battery location????

Information on the naturally-aspirated KA24E and KA24DE engines.
lowpsi

what do you turbo guys do with the battery???I was trying to figuer out where to move it to, the trunk or keep it under the hood....need space for the I/C to intake pipe................Z

huguetpj
Car: 93 KAT Coupe

I don't have turbo yet... but when investigating for the upgrade I've found that you need to either move the battery to the trunk or buy a smaller size battery. Don't know exactly what they are called in English but they are less than have the size of the battery.

lowpsi

The one in my civic is about half the size..I'll have to make new tie downs I guess...thanks.....Z

george
Car: autocross

You dont have to move the battery for the intercooler piping, but if you were gonna i have seen it relocated in the trunk.

lowpsi

george wrote:You dont have to move the battery for the intercooler piping, but if you were gonna i have seen it relocated in the trunk.
If you dont move it then where does it run up thru??.......Z

george
Car: autocross

it runs up from the intercooler, which is hopefully attached up in the lower front area....check out the f-max website if you wanna see a picture. you really dont need to move the battery.

95_240sx
Car: My baby (car)

If you really feel the need to move your battery, stick it in your truck, the only thing it will do is help out your weight transfer when your really gettin on it.

Rick

Return to “KA24E / KA24DE Forum”