced with a nice lifetime k&n it was pretty bad

So on with the works

The crank sensor seems to have cleared the VCD and slip lights staying on, I will return to make sure the codes clear but the car now starts first time, previously it would tale 3 or 4 turns before it started but now after 1-2 its alive :)

The engine light is skill active

Ive made an order for the knock sensor and went with the knock sensor harness that comes along with the fuel rail harness too, seen as I have to replace this gaskets I decided to buy the plenum spacer that comes with the gaskets by motordyne £250

Also order in place for the air sensor AIT, for a newbie like me there was a lot of confusion over AIT MAF sensor im still kinda just hoping i got it right ive ordered the one that connects inside the air duct on the top of the engine £35

I decided after taking a good look at the old radiator to just bite the bullet, i want the car to run cool so ordered the mishimoto radiator + hoses + thermostat, hoping that puts an end to the cooling issues 25% discount was around £320

After reading and watching all the videos im thinking of doing the job myself for all the above just worry about getting all the torque correct.....any words of wisdom on that? ive seen the sequences for each part is it really vital ive seen some people just spread the tightening from corner to corner while some follow the exact number sequence, theirs 18 bolts!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8kbeCSlRDG4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cX4hUGVC5gg

I really hope once ive done the above i can take it in and the codes should be clear, ill then do a remap and hope to drive off into the sunset? or am i missing something :D

I really fallen in love wit this car, ill take some pictures and make a vlog of some of the steps of the above

Thanks again

QCtech
Car: 2003 Pathfinder LE

Pm sent. I think you changed your camshaft sensor not crankshaft????

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”