Axle question

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
desiguy

Hello All,
I change my tires every year from winter to summer and summer to winter and have always paid for it. I finally bought an car jack and it says that I need to lock into axle to jack the car.

Where is the best spot to lock into where I won't damage it. Any answers would be appreciated. :confused:

philipa_240sx

There are 4 places that Nissan recommends for jacking points:

1) Front suspension cross-member.
2) Rear suspension cross-member.
3) Pinch weld below the front door.
4) Pinch weld below the rear door.

Personally, I use the suspension cross member as a jack point then place jack stands under pinch weld locations. This allows me to jack up the entire front/rear of the car and change the tires on each side at once.

NOTE: NEVER rely solely on the jack to support the car. Use jack stands for safety!

desiguy

Thank you kindly. I looked under the car and I think that I found the points that you were talking. The rear one for sure and front I will see how the jack slides under. I have axle stands that I will pop in the pinch welds.

thx,

Pescakl1
Car: 2008 Iridium Graphite SL FWD Rogue

Desiguy,

You will see that you have to move the car jack well under the car to get to the points.

Because of that, you won't have a lot of movement on the hydraulic arm until the car start to get lifted.

From what I remember (I will know for sure in a few months when I will have to install winter tires), It is better to start by lifting the front first before the rear if you plan to lift the whole car (that is what I do to change the 4 tires at once) as the front point is the furthest underneath.

Be sure to be on a level ground to do that, especially if you lift the whole car.

Return to “Rogue Forum”