Arizona must not want to host the Super Bowl

A place for intelligent and well-thought-out discussion involving politics and associated topics. No nonsense will be tolerated at all.
Bubba1
Car: 2003 Nissan 350z
2008 Acura TSX
2008 Toyota Corolla S
2001 Toyota Avalon XLS

Interesting story going on in AZHitman's home state of Arizona. Their state legislature just passed a bill that if signed into law by the gov, could allow AZ businesses to refuse service to gays based the business owners' religious beliefs.Their governor has not yet announced whether she'll sign or veto the controversial bill.

I'm guessing their governor will veto it due to potential negative economic consequences if she signs it . For example, the Super Bowl is scheduled to be played in Arizona next year. the NFL hinted they might yank the Super Bowl and all the tax revenue it generates...again... from Arizona if it becomes law. Back in '93, Arizona lost hosting a Super Bowl due to the Governor's (at the time) decision to rescind MLK Jr's birthday as a state holiday. Also Apple has talked about opening a major facility there, which could also go buh-bye.

Thoughts?

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

I think this gets too close to the subject of religion, and those topics are verboten. And while I have a dog in this fight, I think it would be best to table the subject.

Return to “Politics Etc.”