automatic drive positioner not working

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
ryanneal
Car: 1998 Q45

Has anyone had problems with the automatic drive positioner not working? I have a 1998 Q45 with 125k everything works perfectly except a couple of months ago my auto drive positioner quit functioning. The tilt and power seats work fine manually, but the automatically it does not function. The clock also resets everytime you turn the ignition on/off and there is a clicking sound when I press the brake pedal, this sound comes from the shifter (auto). All of this is started at exactly the same time so it is all tied together, and every once and a while it will start working again and the clock works and the clicking noise quits, but it will quit working again after 2 or 3 times killing and restarting the car. Any help?

franknitty69
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45a

if the clock is reset every time you exit the car, you may have a power issue. the clock, adp and transmission shift unlock are 3 separate functions that are all powered by the battery.

when you press the brake pedal you should hear the click of the transmission shifter being unlocked.

also adp will not work when:

shifter is in any other gear other than 'P'vehicle speed is about 7 km/hwhen memory 1 or memory 2 is pressedwhen cancel switch onwhen tilt/telescopic sensor circuit is damagedall data retained in memory are erased when battery is disconnected

^courtesy of FSM

q45j30guy
Car: 94Q45T and 96 J30

Try this...

1. Open the driver’s door (leave open)2. Turn the key to the Run position (do not turn car on)3. Turn the key all the way back off, but don't remove the key4. Close the door5. Wait about 1 minute6. Open the door, the memory function should work now.Good Luck

Q45JDM
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45a JDM spec

I have a somewhat similar problem with this.
ADP is not working
Both front seats do not work at all
Steering adjustment works only in tilt direction and only when the switch is in the OFF or LOCK position
Could it be the CB (Circuit Breaker)? If so, where is it located?
From the wiring diagrams it looks like they all have a common CB

Also sometimes the transmission refuses to unlock from the P position when the brake pedal is pressed. Could it be related with the inhibitor switch of the ADP?

I'm confused and desperate!

BadQ45t
Car: 21' Leaf SL Plus (wife's car)
05' X-Terra S 4x4
97' Q45t SOLD! Miss the old girl
84 300ZX (Original Owner)
2016 Mercedes Benz S550e V8 Power and 35 MPG

The original poster had a 98' you have a 92' completely different beasts. The 93 had fewer gremlins than the 90-92 but it has more than its share.

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”