Anyone Know how to Program a new Intelligent Key

Forum for Infiniti M37, M56 M35h Hybrid and Q70 owners.
qwert98
Car: 2013 M37 S

I bought a 2013 M 37S a few weeks ago, and the dealer tells me that one of the two intellignet key fobs has been stolen. He tells me that people steal them at the auction and sell them on ebay - and I can buy one off ebay for cheap and program it. Great system... Anyway, I can't find how to program it myself - only that the dealer must do it. Is this true?? Anyone know the best place to buy one? Anyone know how to program one to my car?

Thanks,

Adam

withomps44
Car: 2011 Infiniti M37x

I've had a blank fob for a year now trying to do ANYTHING but take it to the dealer fro programming but it looks like that's going to be my only option. Would love to find another alternative but don't thinik there is one.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

I cannot find any information at all on manually programming the keys for our newer model Infinitis. All sources point to the factory Consult scan tool being needed.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Welcome to NICO!

This has been discussed ad nauseam in most of these forums, most notably in the Rogue section. Use the search feature and you'll find a lot of posts.

Save yourself the time and headache, just pay the exorbitant fee the dealership wants.

qwert98
Car: 2013 M37 S

Thanks everyone. I searched the M37 forum and couldn't find anything, but I knew it had to be out there... I'll just bite the bullet and have them do it. Can I buy any intelligent key, or it has to be for an M37? Any suggestions where to buy one?

Larz
Car: 2019 Q70-L RWD

I recently had to get a new smart key for my 2007 M. I took the spare key I bought from Ebay to a locksmith who specializes in smart key programming. Turns out he was unable to get it to do more than unlock the doors. This locksmith tried 4 different infiniti keys from his stock before he found one that would actually do everything - he took the key I bought 'in trade' so there was no charge for the key he used. He charged me $40 to program it and said that was a discounted price because I had to make two trips to his shop.
I checked with my service guy at the dealer after that episode and he told me the M's are among the most difficult of infinitis to program even by the best locksmiths and frequently his guys have to try different infiniti keys from their stock before they find one that will accept all the programs do all the functions. He said the G's & FX's are all easy fixes but the Ms are frequently a pain.
So .... after all that blathering ... my advise is to do what I did - use a locksmith who says they specialize in smart keys. Judging from the equipment this locksmith used (something that plugged into the car, another hand held thing almost the size of a tablet he typed into, and a laptop) ... all this while talking on a mobile phone (no clue what he was saying because he happened to be Persian) I doubt anyone can do this on their own.

Debonair
Car: 2011 Infiniti M56

He was probably getting instructions on how to program the key from the person on the other end, and then complaining about messing up 4 keys trying to get it right. :D

Return to “Infiniti M37, M56, M35h Hybrid and Q70 Forum”