Anyone have a 25+ year old GTR in georgia?

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
joshga

I have purchased a 1990 R32 from the gtr shop. waiting until it arrives, but i am trying to do a bit of research before hand.

what i am mainly looking for is anyone in atlanta with one that has experience getting a georgia title. I am not too sure how my local redneck DMV is going to be when i show up with import paperwork. Looking for a tip as to a friendly dmv that will not hassle me so much. I have no problem being polite but firm with my local one, but id rather just go to a known friendly dmv.

also, looking for a 320km/h gauge cluster as mine is 260km/h

do they make gauges that have MPH listed on them somewhere?

sorry if these questions are considered stupid. i am a total noob to importing a vehicle, thankfully the GTR shop is doing all the customs brokering and what not.

themadscientist
Car: R32 GTR, DR30 RS Turbo, BRZ, Lunchbox, NSR50 Sportster 883 Iron
Location: Staring down at you with disdain from the spooky mountaintop castle.

Stickers. As long as it's accurate. 25mph is roughly 40kph, about 1.61 KPH per MPH. They have to do something similar here to old American cars that only have mph marks.

Gold Digger
Car: Current:
2011 Infiniti G25X

Former:
1995 Nissan Skyline GT-R V-Spec Midnight Purple
1990 Nissan Laurel Club S Turbo Two Tone Pearl

100km/h is 62mp/h.

To convert KMH to MPH, take what ever number you have in KMH and multiply it by 0.62. Done.

The Nismo 320KMH guages are a bit on the expensive side. If you have, say, a Garmin navigation unit, just put that in and it has a built in speedometer.

joshga

i dont have a gps unit, i generally use my phone as it works well and its something else i dont have to buy. i like the sticker idea and that is what i was going to do in the short term... stickers at the major speed limits ie 25, 35, 55, 65 and then 80 since in georgia we have super speeder and over 85 you can get popped something fierce with a 300 dollar i think additional fine in addition to the ticket. i dont plan on going that fast anyways, dont want to break something then have to repair it :)

joshga

also, the car has a bride racing seat made for a tiny little japanese person. i am "big fat american" well, really im just big... 6'4 with a 38" waist and i wear a 52 jacket.

it has a sliding bride rail setup in it. what seat could i replace the bride with? it looks old and worn out anyways and will probably see the dumpster or ill make a chair out of it for my garage.

RainR32
Car: R32 GT-R / 2015 STI Stage 2

joshga wrote:also, the car has a bride racing seat made for a tiny little japanese person. i am "big fat american" well, really im just big... 6'4 with a 38" waist and i wear a 52 jacket.

it has a sliding bride rail setup in it. what seat could i replace the bride with? it looks old and worn out anyways and will probably see the dumpster or ill make a chair out of it for my garage.
I had the same issue as you with my driver seat it came with a size like 32 or 33 so I had it swap out with some other seats so far I have done the driver seat I hope to do the other very soon. I had a shop make me the rails for my new seats.

OLD

New

RainR32
Car: R32 GT-R / 2015 STI Stage 2

By the way I have the old seats for sale if anyone wants to buy them :)

joshga

man i like that recaro seat... probably a little more than i want to spend but i want something that can recline. i dont want the bucket style that has no movement. while the specs on my car probably could dictate it be used for racing, i dont plan on racing it. just want something comfortable to drive in.

joshga

here is a link to the car i bought.
http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/ ... ce/4183388
ANY info about some of the mods would be appreciated... this is what i really have questions about;

pros and cons of the MAF delete kit
how do i figure out what cams it has?
has HKS adjustable actuators... what do i do with them(i dont want to mess with them)
how do i figure out what size my injectors are?
NISMO oil seperator - whats the purpose of this?
what in the world is a Arc water cooler system? looks like it has some plumbing running around the engine for it.

once i get it, all the fluids are getting changed. i also want to add an oil filter relocation kit to it for ease of changing the oil filter. yes, the car does have a BGW on it but i honestly did not care as a couple hundred in body work to remove/replace if i desire was well worth the mods this car has.

it has HKS 2530 turbos. what wheel horsepower should this car be good for? what is the max boost you should run on a stock engine(assuming stock because nothing was said otherwise). i dont want to dial it up as i dont really understand the car well enough having never dealt with them. thanks

GSX-R35
Car: 2010 Black Obsidian TSM Pro Eight R35
1999 Midnight Purple 2 R34 V-spec
1990 Gun Metal Grey Nismo R32

I've been using a speedo app on my Iphone so I know exactly what speed I'm doing in MPH. Works well with the proper phone mount.

There's a company in the UK that makes replacement dial faces for the R32 that have mph markings if you'd prefer a cleaner setup but they're meant for the original 180 kph speedo, not aftermarket ones. My car came with a Tomei 300kph so that wasn't an option for me, besides, I'm swapping in a Nismo 320kph one anyway since my car is a Nismo.

Nismo speedos can still be ordered from Japan as new old stock for about 380 bucks but you'll have to find a place to get the odo matched if that matters to you. I snagged a used Nismo speedo for less than 200. You can find them on eBay but they're usually sold together with the whole cluster. It looks like in your car a Nismo GTS-T speedo was put in hence the 260kph limit - Nismo GT-R speedos go to 320.

The Nismo oil separator is just a catch can setup - RBs are known for having a lot of oil blowby so catch cans are a common mod.

Hope that helps. I'm sure other more knowledgeable people can answer your other questions.

SKYDIVE34
Car: 1990 Skyline GTS-R

Hey bro how are you? I just got a R32 and i live in GA too. Hit me up man i need to pick your brain lol. 256-343-1061 John

Tkimbler2002
Car: 1990 skyline gtr

I have one in Fayette county

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Tkimbler2002 wrote:I have one in Fayette county
Just an FYI, this thread is a year old, which is also the last time the OP was online. I wouldn't wait for a reply.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”