Being a registered exporter from Japan...need help!

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
evotomo
Car: S15 Silvia Spec R
Mitsubishi Outlander

Hi guys. I actually haven't been on here for a very long time after I moved back to Tokyo in 2008. Anyway. I am actually a registered exporter based in Yokohama and I mainly export new/used cars to Southeast Asia and the UK. Now that many of the great old Japanese cars that are over 25 + yrs are revolving around the market, I was thinking of starting to export JDM cars into the states.

I was wondering if any of you guys out here know any RI (registered importers) or any legit dealers in the states who import 25 + yrs old cars from Japan. Any information will be much appreciated. Thanks! :)

kabob
Car: 1990 Skyline GTR R32

You don't need a registered importer to import a 25-year-old vehicle since it's now NHTSA/DOT and EPA exempt. The main importers I'm seeing that don't handle their own exporting are International Vehicle Importers out of California and maybe Japanese Classics, LLC out of Virginia.

evotomo
Mitsubishi Outlander

Hi kabob,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah thats what I thought since I wasn't able to find out any dealers who were importing. I do send out about 10+ cars/month to Washington but hes like a private dealer so I was just wondering if there were anyone else like a dealer who were interested in moving in more units.

Anyone else reading this, feel free to msg me if you or anyone else is interested in importing cars 25+ yrs from japan! we do ship to Washington, Long Beach, Galveston-Texas and Miami!

marucus1
Car: Skyline

evotomo wrote:Hi kabob,

Thank you for the reply. Yeah thats what I thought since I wasn't able to find out any dealers who were importing. I do send out about 10+ cars/month to Washington but hes like a private dealer so I was just wondering if there were anyone else like a dealer who were interested in moving in more units.

Anyone else reading this, feel free to msg me if you or anyone else is interested in importing cars 25+ yrs from japan! we do ship to Washington, Long Beach, Galveston-Texas and Miami!
I'm interested in jdm cars
Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Last edited by Rogue One on Sun Feb 08, 2015 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Delete duplicate post

evotomo
Mitsubishi Outlander

marucus1 wrote:
evotomo wrote:Hi kabob,

I'm interested in jdm cars
Please email me at [email protected]
Thanks
Hi Marcus,

tried sending a message but it bounced back. can you check your email again or contact me directly at [email protected]?

thanks!

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Quick heads-up, Tomo: If you're looking for someone to partner up in your business venture, I'm thinking LinkedIn or some of the other international business development sites might be more appropriate.

If you're seeking to arrange importation for individuals who might frequent this forum, I'd remind you of the Terms of Service and have you take a peek at the following: http://www.nicoclub.com/advertise

Thanks!

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”