Another New Rogue Owner!!!!

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
roguenc

I bought my Rogue Friday night!!! This is exactly what I was looking for. After having driven the Honda C-RV, Toyota RAV4, Hyundai Tuscon and Santa Fe, Ford Edge and Mazda CX-7 I had pretty much narrowed it down to the C-RV and the Rogue.

5 minutes of driving and I knew this was it. As it seems to be the case everywhere else, there was only one on the lot. It's an SL, 2WD, cloth interior with the 2WD Premium Package in the Venom Red which is more of a burgundy than a bright red (in my opinion!).

It's PERFECT!!!! Exactly what I was looking for. It drives like a dream, doesn't have the big boat feel that you get from the bigger SUV's - coming from a 4D Sedan that was important and is very agile!

PROS:-for a 4cyl, great pick-up, paddle shifters work when needed

-sound system is incredible

-no problem with rear window, great visibility for an SUV

-incredibly comfortable seats - and very nice material (mine is the black/blue SL Cloth which seems very durable) and though this model doesn't have the automatic seat adjustments the 6-way manual adjustments definitely do the trick

-whoever designed the interior was brilliant (Must have been a woman ;-)

-Perfect location of nooks and crannies. -The center console has a removable tray leading to a very deep area with a 12V plug, -There are clothes hooks/hangers in the neatest places, -Cup holders in the center are the perfect sizes (one large, one normal) -Plastic material on the dash and other areas of the interior feels very refined, kind of hard to explain but LOVE IT!!!!! -Cloth covered center console and door area where controls are!

CONS:-So far the only negative I have noticed is that the lights do not come on automatically. Not used to that from my last car. It will take some getting used to having to check if I have left them on (though luckily it does beep!)

If I notice any more pros or cons I'll definitely post it!

Eikon
Car: 71 240z, 93 Supra TT

Congrats!

Welcome to the forum!

Please keep us updated on how things go.. Likes, dislikes, problems (hopefully not!). Also.. if you are able to keep an eye on your gas milage and update the sticky thread with your results from time to time.. that would be very helpful for all of us.

Again, thanks for sharing your thoughts so far.. you are one of the few actual owners at this point. Let us know if there is anything we can do to help.

SHIFT_COUPE
Car: 2014 Infiniti Q50 AWD

Looks like our first new owner here! Congrats on the purchase. We would love to see some shot of your new ride. Post em up! Saw one parked at the dealer the other day but I didn't get a chance to stop and take a look at it.

roguenc

I took some pictures this morning and wanted to post them but can't figure out how to do that on this forum. If somebody could help me out I'd greatly appreciate it!

Eikon

To post pictures on this forum, you'll need to host the pictures through another internet site.

My personal favorite is google.com's picassa program. They have a web album that is huge and has unlimited bandwidth. It's free!

Many people use photobucket. Also free if you put up with the advertising.

There are a bunch of other photo hosting sites on the net to use.. just pick one you like.

Then when the picture is hosted on a site, right click on that photo to get it's web address in the properties window. Copy that link. Then on this forum you click the little yellow img tag (the mountain) and paste your link in between the [IMG] tags that the icon inserts for you.

give it a shot. let me know if you have any more trouble.

roguenc

Alrighty, here are a few pics I took this morning. I hope this works... I'm already making use of the cargo area, so I hope that the tent in the back doesn't distract too much...

mquebe

Anxious to know how big is the cargo area. My husband tells me that from the pictures it must be tiny. But you have what it seems a big box in it and it doesn't look small from the pictures. Can you tell me in feet how long it is? I would really appreciate it.From Galveston, Texas

thanks

roguenc

Not sure if this will give you a good idea of how big the cargo area is, but this afternoon I picked up 10 bales of pine straw from the local garden shop for the back yard. All 10 bales fit in comfortably with the back seats folded forward. We could have probably "squeezed" in another 1-2 bales with more logical placement of the bales...

The blue box you guys see is one of those collapsable tents - I am very much guessing, but I'd say its dimensions were 5' x 1' x 10". I'm not the best with measurement, but I am 5'10" and it was just a bit shorter than me!

Hope this helps!

Eikon

Great pictures roguenc!

What a sharp looking vehicle.

cariv

Congrats!!!!!! I am still torn between the Rogue, CX-7,Vue and Edge. Please let me know how the mileage really is. Nice photos too!!!!

ron-svmale

bump, yeah, great looking Rogue. Can't wait to see one up close and personal when they make it into Arizona showrooms.

sommmatt
Car: 1989 240SX

That, along with many similar sized SUVs, seemed to have form over function.Rear blindspots look terrible. And I'll tell you what the problem with those rear windows are. Drivers behind you can't see through them to see what's in front of you.

Other than all that, it's pretty sharp. Congrats with your purcahse, I hope you enjoy it. Looks like it has a decent amount of cargo space in there, too.

roguenc

I have not had any problem with the size or placement of the rear window. I have always been one to use my side mirrors when backing up and find that this is not any better/worse than my Toyota Camry was. I have never owned an SUV before, and I must say that I am very impressed with the Rogue's maneuverability (if there is such a word...;-) I am able to get into the same tight spaces as with the Camry and the Rogue's turning radius is very tight!

Just my observations, I've only had it 5 days but I am 100% convinced that this was the best purchase I could have made for the money/quality/looks/packages/gas mileage (which at the moment is around 25.6mpg)

ron-svmale

roguenc: Do you have the bluetooth pkg? If so, how is it working for you?

I was just wondering, b/c I've been told that it's not that great when driving at greater speeds; like on an Interstate.

Thx, Ron

roguenc

Hi Ron,

No, I don't have the bluetooth package. I have the cloth interior, and I think that you need the leather package in order to have bluetooth...

Eikon

I think the AWD premium package comes with bluetooth, but the 2WD does not.

I test drove an AWD SL that had Bluetooth, but no leather.

roguenc

That's what it was! I couldn't quite remember if the bluetooth was dependent on the AWD or the leather, but since I wasn't looking for bluetooth, AWD or leather I didn't pay that much attention to it....

Thanks for the clarification!

Days 7 and I'm still loving the ROGUE!!!! Two "neat" things I didn't mention before. The "top" of the center consolue (the part where your arm rests on) has some neat storage for pens and cards (see picture) underneath it. This may be normal for Nissan's, but I have never seen this in any of my cars before...

Also, the cup holders in the center console can actually be "pulled out" for easy cleaning when need be.

It's these "little" things that I love about the Rogue. Its interior design is very well thought out...

roguenc

mquebe

I hate to keep bothering you about the cargo space but have you gone to the grocery store. About how may bags of groceries can you put in the back with the second row not folded down?I guess I really need to go see a rogue but the problem is that i don't think houston has any of them just yet.

ImportCarPartsPlus
Car: 2003 Mitsubishi Eclipse GTS

I like the wheels. They actually look good from the factory.

roguenc

Hope this helps!

dreaderus
Car: 240 sx 93

theres a grey 2w cloth base one at the local dealership in canada there right now.

should i go in and lowball them rofl? hehe

mquebe

It helps...thanks a bunch. I think it has plenty of cargo room for I needed for. It is good looking car and will definitely put the Rogue on my shopping list. Keep us posted.

wwbbd

roguenc, thanks for all the info on this new car; you are providing a great service! I didn't know the Rogue existed until yesterday, and now I think it may be just what I'm looking for. Can you tell me about the back seats? Do they slide forward or back or recline? Also are there any air vents in the back seat area? I'm having a real hard time finding small SUV's that have this--I think the Santa Fe is the only one I've seen. Thanks.

roguenc

I'm glad I can help others out. I had done a lot of research and a lot of test driving before deciding on the Rogue (we had been looking since June) which was a very easy decision. I don't know how to explain it, but the Rogue just felt right as soon as I got in it!

It does not have reclining rear seats nor does it have the vents in the back. I have the 2WD SL - perhaps the 4WD does, but I am 95% certain that it does not either....

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

According to the specifications list on the NissanUSA site, rear heater vents are standard on the SL model, but are not available on the S model.

poconosmama

I've been so busy the last few days I havent even sat in the back seat! I'll do that this evening and let you know what the SL has back there...

cpca
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD Phantom White

Well, I finally had a chance to look, and I don't see any rear heater vents on our SL AWD unless they are very well-concealed ...

(Edit) Found 'em - they are under the two front seats - dual vents under each seat, pointing toward the back ...
Modified by cpca at 5:14 PM 10/1/2007

nsrZ32
Car: 90 300ZX TT, 78 280Z, 71 521 Pickup, 98 Sentra 2.0 SE, 02 Altima 3.5 SE, 01 Focus s2

Congrats on the purchase!

NYNISSAN
Car: ALL OF EM

CONGRATS ON THE PURCHASE OF THE NEW ROGUE. I HOPE IT SERVES YOU WELL FOR MANY YEARS. We are so excited here in upstate NY about this new product. After reading the reviews here I can see that we are not the only ones amped up about the Rogue. Nissan does have a winner on its hands. Nissan has a training session for the sales force coming up we get to drive the CRV, Rogue, Rav4 around the track. Should be some fun. Will let ya'll know how it turns out.

ron-svmale

Could you tell us when the safety/crash test results will be available for the Rogue.On several websites, they show not available/not released, or something to that effect.

I understand insurance companies use the test results to rate an insured vehicle.

Return to “Rogue Forum”