Amp wiring help.

General Discussion forum for Versa Owners
rdsworks
Car: Versa '08

I just purchased some new car audio for my V, before I go and start wiring the amp I was wondering if anyone could suggest a good place to mount the amp, I'm thinking either Under the seat (hidden), or on the back of one of the backseats...

I worry about under the seat because rain/moister/snow gets in the car and might get on the amp and short circuit everything

Where is a good place to run all of the wire's from my deck to the amp?

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

mounting wise, i couldnt tell you... but for runing the wires...power on the driver side, take the trim for the floor and run the wire under there... ground to probably aroudn the spare tire, dunno where you can grab a good ground... RCA and turn on lead on the passenger side.

tyler_ofspain
Car: 2008 Nissan Versa S

xtwoonamatchx wrote:mounting wise, i couldnt tell you... but for runing the wires...power on the driver side, take the trim for the floor and run the wire under there... ground to probably aroudn the spare tire, dunno where you can grab a good ground... RCA and turn on lead on the passenger side.
very good... as for the ground just scrape the paint off a spot in the tire well and use a self tapping screw

flygja

Hi, I'm also trying to DIY install my car audio equipment. Do you know if there's an existing hole in the firewall to run a 4GA or bettwe yet 0GA amp power wire? Thanks.

XterraVersa
Car: Nissan Xterra & Nismo 350Z

Under the seat is fine. There is a lip that will keep water from gettin to the amp. Plus in the winter you may have a heated seat.

For a great ground, loosen or remove one of the rear seat bolts & attach the ground wire to it. 100% reversable when you sell the car.

rdsworks

Thanks for all the input, I just ordered by amp kit from sonicelectronix.com. its going to take a week to get here, but once im done ill post some pics.

kcourtad
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa SL Sedan

hey man mines under my drivers seat with 4awg wire for the amp...

thats a big amp too man...

jfanaselle
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa Hatchback SL, 2008 Nissan Rogue SL

kcourtad wrote:hey man mines under my drivers seat with 4awg wire for the amp...

thats a big amp too man...
You might want to wrap a piece of tape around the wire on the left where it connects to the amp. Having all that exposed copper could cause a short if one of those little strands makes contact with the body of the amp or anything else metal in the car. Just a thought.

kcourtad

that was taken care of after i saw that in my pic its a old one when i 1st got the car... i put some fancy stuff on there to make it look more like a "Pro" hooked it up

flygja

kcourtad wrote:that was taken care of after i saw that in my pic its a old one when i 1st got the car... i put some fancy stuff on there to make it look more like a "Pro" hooked it up
Looks great! How is the 4GA run through the firewall though? Did you have to drill a new hole? I can't seem to find any spare holes in the firewall.

kcourtad

there should be a little rubber thing on your fire wall... and you just take that out or if you really want it to look good just stab it threw... with me i took it out and sealed it up... just pull your carpet back from the driver`s side "Top Left" side and pull it down and feel with your hand you`ll know when you feel it...

flygja

kcourtad wrote:there should be a little rubber thing on your fire wall... and you just take that out or if you really want it to look good just stab it threw... with me i took it out and sealed it up... just pull your carpet back from the driver`s side "Top Left" side and pull it down and feel with your hand you`ll know when you feel it...
Thanks for the quick reply. I've tried groping around my firewall for a while now and couldn't find anything. If you could take a picture for me, it'd be extremely useful. Thanks!

kcourtad

i`ll snap one this weekend when i got my rims off my car...

flygja

Great, thanks!

kcourtad

i hope these will help... its right beside to what it looks like a wire harness that runs threw the fire wall... it should be able to slide right threw... i would start from the inside then push it towards the motor... just make sure you have something to reach down there with kuz it is a tight spot to grab at it... Good luck

flygja

Hey, these were great! I'll poke around this weekend and see what I can find. My car's right hand drive, I'm sure its just a matter of flipping the driver's sides

rdsworks

The 70-7552 doesn't have the ground or illumination wire, you have to cut/splice into the factory harness to get them hooked up

kcourtad

rdsworks wrote:The 70-7552 doesn't have the ground or illumination wire, you have to cut/splice into the factory harness to get them hooked up
is that after-market you have or factory headunit ??? mine is a factory head unit wired in with a LOC (Line out converter)

rdsworks

After market Alpine Its not a big deal since there is a ground available real close to the deck by the stearing column.

For Illumination its a real ***** soldier to such a small wire.

kcourtad

ive never had a problem with grounding a CD player yet... but i still have a stock head unit... thinking about getting one of thos cheap CD players to put in there... and some door speakers and i`ll be set...

xtwoonamatchx
Car: 2007 Nissan Versa S

rdsworks wrote:After market Alpine Its not a big deal since there is a ground available real close to the deck by the stearing column.

For Illumination its a real ***** soldier to such a small wire.
as per the ground, you didnt need to go all the way to the steering column, use a screw thats used to hold in the mounting bracket... thats what crutchfield told me, because the factory headunit is groudned through those screws

Return to “Versa General Chat”