Authentic Napa filter?

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
g3508blk

I bought two Napa gold filters yesterday from two different places because the first store only had one in stock. When I got home and opened the boxes, one of them was orange instead of yellow. Just wondering if anyone has seen this before?

The yellow filter came in a normal Napa box. The orange one came in a brown box with Napa's upc label stuck on top of another. The plastic bag it came in and the original label had a part# 549362, which appears to be an old Wix number I think. The problem is it doesn't look like any of their other filters. I searched for pictures and it looks a Purolator?

Can anyone confirm if this is a real Napa gold filter or not? Thanks in advance.

g3508blk

Follow up:

I still haven't confirmed anything but I just looked at Napa's website, they have two filters similar to what I have in hand: an Altrom brand and Napa's own ProSelect filter. Both run around $8. I guess it could be a possibility someone (either employee or another customer) switched the gold to a lower grade filter.

Either way, I'm going to return it. When I called and spoke with them, the employee wasn't sure why it's different color but suggested it's because my car needs two, thus the reason they're different is so I can tell which one goes on the left or right side. I was thinking WTF? Now I know to never go there for car advice.

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”