Beretta CX-r Storm 45 ACP CX4 $699 Delivered

Hiking, fishing, hunting, boating, biking, travel and recreation-related discussion forum
LongBeachCoupe
Car: 08 Altima Coupe (RIP Hurricane Sandy)
2005 Lexus RX

I dont know squat about guns, but i know most of you guys like em!I think this is a good deal..

http://www.budsgunshop.com/cat...36027

Looks straight out of a video game!

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

Fu*king spammer...

LongBeachCoupe
2005 Lexus RX

Datte take it easy man!I saw it on slickdealshttp://forums.slickdeals.net/s...50161

im not spamming anything!

mmm240
Car: 95 Nissan 240SX KADE-T
94 Toyota Pickup
91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
03 Toyota Matrix XR

Looks just like that gun outta that stupid xbox game.

Dattebayo
Car: 2004 Frontier Desert Runner

LongBeachCoupe wrote:Datte take it easy man!I saw it on slickdealshttp://forums.slickdeals.net/s...50161

LAWL!

I was totally joking, you h0m0.

Looks like plastic or something...

mmm240
Car: 95 Nissan 240SX KADE-T
94 Toyota Pickup
91 Mitsubishi Galant VR-4
03 Toyota Matrix XR

LongBeachCoupe wrote:Datte take it easy man!I saw it on slickdealshttp://forums.slickdeals.net/s...50161

Oh God, they are actually praising hi point

aris_unlimited
Car: 1998 Ford F150 4.6L 5 speed. Edge programmer, 2" lift, 35" tires.

For the money I would actually get a hi-point carbine in the caliber of your choice. I know they are not over $200 and you should have the same range/accuracy roughly.

JimmyMethod
Car: 97' 240SX SE

I don't get the whole pistol-caliber carbine thing.

What's the draw?

For $700 I could have a sick 98k with scope.

LongBeachCoupe
2005 Lexus RX

well slickdeals is a "SLICKDEAL" site... so they are always going to be "value buyers"... I know you guys know your weapons, although im not sure why lol...

These were the guns used in battlestar galactica i think.

LongBeachCoupe
2005 Lexus RX

aris_unlimited wrote:For the money I would actually get a hi-point carbine in the caliber of your choice. I know they are not over $200 and you should have the same range/accuracy roughly.
Whats it gonna look like though? I dont know guns, but i know videogames lol.

This thing looks sweet!

FirearmsTalk forums say hi-point is garbage..."Lifetime warranty? Just how much is your life worth? I would never trust a Hipoint, or Jennings, or Bryco or RG to work when my life is on the line. How good is the warranty when your survivors have to send it in for repairs?"

Axel Grungy
Car: 2001 G20 5spd

that thing is hideous!! give me a m14 with a scope

Tulsa_S-13
Car: 1991 SR 240sx

If I had that money I'd probably either spend it toward a PS90 or a GSG-5.

Mr1der
Car: It's still not a Nissan...

they're not bad carbines.

for the money they want however, I'd buy something in a real rifle caliber personally.

BUT...right now they're all fetching a premium if it has a pistol grip and take a magazine.

aris_unlimited
Car: 1998 Ford F150 4.6L 5 speed. Edge programmer, 2" lift, 35" tires.

LongBeachCoupe wrote:
Whats it gonna look like though? I dont know guns, but i know videogames lol.

This thing looks sweet!
The stock Hi-points look like this.

But for little money can look like this.

LongBeachCoupe wrote:FirearmsTalk forums say hi-point is garbage..."Lifetime warranty? Just how much is your life worth? I would never trust a Hipoint, or Jennings, or Bryco or RG to work when my life is on the line. How good is the warranty when your survivors have to send it in for repairs?"
Lol this obviously comes from someone with 1 of 2 mentalities. Someone that A. has never used or owned one. Or B. thinks that because they are cheap they must be junk.

Hi-points are very cheap guns for what they are. And the fact that they come with a lifetime warranty is icing on the cake so to speak. And for the most part they are very reliable guns. I have shot them and never had any issues with them. Of course you will not get outstanding accuracy from them for long ranges because they use pistol cartridges, which aren't meant to go long ranges accurately anyways. As for malfunctions. All guns will malfunction at one time or another. But I personally never had a problem with them and I know lots of others that also have had no problems.

And as for that guys retarded statement about "survivors sending in gun" I have never heard of a hi-point "blowing up" or anything like that. Especially if properly cared for.

blindsnyper
Car: 2007 versa

reminds me of this

VersaMG08
Car: '10 Mazda 3 s hatchback
'14 Nissan 370z

LMFAO!

Mr1der

I've heard mixed reviews on the Hi Points.

from actual owners.

with the ATI stock, they love them...BUT say overtime they start running into problems.

what's the main purpose you plan to use the gun for?

another issue would be to check into laws regarding them in your state/city as I'm pretty sure NY can get retarded with them.

Repo Man
Car: '15 RAM 1500, 4x4

aris_unlimited wrote:For the money I would actually get a hi-point carbine in the caliber of your choice. I know they are not over $200 and you should have the same range/accuracy roughly.
Are you really saying you think the Hi Point is comparable to a Beretta in terms of accuracy? If so, wow, just wow.
JimmyMethod wrote:I don't get the whole pistol-caliber carbine thing.

What's the draw?

For $700 I could have a sick 98k with scope.
You're comparing apples to oranges Jimmy. A pistol caliber carbine is easier to shoot with it's longer sight radius than a pistol. It also increases the power of the cartridge by virtue of it's longer barrel. The longer barrel increases velocity, thus greater power.

Also, you do not have the danger of over penetration as you would with an actual rifle. There is also the danger of killing someone in the next county inadvertently with a rifle due to it's much greater range.

This is just scratching the surface, but I'm going to bed.

E7-S14
Car: ess 14 foo!

I want the machine guns from Stargate Atlantis.( if anyone watches)but there pretty bad ***..

as you can tell. i know jack squat about guns.but i do wish to own a rifle sometime in my life.. to practice my aim.

JimmyMethod

Repo Man wrote:You're comparing apples to oranges Jimmy. A pistol caliber carbine is easier to shoot with it's longer sight radius than a pistol. It also increases the power of the cartridge by virtue of it's longer barrel. The longer barrel increases velocity, thus greater power.
I understand that with a pistol/carbine you'll get more power/accuracy for the cartridge, but what exactly would you be using it for? What situation is this going to be anything but a poor facsimile of the ideal.Target practice with a rifle-type weapon? Use a 22.
Google wrote: No results found for "over penatrating with a 22".
Pistols were created because of the need for a lightweight compact weapon, and the rounds used in them were created because an "effective" cartridge was impractical. This seems like the worst of both worlds. Bulky and underpowered.

marlin29311
Car: 2008 Infiniti G35x

E7-S14 wrote:I want the machine guns from Stargate Atlantis.( if anyone watches)but there pretty bad ***..

as you can tell. i know jack squat about guns.but i do wish to own a rifle sometime in my life.. to practice my aim.
P90.

Logan76
Car: Junk

I wouldnt mind owning something of that nature, I love the .45 acp caliber im glad that didnt make it in 9mm or something smaller.

s13gebala
Car: 99 maxima , 91 sr hatch

that gun looks like complete ****.

Nismo_Freak
Car: 89 240SX

JimmyMethod wrote:I understand that with a pistol/carbine you'll get more power/accuracy for the cartridge, but what exactly would you be using it for? What situation is this going to be anything but a poor facsimile of the ideal.Target practice with a rifle-type weapon? Use a 22. Pistols were created because of the need for a lightweight compact weapon, and the rounds used in them were created because an "effective" cartridge was impractical. This seems like the worst of both worlds. Bulky and underpowered.
Ever hear of an MP5?

You can place all 30 rounds in a fist sized group in a target 10 - 15 yards away with a single pull of the trigger. There is virtually no recoil unlike rifles, 1/4th the noise, and the option of effective suppression. All bundled in a small, lightweight, and effective tactical solution.

Mr1der

it's all about application.

you don't go offroading with a LeCar

the enviroment said gun is gonna be deployed in also plays a factor.

rifles in dry wall don't mix very well...pistol calibers aren't much better...but it's better.

they were once popular with police departments as some of the rifles would accept the same mag the sidearm had too but since the North Hollywood shootout...more and more have issued .223 or bigger to be kept in the patrol car's trunk.

JimmyMethod

Nismo_Freak wrote:
Ever hear of an MP5?

You can place all 30 rounds in a fist sized group in a target 10 - 15 yards away with a single pull of the trigger. There is virtually no recoil unlike rifles, 1/4th the noise, and the option of effective suppression. All bundled in a small, lightweight, and effective tactical solution.
Yeah, but we aren't talking about an SMG. I understand the niche that SMGs fill.

Mr1der

some of it also falls on the Cowboy rifle concept.

carry a rifle in the same caliber as your pistol.

.45LC lever rifles are very popular....

bobotech

Jumping in here a little late.

Don't scoff at Hipoints. The pistols are clunky, ugly, heavy, and RELIABLE just so long you don't limp-wrist them. They do NOT fall apart like Bryco/Jennings/Jimmienz/RG/etc. They are in a class by them selves. That class is a cheap working gun that doesn't break down.

The pistols are pretty accurate too due to the fact that they don't used the Browning style locked breech (which tilts the barrel affecting accuracy) but rather are straight blow back so the barrel is always immovable.

The carbines get almost always rave reviews. Very few have problems (some of the hipoint guys have had issues with the ATI stock but I have never had a problem).

I am looking forward to getting a 45 carbine if they are ever released.

As for pistol caliber carbines, I shoot at an indoor range. Indoor ranges quite often only allow pistol calibers so I can shoot my carbines there and have fun with rifles.

Plus pistol ammo is much cheaper than rifle ammo and reloading pistol ammo is quite a bit easier. I can churn out about 200-300 rounds of 45 an hour whereas it takes a lot longer to load up 308 or 223.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

marlin29311 wrote:
P90.

Effin 'eh I love P90s. One of these days I will own one.

The Stargate props department did one thing I really love for slinging that weapon. They designed it on a chausser strap.

Given the nature of the P90's use, I like having it strapped on like that instead of having a 2 point sling. I've used 2 point slings on P90s, and without special adapters to go over the flash hider, it's next to impossible to get a 2 point sling to work with it.

sci2000tech
Car: s13.5 RB20DET 'Vert

I use to own a Hipoint. I never once had an issue with it, but I wouldn't buy another one simply because I can afford a Springfield/Colt/Sig...

They are big and ugly. I didn't personally care for the ergonomics of the gun, but it never failed to fire for me.

+1 P(S)90. I love mine and have it as my go to gun for home defense. I feel MUCH more comfortable with my shot placement/follow up shots from my PS90 over my XD40, or any of my other guns for that matter...

Combine with a red dot sight, factory laser, and a surefire, I would trust my life to my PS90 in any close quarters situation.

/how much I love my PS90

Return to “The Great Outdoors”