Battlefield 3

PC, Game console and Online gaming discussion forum
Chaotic_Warlord
Car: Black 5 speed Swapped 1995 240sx

Any real word yet on when the Beta invites will start going out? I know the Beta starts in September, but that's only 2 1/2 weeks away until Sept. 1, so the invites need should be coming to us soon right?

Complete weapons list for the game was released 8/16/11 it is as follows

http://bf3blog.com/2011/08/complete-lis ... 3-weapons/

"With the Gamescom multiplayer trailer, and EA press event, DICE has released a list of all the weapons and equipment that will be available in Battlefield 3. Among other things, it is confirmed that portable anti-air launchers will be available, as well as claymore mines. Without further ado, here is the full list of official, confirmed Battlefield 3 weapons:
Assault rifles

M16A4
M416
G3
Ak74M
AN94
KH2002
AEK971
F2000
ASVAL

Carbines

M4A1
G36C
AKS74U
SCAR H
A-91
SG553LB

Light machine guns

M249
M60
M27 IAR
M240
RPK
Pecheneg
Type88

Sniper rifles

MK11
SVD
SV98
M98B
M40A5
M82A3
M39
SKS

Sub Machine guns

P90
P90TR
MP7
UMP-45
PDR
PP2000

Shotguns

870 MCS
M1014
USAS-12
Saiga 20K
DAO-12

Rocket launchers

AT4
SMAW
RPG-7
Javelin
FIM-92 Stinger
SA-18 IGLA

Pistols

M9
M93R
MP443
MP412
Glock 17
Glock 18
M1911
T44

Misc

M67 Hand grenades
M18 Smoke grenades
C4 explosives
M15 Anti tank mine
Claymore mine
60MM Mortar
M320 40mm launcher with grenades/smoke/shotgun
M26 MASS with shotgun/Flechettes/frag round/solid slugs"

Chaotic_Warlord

Beta date has been officially released, Sept. 29th. Don't know if this is the closed or open beta, either I'll be there.

alms24sebring
Car: '97 Nissan 240sx. First Nissan. First love. Sold.
'04 Nissan Sentra SER SpecV

This game looks pretty awesome

Hijacker
Car: '92 240sx Convertible
'94 F-150

Chaotic_Warlord wrote:Beta date has been officially released, Sept. 29th. Don't know if this is the closed or open beta, either I'll be there.
Open. It's going to be Operation Metro on Rush mode. The same as alpha. I'm interested to see if they fixed a lot of issues I saw during the alpha, such as issues with squad spawning, and the total dominance of the G36C.

Also, full destruction should be turned on for this as well as having the full graphical capabilities of the engine. The alpha had a lot of that turned off or down since it was more about checking server structure and back end support.

alms24sebring

I CANNOT forget to dl that on the 29th

Hijacker
'94 F-150

We should all do some origin profile linking so we can get some NICO related games up and running

Chaotic_Warlord

Sept 29th - October 10th is the Open Beta, Closed starts Sept. 27th. I'm actually disapointed that Dice and EA waited this long to release the Beta. The end date is the day before release, so any bugs or glitches we find won't make it onto the original release, hopefully they take any and all feedback from the Beta and release a patch ASAP. This was the same mistake that EA made with MOH and look how well that turned out, you're lucky to even get a game going because the classes and ranks were severely flawed and the M14 was way more powerful than it needed to be. Not to mention the patches they did release for it were garbage.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cDV3plE0o_s[/youtube]
New trailer up. Not a fan of the tag line as it's retardedly inflammatory.

As for the beta cycle, DICE did this with Bad Company 2. It ran a late beta, but the game shipped with minimal bugs. The imbalanced issues were more from not allowing the beta community access to higher ranked weapons. That's why issues like the M60 being a bit OP were issues early on. These types of Betas and Alphas aren't really designed to test the games for bugs and balancing issues, they're stress tests on the servers. To see if the backend will handle a decent sized traffic load. The idea of this early beta is probably just a way to stagger the incoming waves of beta testers to ease the servers into use. And a veiled attempt to boost sails for EA properties.

dasoupdude
Car: 2005 Z

New video comparison side by side

PC vs PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420

beat.

Chaotic_Warlord

No servers available for us early access people, total weak sauce. MOH Beta all over again.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

Yeah....so I guess the beta vids being posted, and the articles being written are all being done on magical non-beta servers?

Chaotic_Warlord

I tried for a solid 30 minutes tonight to get into a game only to be told that the EA servers have disconnected an easy 15 times.

Chaotic_Warlord

disreguard, servers work. Finally got into a match, graphics are meh at best and the map is glitchy as hell.

orangeNblue
Car: 2008 Nissan 350z

is it at least fun?? anything changed about the gameplay or do you think MW3 will still be the game to beat?

alms24sebring

So wait, the beta is out already? I thought the 29th (tomorow)

Some of my friends are swaring up and down on MW3 and calling BF trash. Watch, its ganna be nothin but MW2.5.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

dasoupdude wrote:New video comparison side by side

PC vs PS3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AGbo50Ar420

beat.
Man...I know the PS3 isn't great with anti-aliasing, but that's just sad.

BusyBadger
Car: '92 240SX, '05 350Z, '13 Juke

alms24sebring wrote:So wait, the beta is out already? I thought the 29th (tomorow)
Gamers that bought LE of the latest MoH got early access to the beta. The 29th is D-Day for everyone else.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

BTW, the open beta is officially live right now. The EA store is being a bit overtaxed, but I imagine it'll settle mid-day, although once everyone gets home from work, the servers will probably blow up. Again.

If you want to add me on Battlelog, my soldier's name is Kobushi

alms24sebring

Right, I tried last night at like 1am, found it, but it said the app wasnt available in my account. wtf does that mean. I havent tried yet now that Ive got home but I will shortly.

BTW, where in PS store do I find any and all Beta's? I had to search BF3 to find it.

Warped161
Car: 90 s13 the never ending project

i found it on the whats new orange square thing, on the ps3 xmb. dl it now.

alms24sebring

Ohhh. Yeah I searched it and Im dl'ing it now. 50% left. Im so excited!

Edit: Ok so, I really hope the actual game isnt this freakin glitchy and blocky. If thats the case I will just pass on losing $62.99.

gearhead05
Car: 2008 Nissan Altima Coupe 3.5 SE

alms24sebring wrote:Ohhh. Yeah I searched it and Im dl'ing it now. 50% left. Im so excited!

Edit: Ok so, I really hope the actual game isnt this freakin glitchy and blocky. If thats the case I will just pass on losing $62.99.
I'm pretty sure that's just because it's a beta and the servers are getting pounded by everyone getting on all at once. The two previous Bad Company games were well made so I have faith that the final product for this game will be much better.

Chaotic_Warlord

I haven't played since the Beta went live for everyone, but even when it was closed the graphics were horrible, you could craw under the map and the weapons are way over powered especially the pistols. I understand its a Beta and all but at this point in the game it should be server testing and not glitch or bug finding, with only a couple weeks away from Gold status the number of bugs and glitches everyone is finding is rediculous.

Hijacker
'94 F-150

Just an FYI, the build that's currently up on the beta servers is not the release build.

http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/de ... 985321517/

We're not testing the game for bugs and glitches. This is merely stress testing for the master servers and how they'll connect with GSPs to update stats, etc. It also helps stress test battlelog.

And CW, I still don't understand why you keep harping on the graphics. Even the 360 version looks better than the competition currently on the market. If you're that concerned about the graphics, get off the couch and in a computer chair. The final build has full graphical options enabled. The beta is pared down quite a bit, probably to ease download rates. Just for perspective's sake, the PC version requires a 20 gig install, but the OB is 4 gigs. Now, you can argue that all the art assets aren't in since we only have one map. I counter that point with the fact that Caspian Border was available for a few days, so more than just Metro's art assets are in this install. So with an install that is 1/5th the size of retail, I think it's safe to say that graphical fidelity was sacrificed to a degree. I do remember someone linking me an article a few days ago about DICE saying that the graphics were toned down a bit for the beta.

Chaotic_Warlord

I really don't like PC gaming, even with the use of a 360 controller it's still to much of a PITA, plus PC's are open to a hell of a lot more cheats, hacks and glitches. Considering that I don't invest a large chunk of my game time to only one game, MP is hard enough on the consoles bc while I'm working a 10 - 12 hour day, people who are laid off and kids are using those hours to rank up, so dealing with that plus cheaters, hackers, and glitchers doesn't sound that appealing to me. I'll stick to my 360 thanks, and I don't have a couch, I have a computet chair

Hijacker
'94 F-150

The consoles are just as susceptible to hacking as the PC. Just take a look back at MW2. The PC took center stage only because Infinity Ward kept boasting that IWnet was supposed to curtail hacking, etc and was hacked day 1 with client side changes that were undetectable by VAC.

I'll concede to preference for console gaming over PC gaming, but I will disagree with you on the PC community being full of hackers. Since the release of BC2, I have encountered 0 hackers. But then again, that's because I choose quality servers with active admin staff.

And just out of curiosity, what's the big PITA with a mouse and keyboard? Precision aiming, and customizable key layout is a bad thing? The default mappings for most games using WASD movement layouts are generally pretty intuitive and well laid out. If you say it's issues with drivers and compatibility, I might cry a bit because when I see people throwing that excuse out, it's because they own proprietary rigs like Sony Vaios, etc.

Chaotic_Warlord

I have a laptop not a desktop, I tried playing battlefield heroes on it using just the keyboard and the onboard mouse and couldn't do it. I used to play PC games back in the day when I had a desktop but was never very good with the whole mouse and keyboard thing, and the controllers at tbe time were based on the PS 2 controller and couldn't handle all the controls.

I prefer the console because the controller is instinctual for me and the gameplay is always smooth, I hate playing a game on PC and having to deal with lag bc a random program in the background decides to become active, and frankly I don't have the funds to build a dedicated gaming rig, not that I would anyway, my pc is for surfingthe internet and downloading music with the occasional MS word doc or PDF file, the gf uses it for printing pictures and playing playing FB games.

MinisterofDOOM
Car: 1962 Corvair Monza
1961 Corvair Lakewood
1997 Pathfinder XE
2005 Lincoln LS8
Former:
1995 Q45t
1993 Maxima GXE
1995 Ranger XL 2.3
1984 Coupe DeVille

Battlefield Heroes is an abomination. Judging PC gaming by it is like judging all automobiles by the Ford Tempo.

alms24sebring

Personally Ive never liked PC versions either. I feel like a controller is simpler by using 4 fingers instead of 2 hands. Ive always had troublew with the WASD setup. I cant react quick enough and moving the mouse and clicking annoys me. But hey, thats just me.

I hope the final product is 1000x better then the beta. Its definantly 1999 graphics, not that that makes a better game, but its horrible to look at, not to mention all the bugs and glitches. Now that I understand why the beta is as crappy as it is, it makes sense. But at the same time, I think they risked losing some of the audience new to the game like myself. I feel like Im more cautous about it and am afraid of getting a bad game. And btw, the PS3 beta was something like 1.1 gigs I think and took only 35 mins to dl and install. People need to learn the value of patience.

Chaotic_Warlord

alms24sebring wrote:Personally Ive never liked PC versions either. I feel like a controller is simpler by using 4 fingers instead of 2 hands. Ive always had troublew with the WASD setup. I cant react quick enough and moving the mouse and clicking annoys me. But hey, thats just me.

I hope the final product is 1000x better then the beta. Its definantly 1999 graphics, not that that makes a better game, but its horrible to look at, not to mention all the bugs and glitches. Now that I understand why the beta is as crappy as it is, it makes sense. But at the same time, I think they risked losing some of the audience new to the game like myself. I feel like Im more cautous about it and am afraid of getting a bad game. And btw, the PS3 beta was something like 1.1 gigs I think and took only 35 mins to dl and install. People need to learn the value of patience.
:werd:

The beta for the 360 was like 2.7Gigs, and all we got was Operation Metro, whereas the dl size for the PC was about the same but has Metro AND Caspian Sea, which I personally think is a rip off for us console owners, I'd much rather play capture the flag map with vehicles than the rush map with no vehicles. Plus I love how I can dispense half a mag of well aimed RPK rounds into a dudes head and torso only to be killed by the same dude with a single shot from an M9 through a brick wall. People eat shots like pac man eats pellets. The pistols are WAAAYYY overpowered

Return to “Gaming”