Anyone installed Alpine IVA-W205?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
dags
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue

Hello all I am the proud owner of a 2 day old Rogue. I got the SL AWD with premium pkg / standard deck sine I new I was going to get a nav as soon as I got the car. I see the kits are avail from metraonline.com which is great. I could not find anyone on the forum that has a Alpine IVA-W205 installed yet, this will be the one I am getting hopefully by next weekend.

crutchfield.com says the deck won't fit the car but I believe that was in part due to the lack of cover kit not being avail.

So if anyone has added the Alpine nav deck, it would be helpful to know how it went if not it looks like I will be the first and will pass along my results and pics when done

CheersDags
Modified by dags at 10:11 PM 4/6/2008

dags

OK so I am booked in for this Friday afternoon at my local car audio shop for the full install. I will post pics ad noted above

AlpineIVA-W205 DVD head unitPMP-B200 Blackbird II NavSIRALP2C Sirius radio tuneriPod connectAmp and 2 18' blue thunder base box

I have 2 questions

1. What are the comments on the factory speakers (not the Bose). Are they good enough?

2. I have the standard head unit. Would my car still have the XM antenna built in it even though I do not have the upgrade head unit? How would I know?

dags

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

dags,

I wish I could help you on the Alpine deck, but it looks like you'll have to be the gineau pig on this one. Let us know how it turns out.

As for the two questions.. I can only comment on the first.

The "non-bose" factory speakers are good.. for factory speakers. But they will never perform like a nice set of aftermarket speakers will. At low volume they will sound just fine. But, as you crank it up a bit, you'll notice that they sound really "loud" and they just don't handle the highs and lows like they should. They just get pitchy.

My suggestion would be to go ahead and get the alpine deck put in. Then give it a week and see what you think of the system with the stock speakers. Depending on your listening habits, they might be just fine. Or you might find that you really do want an upgrade. No sense wasting the money on new speakers if you find out that the stock ones are OK for your taste..

Good luck!

TankNissan
Car: 2006 Nissan Xterra SuperBlack

I have one for my Xterra you will have to be sure its a dual double din opening for it. Check and verify meaurements. Crutchfield is where I purchased mine and it works very well .

philipa_240sx

dags2 wrote: I have the standard head unit. Would my car still have the XM antenna built in it even though I do not have the upgrade head unit? How would I know?

dags
The sat radio antenna is housed in the base of the radio antenna. It is larger and more rectangular than the non sat equipped Rogues. If you don't have the Bose audio, you don't have the Sat antenna.

Look closely at the antenna base:

No sat antenna:Image courtesy member jklph

Sat antenna: Image courtesy member rougeagent08

dags

Thanks philipa_240sx. Looks like I am stuck with the cheap on dash antenna that my unit come with.

I3urn
Car: Nissan Rogue SL AWD

Dags!I can't wait till you post some pics of the alpine deck! I was gonna get one last week but i just received a couple unexpected bills, so it has to wait... I know it's gonna look awesome! I can't wait till I get mine! (waiting for pics...)

dags

OK, good news and bad news. I got the deck installed today as planed but my deck kit did not come in yet. So my installer made me his own custom home job (that isn't half bad for temp) till the kit arrives. Everything is great so far.

I have the Alpine Sirius tuner (no buffer but I'm OK with that)I have the iPod direct cable hooked upand of course the blackbird nav with bluetooth

Just need to add a rear cam and need to swap out the ]factory door speakers sooooooo badly

Here are some quick pick for now

I will post better ones when I get the real faceplate. Let me know if anyone wants specific pics and or info on the deck.

Oh and did I mentioned this Deck is great

jklph

I am looking for a cheap in-dash GPS solution. How much did you spend for both the blackbird GPS and the head unit?

dags

I'm in Toronto Canada - Bestbuy.ca had the combo on sale last week for $1299.99. Alpine IVA-W205Alpine PMD-B200 Blackbird NAV

I got it at 2001 audio video for $1250.00

The Sirius and iPod stuff was xtra

dags

OK my installer finally got my trim kit from metraonline and got it installed.

It took a while to get it Canada.

Now the trim is perfect and matches the heat and air control panel color exactly. I ended up ripping out the Sirius simple tuner and replaced it with the Alpine KCA-SC100 attached to the Sirius SCVDOC1 Sirius connect dock. I ran it into the glove box and finally docked a Sportster 5 so I can get alerts on the deck.

Here are some picks

I know, I need to clean this up. I also have the A/V input and iPod connect in that corner

All in all this setup up works great and looks great

Dags

kots

it looks great! I didn't know that there is a way to run the cables to the glove box. I was figuring how to route my cables where I can be able to access it externally and thought that I would have to drill holes to do this. Thanks for the pics!

Leo2005

Probably a great unit but not a fan of the toys that have any mechanism like tilt option. I never trusted these kind of toys. But I have a question: I see that you had 6 cd changer in dash originally and as far I can see it is not a Bose system and you don't have premium pckg. So how come you got a non-bose changer and without premium pckg?

philipa_240sx

Read the very first post:
dags wrote:Hello all I am the proud owner of a 2 day old Rogue. I got the SL AWD with premium pkg / standard deck...
He has the premium pack with the mid-level radio, 6 disc changer, MP3. The top end BOSE system has a similar head unit but with 8 speakers including the sub.

Leo2005

Phillipa. I looked at a few dealerships and nobody has it. Premium pckg. includes smart which I don't see in his car. So I beleive it is only added option of changer and nothing else(correct me if I'm wrong). Maybe he has some other options like fog lights but this is not a full premium pckg. How can it be on SL? just curious.

philipa_240sx

I think I got it now. Poster Dags is from Toronto, Canada. Canadian model Rogues actually gets 3 different audio options.

- Base, Cd player & radio like the US- 6 CD changer similar to the BOSE head unit but without the 8 speakers and SUB. It's part of the Premium Pack in Canada.- Full BOSE system and is only available on Leather pack models.

US model Rogue's only get 2 audio options:- Base, Cd player & radio- Full BOSE system with 8 speakers & sub and is part of the premium pack.

I will update the US / Canada Rogue model differences accordingly:

zerothread?id=325256

BTW, what is this 'smart' option you refer to?

Leo2005

The intelligent key....i just call smart key. You can hold the key in your pocket and start by turning the ignition. Murano has a push button instead of that. At the same time you can open a car by pressing a button on a door etc.

philipa_240sx

See the link in my earlier post. Canadian models with premium pack do not get the Intelligent Key.

dags

Leo2005 wrote:The intelligent key....i just call smart key. You can hold the key in your pocket and start by turning the ignition. Murano has a push button instead of that. At the same time you can open a car by pressing a button on a door etc.
You are correct.

Also the The intelligent key is only available with the tech pkg that can only be added once you get the leather pkg

Tech package includes

Intelligent key keyless entry an ignition systemBluetooth hands free phone systemXM

philipa_240sx

dags wrote:
You are correct.

Also the The intelligent key is only available with the tech pkg that can only be added once you get the leather pkg

Tech package includes

Intelligent key keyless entry an ignition systemBluetooth hands free phone systemXM
Dags,

There are considerable difference in options between US and Canadian model Rogues. Intelligent Key is part of the AWD premium pack in the US. They don't need to order leather & tech packs to get it. The model differences are explained here:

zerothread/325256

Return to “Rogue Forum”