Battery Tie Down Corroding

General discussion area for the L32-chassis Altima
780alti
Car: 2010 Nissan Altima 3.5SR

Was wondering if anyone else has this problem with the oem battery tie down. Car is about 2.5 years old and with original battery. I think i noticed some corrosion about a year ago. Didn't realize that it had gotten so bad now. I have a stillen battery tie down but i don't want to install it in case it happens again, so should i just replace the battery as well?

el_blacky06
Car: 2007 Nissan Altima Sedan 2.5s 6MT

Yup, mine is actually worst than yours lol not sure why it happened tho

Mr. Music
Car: 2008 Altima Coupe 2.5S CVT w/ Convenience Package
In the family: '02 S15 Spec R, '09 Rogue

That happened to mine too. Between the very thin factory paint on the piece and it being right on the battery, I can't say that I'm surprised that it happens. I was surprise to find that the metal had started pitting though. I hit it with a wire brush, steel wool, paint thinner, and a couple coats of rattle-can engine enamel - it has held up well over the last year and a half or so.

sprocketser
Car: 05 Sheer Silver A/T SE R Altima , EBC Ft RedStuff Pads PU / Wix Filter , RP Max ATF , Motul Brake Fluids , Mobil psf .

To the op , pour some electric grease also on your terminals , will keep the corrosion off them .

t.mcginley.jr
Car: 2002 Altima 3.5SE
1990 300zx NA 2+0
1966 Mustang

This happens to most cars over time... just the result of having lead-acid batteries. You can either take it off, clean it real good with a wire brush and repaint it with some Rustoleum, or get a new one somewhere.

Return to “4th Generation Altima Sedan (2007-2012)”