ANYONE WANNA HELP

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
bigbank_A
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Ok so i have to repaint my rear bumper and wanna know if anyone has a garage space and would like to help me i live in Manhattan so its kinda hard :gapteeth:

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

you want to do it on your own? why dont you just get it done? its going to cost you probably more in materials than if you just have a shop do it. it usually runs around $500 (out the door).

bigbank_A

ImStricken wrote:you want to do it on your own? why dont you just get it done? its going to cost you probably more in materials than if you just have a shop do it. it usually runs around $500 (out the door).
Yea that is true nissan gives me a 400$ deal for my bumper every time i go lol so ima pay them then lol
:inoutgay:

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbank_A wrote:
ImStricken wrote:you want to do it on your own? why dont you just get it done? its going to cost you probably more in materials than if you just have a shop do it. it usually runs around $500 (out the door).
Yea that is true nissan gives me a 400$ deal for my bumper every time i go lol so ima pay them then lol
:inoutgay:
do you need a new bumper cover? i can get those at a deep discount.

bigbank_A

bumper cover can i see a picture of one

my bumper just has paint chips and stuff from people parking behind me

DTASFAB

bigbank_A wrote:bumper cover can i see a picture of one

my bumper just has paint chips and stuff from people parking behind me
Sounds like you don't need a new one.

Colorado_Al
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD

Why don't you just use touch up paint? If it is scratched and likely to get scratched again, repainting the whole thing sounds like a waste of time and money to me.

bigbank_A

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

bigbank_A wrote:Image
you dont need a new one- but it would probably hold a repaint better(unless you fully strip this bumper down and sand it).

followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

OP, Ever heard of the Bumper Bully? I have one and I've been parking on NYC streets for almost 1.5 years with my car and I have zero damage to my rear bumper... But then again, I have never backed into a vehicle when parking... Be honest... Hve you?

bigbank_A

followingnfront wrote:OP, Ever heard of the Bumper Bully? I have one and I've been parking on NYC streets for almost 1.5 years with my car and I have zero damage to my rear bumper... But then again, I have never backed into a vehicle when parking... Be honest... Hve you?

nope not at all the crack on the top left was there i woke up with a note "saying sorry my jeep is strong"
:bs:
the rest was on the car when i got it there just like paint peels

followingnfront

Sorry my Jeep is strong? Wow that would piss me the f off! First of all he shouldn't be playing bumper cars with you in the first place... I hate it when New Yorkers Gage when to stop by actually hitting the other car and having it STOP them... If you ever see that Jeep again you should break his headlight and leave a note saying "sorry my baseball bat is strong"

Back to the topic. Why even fix it if you've had to do this before and you're more than likely going to have to do it again? This is the one time I'd advocate for those matte black rubberized protector trim piece things that someone else started a thread on a while back. That would look better than your bumper

followingnfront

bigbank_A

[quote="followingnfront"]anyone-else-see-these-t585446.html

This thing....[/q

lol every time i see a jeep around where i park i line up with it and look at there front bumper

but that covor does not look bad i think ill buy it and than plasti dip it a nice color

lne937s
Car: 2012 Nissan Juke SL AWD

followingnfront wrote:Sorry my Jeep is strong? Wow that would piss me the f off! First of all he shouldn't be playing bumper cars with you in the first place... I hate it when New Yorkers Gage when to stop by actually hitting the other car and having it STOP them... If you ever see that Jeep again you should break his headlight and leave a note saying "sorry my baseball bat is strong"

Back to the topic...
Just to get off topic again... I think in general, Jeep drivers in NYC (particularly the ones with off-road bumpers and trailer hitches) are horrible. You have to wonder about the motivations for someone buying a car like that to drive around here.

I remember a few years ago near the post office in Forest Hills (across from Queens Blvd., around the corner from the police station) seeing a Jeep with a trailer hitch back up into a new 750il, through the grille, into the radiator, and just pull off without even looking back. I was so dumbfounded that by the time I thought to get his plate, he already pulled away. Needless to say, I would not park next to a Jeep if you can avoid it.

Regarding the original topic, I don't have a garage/driveway, but I do have an orbital sander and would be willing to help if you need it.

bigbank_A

that would be great because i found a 60 kit on ebay with my car color and it comes with the stuff http://www.ebay.com/itm/191135500877?_t ... EBIDX%3AIT
im gonna order it than let you know.
i would sand it now but i dont like driving around with a car ready to be painted lol

Z Car Barbie
Car: 2010 Rogue Krom
1984 300ZX Turbo
1982 280ZX

5.56 wrote:do you need a new bumper cover? i can get those at a deep discount.
I apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I don't yet have private messaging privileges. I'm interested, 5.56. Please PM me - that is, if I can get privileges to view it. ;)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Z Car Barbie wrote:
5.56 wrote:do you need a new bumper cover? i can get those at a deep discount.
I apologize for resurrecting an old thread, but I don't yet have private messaging privileges. I'm interested, 5.56. Please PM me - that is, if I can get privileges to view it. ;)
where do you live? which state? (i am estimating shipping prices) GA right?

casperfun
Car: 2009 Nissan Rogue SL AWD - Indigo Blue

Another option:

I would probably get this double tube to handle the bumper taps from a jeep. :inoutgay:

followingnfront

Those things don't do anything but push into the bumper and cause more damage than someone actually bumping into you. Take it from me, a person who just bought a 92 Jeep Wrangler as a second car..... Those bumper guard things are no match for a Jeeps steel bumpers (I haven't hit anybody... That's not what I'm saying... but someone backed into me with their Buick and they had damage and I didn't... Not even a scratch).

I can't tell you how many of these I see around the city that are pressed into the bumpers they are meant to protect. Not worth it.

casperfun

It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out that these rear tube guards are not a match for a steel jeep bumper. :slap:

Moreover, there will be no damage whatsoever from bumper taps in a parking lot. If you torque the bolt enough, it should not move. There is no way a human would be able to push it unless your some bodybuilder perhaps.

A small crash might push it into your bumper but it won't happen in a parking lot unless your a driver trying to intentionally push the contraption inward.

Actually, I had my front bullbar in a small crash. Some driver slammed on their brakes in middle of intersection after the light turned green. I was 3rd car who hit the lexus behind the brake slammer. The brake car didn't get hit and left. Probably wanted to scam the new Lexus.

Anyways,

Bullbar was bent out of shape which can only be done in a somewhat pretty hard collision.

But there was no damage to my frame. The repair shop just had to remove my bumper and melt some holes away and repaint. The holes were made by my foglight brackets. That's it. So even in a small crash, no major damage. I also did not tighten fully because I only had one wrench during my install. So it did move up and hit my bumper. Perhaps it absorbed some of the force. Who knows.

If not for the holes, it just would need to be repainted. Or some of the nicks or tiny indentations melted away at most.

Point is no major damage when it comes to talk about the frame of the Rogue having substantial damage in a small collision with these things. As evident in my case at least.
This has been the underlying issues about these steel tubes in the forum through the years. But the fact is in my particular Rogue, it did not receive any major structural damage. :werd:

followingnfront

I'm not talking about major structural damage Im talking about bumper damage. I don't know how people park where you live, but in NYC parking lots are the least of anyone's worries. If there is a spot on the street and someone can't quite fit in it, they will FORCE themselves into the spot, slamming back and forth into the vehicles in front and behind them.

The front bull bars are a lot thicker than the rears.

Those rear bumper guard things will, and do bend forward into the bumpers. As I said, many many many vehicles with those in NYC have them embedded in the rear bumpers

casperfun

followingnfront wrote:I'm not talking about major structural damage Im talking about bumper damage. I don't know how people park where you live, but in NYC parking lots are the least of anyone's worries. If there is a spot on the street and someone can't quite fit in it, they will FORCE themselves into the spot, slamming back and forth into the vehicles in front and behind them.

The front bull bars are a lot thicker than the rears.

Those rear bumper guard things will, and do bend forward into the bumpers. As I said, many many many vehicles with those in NYC have them embedded in the rear bumpers
You made a valid point. I concur.

As I said earlier, there is really no answer to stupid or crappy drivers who I said will intentionally push or as you say embed these bumper guard things into your bumper. I can't stop common sense where people try to smash, push, and shove their way into a parking space too small for their vehicle.

I also take onto consideration that the Big Apple and the hectic lifestyle there, most people do not care about getting their car into a space with more pressing issues to attend to. Their car bumper and vehicles around them is the least of their worries. New Yorkers also have a certain personality and they have to get their spot you know at times.

But down South where things are slower, I have never experienced my rear protector embedded into my bumper and I would probably never know since my Bumper is unscathed. Moreover, the street parking here, most drivers would not play bumper cars to fit into a space.

Considering all these factors, I will agree these rear protectors may not be suitable for the Big City of NY. Or for that matter places like Chicago, Boston, DC, and San Francisco :chuckle: Etc.

followingnfront

I've had good luck with the bumper bully *knock on wood*... When you park, open the trunk, flip the bumper bully out, and close the trunk....

I've been using this thing since day one and *again, knock on wood* there are zero blemishes on my rear bumper. Granted, since day one my Rogue has been garages overnight, but when at work or someone's house, or at the gym, or taking care of other things, my Rogue is always parked on the street.

And now with my Wrangler sitting in the garage, the Rogue is on the street overnight until further notice. Going to see if my building will let me get another spot in the garage... An extra $130/month ain't cheap though

followingnfront

Return to “Rogue Forum”