battery maintenance

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
mazz
Car: 2013 M37x Advance, Tech Touring and Premium, Black with Stone Interior

i have 2013 m37x that I don't drive much especially in summer . Have you seen or used a harness wired to car or battery that i can just clip to a trickle charger. Garage space a little tight and i don't want the hood open all summer. My Harley has a dedicated plug coming out from under the seat that i can just connect to the tender during the winter looking for something similar for car.
thanks
Mazz

mikedamageinc
Car: 2012 M37x Touring
1999 Camaro SS
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
2008 Yukon Denali

Probably the easiest is to get an extra set of jumper cables, good 4 gauge, clip off the clamps and crimp on an Anderson connector that mounts to the grill on one side, mount the other side to the battery terminals. Keep a good rubber cap on it for when it is not plugged in.

BlackCat81
Car: 2006 M35x
2003 Lexus GX470

mikedamageinc wrote:Probably the easiest is to get an extra set of jumper cables, good 4 gauge, clip off the clamps and crimp on an Anderson connector that mounts to the grill on one side, mount the other side to the battery terminals. Keep a good rubber cap on it for when it is not plugged in.
Or just get a trickle charger on Amazon for $25 which would be WAY easier than that. I have them on all my cars. I don't drive my Lexus in the winter and it sat on a battery tender junior and it started right up this spring.

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I have a 1968 Fleetwood that I rarely drive. It sits in my garage and I use a gizmo that doesn't just trickle charge, but actually gives it exercise to keep it in perfect condition. It's great for any vehicle or toy that sits for long periods of time. I also have one on both of my wave runners. They have never failed to start up on the first try. You don't need to leave the hood open. Just run the power cord out through the grille area and over to the wall.
http://www.griotsgarage.com/product/mic ... rom=Search
They also make battery 'managers' that are a little less expensive (with less features).

mikedamageinc
Car: 2012 M37x Touring
1999 Camaro SS
1997 Toyota Land Cruiser
2008 Yukon Denali

BlackCat81 wrote:Or just get a trickle charger on Amazon for $25 which would be WAY easier than that. I have them on all my cars. I don't drive my Lexus in the winter and it sat on a battery tender junior and it started right up this spring.
He said he didn't want to pop the hood, and a connector through the grill makes for an easy plug in.

BlackCat81
2003 Lexus GX470

mikedamageinc wrote:
BlackCat81 wrote:Or just get a trickle charger on Amazon for $25 which would be WAY easier than that. I have them on all my cars. I don't drive my Lexus in the winter and it sat on a battery tender junior and it started right up this spring.
He said he didn't want to pop the hood, and a connector through the grill makes for an easy plug in.
My truck is in the garage right now on a trickle charger with the hood closed. They have a pretty long cord.

Ilya
Car: 2011 M56x but I spend a lot of time on my 2015 Kawasaki Vulcan S. Former owner of a 2007 M35x. Also take care of my wife's 2016 QX60.

Yes, agreed with BlackCat. Their cord is long. I use the same one he has for my sport bike.

M37owner
Car: 2011 M37

You don't want just a trickle charger. That will over charge the battery over time. I use the "BatteryMinder" on my antique truck (where I also use the AGM battery type). http://www.batteryminders.com/batterymi ... ide-usage/ The link is to a newer model than I have. This company has a good reputation.

It has a nice weather-proof quick connect that (in my case) I have routed to come out in the wheelwell.

firedog68
Car: Infiniti M37s

M37owner wrote:You don't want just a trickle charger. That will over charge the battery over time. I use the "BatteryMinder" on my antique truck (where I also use the AGM battery type). http://www.batteryminders.com/batterymi ... ide-usage/ The link is to a newer model than I have. This company has a good reputation.

It has a nice weather-proof quick connect that (in my case) I have routed to come out in the wheelwell.
Yes this is a great product and can be bought through Amazon for less money. I have had issues lately with my battery as I went 2 weeks without driving my M and the battery was dead. Bought this and has worked great. No more issues.

BlackCat81
2003 Lexus GX470

M37owner wrote:You don't want just a trickle charger. That will over charge the battery over time. I use the "BatteryMinder" on my antique truck (where I also use the AGM battery type). http://www.batteryminders.com/batterymi ... ide-usage/ The link is to a newer model than I have. This company has a good reputation.

You'd be hard pressed to find a tender now a days that isn't intelligent. The battery tender brand trickle chargers will not overcharge a battery. I have them on all my toys.

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”