Battlefield 3

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
RCA

Beta for XBL and PS3 is 1.3GBs.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

^Close enough (troll face)

Warped161
Car: 90 s13 the never ending project

it looks like the beta is over, they closed the battlelog beta site as well. Also EA announced today a Hi Res texture pack that you can install to your hdd on consoles to bring them up to par with the pc version.

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q7GVSx7y ... r_embedded[/youtube]

Only a few more days!

SBC 240Z

That trailer just made me wish I had pre-ordered that too :(

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

can't wait...this is going to be so awesome!! I'm looking forward to the co-op

Warped161
Car: 90 s13 the never ending project

dam im off the day before it comes out and have to be in at 5pm the day it launches. i may be late to work.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

The game is live! Post up your GT, PSN, Origin ID. Let's get some NICO Pwnage going.

Soldier name is Kobushi (PC)

snwbrdr435
Car: 85 VW Westfalia, CBR F4i, SV650s, 1988 Honda Hawk(race)

good luck

s0m3th1ngAZ
Car: 96' Miata
2014 Focus ST

It's pretty damn intense...though it's more like Bad Company 3 than it is a sequel to BF2. Though I haven't played any vehicle heavy map yet to be sure. Worth the money for sure.
My Origin ID is s0m3th1ngaz

alms24sebring

Ok so Im waiting to hear all the reviews of what people think. Whats good whats bad. I really kind of want this game still. I see good things so far.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/so ... 174938730/

Conquest is kicking my @ss. HORRIBLE accuracy.

Scorched, popped you some friend invites.

Alms, the multi is good. Everyone seems to be giving it near perfect scores. And aside from a few balancing issues, I have to agree. Single player is pretty mediocre. Dee was watching me play the F/A-18 segment. She was bitching about all the unsat stuff being represented on the Bush while I complained about the RIO doing things like controlling the plane's gun.

alms24sebring

Yeah I asked ThatguyRoger and he said the same thing. To me, campaign has to be as good as multiplayer.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Single player has it's moments too though...actually a lot of them. It's honestly the best FPS I've played in a LONG time.

hitbychance
Car: 2008 350z
2008 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4 5.7L hemi

imho online is better for the sole reason of campaign being so short, i beat the game in like 3 hours and 15 mins

orangeNblue

the campaign is too short, otherwise it would've have been awesome. I really enjoyed it, but it ended way too quick. A good co-op would've made up for it a little but I really haven't like the co-op very much either. For me, I think the game looks great but I really don't care for it. The controls blow! I've played multiplayer, but all it's doing is making me miss COD...

SBC 240Z

After seeing all the trailers I traded in a couple games I haven't been playing so I could give it a go, definitely not COD, to say I'm dying a lot would be an understatement. Am not use to this game at all so I'm just playing the campaign for now to get the feel.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Hint...bullets drop over distance in this game. Exception being slugs for some reason.

Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

If you beat the whole campaign in 3 hours you must have had it on easy, I'm playing it on Normal and I still haven't gotten through the whole SP campaign, then again I'm actually taking in the whole campaign story and watching all the cut scenes. I haven't even put in the MP/Coop disk except to install the HD component.

SBC 240Z

I'm playing the campaign on normal but I have got to ask, is it me or is this game just plain hard? It seems like I'm constantly dying over stupid s***, I've got 40 friendlies around me but as soon as I stick my head up to take a shot I get killed. There have been a few parts where I died repeated for the same reason, as soon as I come out behind cover I take one hit and die. However if I sit back and do nothing at all and just wait eventually the friendlies will do all of the hard work but if I try to participate in any given firefight it seems like all enemy fire is concentrated in my general direction. It's almost as bad as that operation flashpoint game.

I'd hate to dumb it down to easy but jesus christ man it's kind of sucking the fun out, might just go to the online play.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

If you think the campaign is hard then you have a world of hurt coming from online play. f*** are ruthless. And I'm a lvl 43 in BC2.

Chaotic_Warlord

SBC 240Z wrote:I'm playing the campaign on normal but I have got to ask, is it me or is this game just plain hard? It seems like I'm constantly dying over stupid s***, I've got 40 friendlies around me but as soon as I stick my head up to take a shot I get killed. There have been a few parts where I died repeated for the same reason, as soon as I come out behind cover I take one hit and die. However if I sit back and do nothing at all and just wait eventually the friendlies will do all of the hard work but if I try to participate in any given firefight it seems like all enemy fire is concentrated in my general direction. It's almost as bad as that operation flashpoint game.

I'd hate to dumb it down to easy but jesus christ man it's kind of sucking the fun out, might just go to the online play.
I just finished the SP campaign this afternoon on Normal and I can relate. The only levels I didn't die a s*** ton on were the fighter jet level and the tank level. I have to say that the story for the game if freakin' awesome. I liked the ending and the Co-Op missions are damn near impossible, they're like spec ops on PCP.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Anyone up for some PC co-op? I'm curious as to how good it is.

Chaotic_Warlord

ScorchedNX2K wrote:Anyone up for some PC co-op? I'm curious as to how good it is.
The PC MP servers are the most unreliable of the bunch from what the reviews are saying... Apparently Origin is an Epic fail.

s0m3th1ngAZ
2014 Focus ST

Yeah it varies wildly on stability. I can go hours without getting dropped or can't play through a single round at times. It's meh...but I'm willing to waiyt for them to fix it because it's such a good game.

orangeNblue

I agree on the Co-op being impossible....I dumbed it down to easy and still can't just run through them....I swear someone as EA doesn't know difficulty ratings for s**t....

This coming from someone who usually plays games on their hardest difficulty. I beat the game on Normal fairly easily but have been getting demolished on co-op.

SBC 240Z

I'm glad I'm not the only one out there. I played a little of BC and BC2 and I don't remember them being like this at all. I agree with you CW, the jet and tank missions are the only two so far I was able to breeze through. Right now I'm at the part where you crash Al-Bashir's SUV but as soon as we secure him and go to move out I die immediately no matter what position I take. I'm starting to wish I just hung on to the games I traded in for this.

Also, are the sound effects not as good as they use to be? I remember in BC2 the gun shots sounding 100% realistic

Chaotic_Warlord

SBC 240Z wrote:I'm glad I'm not the only one out there. I played a little of BC and BC2 and I don't remember them being like this at all. I agree with you CW, the jet and tank missions are the only two so far I was able to breeze through. Right now I'm at the part where you crash Al-Bashir's SUV but as soon as we secure him and go to move out I die immediately no matter what position I take. I'm starting to wish I just hung on to the games I traded in for this.

Also, are the sound effects not as good as they use to be? I remember in BC2 the gun shots sounding 100% realistic

It took me like 10 tries to make Al-Bashir crash his SUV, once you secure him and move on to the next mission it just gets harder from there. The next mission will have you wanting to throw your controller at the TV.

I tried out the MP and co-op for a bit but put it away to go back to Forza 4, may try to run through the SP on Hard to get the last few achievements that I missed.

SBC 240Z

The Walking Dead is about to be on and I just got home from the state fair so I won't be going at it again tonight, I'm hoping I can change the difficulty to easy mid-campaign. I think I'm starting to get a good enough feel for the controls to go online. I have no expectations of doing well since I know this is the complete opposite spectrum of gaming compared to COD.

Chaotic_Warlord

Walking Dead is the shiznit.

Return to “Gaming”