Anyone have a good source for 6303ZZ idler pulley bearings?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
elwesso
Car: 94 Infiniti Q45t 5 spd
2007 BMW M Coupe
2007 Infiniti G35 S 6MT

paranoidjack wrote:Also Wes, that math doesn't seem quite right -

The bearings (for nice sealed ones) will be $12-$15 each, at least the best I've found, and needing 6 of them that's $90-$100. If you don't have a press, you'll be paying another $30-$50 to press them in, and who knows if the guy did it without compromising the bearings? I have nightmares because I tried to replace the bearings in my washing machine instead of the entire spindle ($45 instead of $350) and it lasted 3 months.

So if you add that all up, it's not SO Bad to just get the bearings at ~$240 with all new tensioning hardware, versus $150 for just the bearings pressed in?

If you have the right bearings at the right price and a press it makes sense to go that route, but if you don't have that stuff and it's your only driving (or non-driving) vehicle, pulleys might be your best option.
Unless the Y33 is different, I believe you only need (4) bearings. 1 for the water pump/PS, 1 for the AC, and (2) for the alternator. So if you can get them for $9.50 each (from McMaster per above), that's $38 + a little for shipping. I can't imagine someone charging $30-$50 EACH, should be like $30-$50 for all 3 of them. So, that's $90 for all of them.

Either way, your last statement is right on... :)

paranoidjack
Car: 2012 M56s
2003 M45
2001 QX4
2000 Q45
1998 Pathy
1996 J30

Yeah, unfortunately it is. 2 bearings pressed in either side for the idlers on water pump and alternator. A/C (people still have that on g50's and y33's??? :) ) and power steering use a single bearing.

Well this thread should have all the info anyone needs for this job! Best of luck to all that need to do it. It's really not tough, but I recommend on the y33 at least, to remove the radiator fan to make the job non-suicidal. 4 10mm nuts and you're good. Despite how it appears the fan can come out once removing the upper radiator hose, without removing the shroud. Hardest part is verifying tension on installed belts. Not too tight!

tfvesquire
Car: 1998 Q45

** UPDATE **

Ok, so as predicted in my original post above, the AC idler bearing seized up and basically chewed the AC belt in 1/2 while driving on the expressway. I found this out when I went to turn on the AC last Friday and it came out just slightly cold. Thought it was the freon, so I went to charge it up and looked down at the belt only to see a puley, but no AC belt. The belt ended up getting wrapped aorund the power steering pump pulley and I am really lucky it didn't do any damage to that.

Removed the AC idler pulley and the inner race was gone as were two ball bearings. Pressed out the damaged bearing and pressed in a new one from McMasters that I bought awhile back and was good to go. Gotta tell you, with our cars getting up in age, it's always nice to have a few spare replacement parts in the garage.

Now, I just need to do a complete detail and visit my PDR guy to popout several little parking lot door dents and the Q will be ready for summer. BTW, has anyone ever tried that new wax for white cars made by Meguire's? I have a few kinds of special wax (Zymol and Zaino), but I thought I would give that one a try if it actually makes a difference in making the pearl white paint stand out. My car definitely needs a lite wet sand with 3-5K grit and then a good clay bar treatment before I switch my wax. For those of you who have tried it, let me know what you think.

Ted Come on Spring!!!! :dblthumb:

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”