auto door lock instructions - infiniti line up need your hel

Forum for Infiniti M35 and M45, and Nissan Fuga owners.
cruzad3r
Car: 2006 M35x fully loaded

so i was reading the forum few days ago and saw Eric post the instruction on how to get your door automatically lock . i'm trying to find the dam thread but seems futile. Eric can you post it again.

i remember vaguely about something turn on your ACC, hold the lock for 5 seconds, wait for some flashes...

can someone point me to that thread if you know/remember what i'm talking about. Thanks

Blastphemy
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56
2010 Infiniti FX50

cruzad3r wrote:so i was reading the forum few days ago and saw Eric post the instruction on how to get your door automatically lock . i'm trying to find the dam thread but seems futile. Eric can you post it again.

i remember vaguely about something turn on your ACC, hold the lock for 5 seconds, wait for some flashes...
It's a variant of page 3-5 of your user manual (assuming you have a 2011 M) that explains how to disable the automatic door unlocking system.

To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
2. Place the ignition switch in the ON position.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2, push and hold the power door lock switch to the LOCK position for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
- When the automatic door lock system is deactivated, the doors do not lock automatically at 15mph.

To deactivate or activate the automatic door unlock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2, push and hold the power door lock switch to the UNLOCK position for more than 5 seconds.
4. When activated, the hazard indicator will flash twice. When deactivated, the hazard indicator will flash once.
- When the automatic door unlock system is deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.

For both of the above procedures, the ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.

The lock and unlock systems can be set independently of each other.

Blastphemy
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56
2010 Infiniti FX50

Oops - infiniti_lineup already replied while I was typing the above. Sorry for the duplicate info...

cruzad3r

son of a chiken - my frikin 02 audi TT does this auto lock without any problem. sigh!

thanks folks

jhuerto23
Car: 2006 Infiniti M45

man, i got excited for nothing. I always wonder why they didn't add that feature with the 06n up M's

ctsedan
Car: 2006 M45 blk on blk. 1995 s14 Sr20DET.

Just get a KP module if you really need this feature!

cruzad3r

the point wasn't to add more aftermarket parts... i was very depress and unhappy with the M35 lacking this feature.

m4m
Car: 2009 M35S

cruzad3r wrote:the point wasn't to add more aftermarket parts... i was very depress and unhappy with the M35 lacking this feature.
At one point I was very depress and unhappy with inability… to cancel that feature. ;) Go figure! My door locks don't do anything now without me pressing the lock/unlock button manually! Not only did I not like the locking at 15 mph with a startling WHAP!, I also don't like the unlocking routine.

infiniti_lineup: Is there a way to programm a feature where all windows and sunroof can be closed holding the lock button of the remote. The feature is useful for those times when I inadvertently open the door before the windows/sunroof are not fully closed.

ctsedan
Car: 2006 M45 blk on blk. 1995 s14 Sr20DET.

cruzad3r wrote:the point wasn't to add more aftermarket parts... i was very depress and unhappy with the M35 lacking this feature.
Really, why?? Do you feel unsave without this?Depressed and unhappy are some strong words for something not very usefull at all imho. You rather pay the extra s*** load of $$$ to infiniti rather than have a Kp module for 29.99? Its the size of a pack of cigarettes and takes 30 min to install. Just saying.. :werd:

cruzad3r

ctsedan wrote:
Really, why?? Do you feel unsave without this?Depressed and unhappy are some strong words for something not very usefull at all imho. You rather pay the extra s*** load of $$$ to infiniti rather than have a Kp module for 29.99? Its the size of a pack of cigarettes and takes 30 min to install. Just saying.. :werd:

man LOL :rotfl

Tu Frank

Blastphemy wrote: It's a variant of page 3-5 of your user manual (assuming you have a 2011 M) that explains how to disable the automatic door unlocking system.

To deactivate or activate the automatic door lock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2, push and hold the power door lock switch to the LOCK position for more than 5 seconds.
- When the automatic door lock system is deactivated, the doors do not lock automatically at 15mph.

To deactivate or activate the automatic door unlock system, perform the following procedure:

1. Close all doors.
3. Within 20 seconds of performing Step 2, push and hold the power door lock switch to the UNLOCK position for more than 5 seconds.
- When the automatic door unlock system is deactivated, the doors do not unlock when the ignition switch is placed in the OFF position.

For both of the above procedures, the ignition switch must be placed in the OFF and ON position again between each setting change.

The lock and unlock systems can be set independently of each other.
I can confirm that this technique works for the 2011 G25 as well. Tu. :dblthumb:

WhoDey456
Car: 2006 M45 Sport

I am assuming this is not an option on the 06's?

maguzma
Car: 2008 M35 Loaded

I tried on my 08 and got the hazzard to blink twice but it did not work.

jhuerto23

ctsedan wrote:Just get a KP module if you really need this feature!
Has anybody done this to their 06-07 Ms?

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

I'd like to know this as well because I feel "unsave" in my car when the doors dont lock automatically... No really. The "unsave" is j/k with ctsedan... I think that almost every car I've owned does this, except for the Infiniti M (Y50)... It's not right for Infiniti to be so penny pincher, anyways. I have mentioned how my wife's 2003 Navigator has white led lighting on the gauge cluster, buttons, switches, etc. and my 06 M45 is ugly orange... WTF???

Will the aftermarket module open the locks when you put the transmission in park? That has to be the difference maker on this module for our cars, because Ive noticed that if you're driving and lock the doors then come to a stop and try to open the door you have to either depress the unlocking switch or manually unlock the door, THEN use the lever to open the door... whereas in other cars all you have to do is open the door with the lever like you would normally do OR do it twice, once to unlock the door and once to open the door.

avishal26
Car: 2014 Infiniti QX60 AWD White on Black Leather - Premium + Drivers Assist + Theatre Package / 2011 Chrysler 300C AWD Loaded / 2006 Infiniti M35x (SOLD) / 2008 Yamaha R1 Raven (SOLD)

^ I believe no Infiniti cars had auto door locks till maybe 2009 :tisk:

The 05 G35 doesn't have it, 07 FX doesn't have it either.

a.blanco0905
91 300zx TT
07 Kaw ZX6R

avishal26 wrote:^ I believe no Infiniti cars had auto door locks till maybe 2009 :tisk:

The 05 G35 doesn't have it, 07 FX doesn't have it either.
That's bugged out, especially when Nissan electronics are so much more advanced than many automakers... right?

antzrus
Car: '06 M35x Premium/Obsidian/Bourbon/
Rosewood/XM/Tint/
ClearBra/SteelSkidPlate/Genuine CoCo Mats/Michelin CrossClimate2/Nav Hack/M-1

Funny thing about this issue. For decades I never even knew there was such a thing as automatic door lockers/unlockers; we just normally locked the doors when driving and unlocked them getting out. Now that they are available it's like one can't live w/out them. The M's w/out them are sorely lacking, apparently. Go figure. :gotme

The00Dustin
Car: 2006 M45

My 93 Park Avenue doors locked and unlocked automatically! neener neener

Return to “Infiniti M35 and M45 Forum”