Anybody done business w/ Andy's Auto Sport.com

General discussion forum about the 240sx, and a great place to introduce yourself to the board!
nismo240now
Car: S13 Hatch and R34 project build

Ok, so i'm looking to get a few pieces and came across Andy's Auto Sport.com..... They have some good prices, and some good brands, but I'm just curious if any one of you have come across this site and had good or bad experiences with them ? thanks

WesTnine9
Car: S13

I bought a CAI for my Spec V from them awhile ago.Fast shipping and friendly service people.

But thats all I ever bought from them.I'd givem

goldeneye9mm
Car: 95 S14 240sx

yes and they're terrible. i ordered a bunch of brake parts from them. project mu pads all the way around for my s14 and an ARC cooling panel. they called me after the money had came out of my account and told me that the pads were on back order b/c they were changing to Endless as there high end pad line. they offered me the endless for 300 bux more and i said they were out of their minds and the cooling panel was special order and it would take 3 months to get...... so i ennded up w/ Axxes pads and was gonna wait out the panel. so i get the pads and i opened up the boxes..... the rear pads were fine but they sent me a used set for the front. so i'm super pissed and call them back and the tell me that they dont ship directly they are --ONLY A MIDDLE MAN COMPANY-- they have no warehouse. end of story after about 3-4 months i ended up w/ a greddy gracer front lip and a set of rear pads i didn't want and no cooling panel. so if you dare to deal w/ them go for it but never again for me.

Enigma_cpl03
Car: 240sx coupe

iv bought saturn parts they are pretty good.

nismo240now

so they are basically a middle man??? I'm not a big fan to be on back order. Only scares me b/c I"m basically ordering over 3 grand worth of body pieces, I'm planning on getting an s15 front end, all the parts for that, and a smooth body kit and over fenders... but I don't want to wait for a long time, b/c its time sensitive...

ashibah83
Car: 93 SUPA BLACK COUPE

most of the parts companys out there are "middle men". what the deal is, they contact a very large distributors and place "buy-ins" to get set percentages off(5 percent off retail company A, 12 percent off cost company B)when you place an order with a company, they contact their distributor(s) and ship directly from the distributor from you , all the company does is deal with the customer and take money.

its too bad you cant just buy from the distributor, those buy-ins are kinda pricey

nismo240now

i guess i learn something every day... so what would that make walmart then?

yea i wish i could just buy from the distributor, that would be nice, especially with how much crap i need. thanks!!!

I only asked about andy's auto sport b/c I've had mixed reviews and whatnot and I wasn't sure if it was bad... i hate the companies that have horrible customer service..

240life
Car: 1993 Coupe - S13 SR20det blacktop

I personally will never do business with them again...I ordered a VIS body kit from them, and the only thing that was what i orederd (not there own knock off) was the rear bumper nothing was able to be used except the bumper. I had ordered it when I was 3months from comming home and when I got home i called them and they would not take responsibility for the crap they sent me.

xxxgersons13
Car: 1991 s13

never doing business with them again I ordered a Greddy strut bar for my mr2 1st gen took them Two Weeks to tell me it was discontinued. then took them another week to return my money to my checking acount.

mentordrift
Car: 1995 Nissan 240sx SE

Go through Enjuku or Phase2Motortrend.

They have NEVER steered me wrong, and I have bought nrearly $8k worth of misc. parts from them over the years.

ashibah83

mentordrift wrote:Go through Enjuku or Phase2Motortrend.

They have NEVER steered me wrong, and I have bought nrearly $8k worth of misc. parts from them over the years.
Enjuku is a GREAT bunch of guys, i called them needing some guidance on parts to achieve my goal, got the advice i was looking for, placed my order, after downsizing it considerably thanks to the advice i recieved, and my car performs better than i thought it would with less money spent!!!

White Comet
Car: fc, s13 and mazda6, Sierra

dont use andys auto. theres plenty of reputable places that are good

shurnutz

I've bought a few things from them, for the most part its good stuff until recenly. I've not yet received a response for days about returning a product they've listed improperly to work with my vehicle. With my newest car i have a Saturn SL2 97 and bought a header for it (on the site you enter your car info from drop down menus which filters out any parts that don't work with your car and also includes universal parts like weldable exhausts) which says specifically "for all S-Series models 91-99", so of course i bought it, it says it works and thats exactly what i wanted. But what did i get? I got a header for 91-99 Saturn S-Series models with a SOHC engine. I have a DOHC model which the site said nothing about, i trusted them too much by accident. (before finding the correct header on ebay, i found a distributing site that sells the right part, i asked if they could order this part for me and also what i do to go about returning the incorrect part, this is the email I've now not received a response from for days, so I sent another email after i just finally found the right header on ebay who DID list all the correct and exact info on what it will actually work for) So now I've yet to receive another respose about the info to return the part, and also now sent another email saying i've found the correct header else where now, and what do i need to do to send this back for a refund. Also i've included in the email a question about they're return policy, i asked them that i understand they're return policy is a 10% restocking fee and I have to pay for shipping, (they're site says to make sure i want this part before buying because of this, which of course since they're site states the part works with my car, of course i wanted to buy it, i trusted there site.) but under the circumstances, can they reimburse me for these costs. (i.e. being it's not my fault i ordered a part that doesn't work on my car)

So that's my beef with Andy's Auto Sport's web site; but as I've said, I just sent the last email (tonight) about shipping and restocking reimbursement. Which that email was days after I had already asked about how to go about returning the product; and I've yet to hear even a response about just returning the product that I have a total of 30 days to return, what happens I ask when i pass this 30 day mark? I hope to not find out.

shurnutz

Oh ALSO, i forgot, I've read some more posts above which reminded me of BEFORE they even got all of my product to me. I order a header and a gasket to go betweet the 2 sets of pipes i ordered. I receive in the mail a very small thin package thinking of course, "well there is no chance my headers that cost 350 plus dollars fit in a thin fed ex package, since of course i order HEADERS", and of course i was right, after emailing Andy's Auto Sport a few days later i get a response from them which includes a response to Andy's Auto sport from the vender for the part saying they forgot to include the actual header in the shipping order........ For a 350 plus dollar order, how in the world do you forget to include the part thats 350 bucks but not the part thats about 20 sum dollars. Of course this may be the fault of the vender, but yes, Andy's Auto Sport is for a lack of a better term, a middle man. This is exactly how i found this out. Thus i waited an additional week for the main part (which wasn't even a part that worked for my car as stated) that I ordered. Sadly (very sadly) i've had better service from sellers on eBay. (which is exactly where i ordered the CORRECT header for my car)

240lookis
Car: 1990 240sx hatch

well, i spent $850 there on some megan coils. $375 of which was money that they gave me for posting with their link in my sig. haha. i was given $1 per post.i was basically a total post whore for a month. they ended that program of course though.i wouldnt buy from them. my coils took over 3 weeks to get to me.

shurnutz

240lookis wrote:well, i spent $850 there on some megan coils. $375 of which was money that they gave me for posting with their link in my sig. haha. i was given $1 per post.i was basically a total post whore for a month. they ended that program of course though.i wouldnt buy from them. my coils took over 3 weeks to get to me.
That is pretty rediculous, especially when I've bought from those questionable "power sellers" from eBay who are quicker on shipping, and more responsive about selling. I suppose because you can't give Andy's Auto Sport "bad feedback" haha thanks for agreeing

240DRFTluver
Car: 1993 Nissan 240sx

Thats a bummer cause i was gonna buy some stuff from them. oh well ill check out some other places.

celbii
Car: q45

Think i bought a shift knob from them about 2 years ago for my rx7. Nothing but good then. Looking at that same shift knob yesterday they are charging 80 bucks for it now compared to the 40 back then and they have ridciulous shipping charges.

ashibah83

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH ZOMBIE THREAD FROM THE DEAD!!!!!!!!!!!!

leg911
Car: 99 Porsche 911 Carrera

As long as you need no service after they get your money you
Will be ok. I bought a bumper and it was damaged by the shipper
. No Service. Took them selves out of the loop. Worst I hove seen
In 30 years. Never again. So pissed I didn't see the site before I ordered

TheRBguy
Car: S13 240sx Rb25det swapped

I just ordered an s13 drift hood and rear bumper from them last week they had the cheapest price. They freight shipped it last friday i received it today. Was packaged flawlessly and i was impressed. The only thing was i had to call them for a tracking number. I would buy from them again.

2stent

Yes and stay away from them. I ordered a part and when it arrived it was not correct. After several attempt I finally got the to pick it up and send the correct part. Well that one arrived and it was wrong again. Finally I just asked them to pick it up and refund my account, this is taking for ever. Their customer service center does not communicate at all with you. I have had to speak with the service manager on two ocaasions and I am still waiting for my refund after six weeks. This is one of the worst online businesses I have ever dealt with..........stay away! :(

jdjensen17
Car: Nissan

Yep, this company is terrible! Warning: Stay Away! It’s impossible to return something, so don’t buy unless you know you’ll never return it. Pardon me while I go to every other review site I can find and blast them. This company is un-American!

Ddig1

IM ON THE PHONE WITH THIS COMPANY NOW. TOTAL SCAM. TOTAL CRAP.

I RETURNED SOMETHING FROM THEM A WEEK AGO THAT WASN’T DELIVERED YET. I NEVER RECEIVED MY REFUND AND IT WAS DELIVERED TO MY HOUSE TODAY.

NOW THEY’RE TELLING ME I HAVE TO PAY TO SHIP THEM BACK THEN THEY’LL PROCESS MY REFUND

PIECE OF CRAP COMPANY

Return to “240sx General Discussion”