Am I getting a good price on 2012 Rogue SV?

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
stylez23

Since my last car, Nissan Versa, was totaled form the the hurricane that hit NJ a couple months ago. I was in the market for a new car and decided to go up a class.

So far I've gone through many dealers looking for a Rogue SV with Premium Package and Fog Lights. I have received a quote of $28,100 OTD (includes taxes, fees, and grad credit) for a car that also includes floor mats. Also the car is located at another dealer so they would need to swap for it.

Am I getting a good deal? I saw MSRP is about $28,500 so I think it's OK, could I do better? The only thing is that I think I know where this car is located so would it be beneficial to travel to that dealer to try and buy it there? It's about 65 miles away.

Any opinions would be great as I plan on purchasing within the next week or so.

TaiLuu
Car: 2009 Nissan Murano LE AWD
2011 Nissan Rogue SV AWD
2014 Nissan Pathfinder Platinum

Bargain for a lower price it never hurts. I bargain my 11' rogue sv awd for $23k and the price for it was $25.5k. My Rogue had only 12 Miles on the clock too.

stylez23

Thanks for the reply.. the price was around 25k also before taxes and mv fees...

Have any of you used TruCar.com? I tried it at 3 dealers and go the price, but when I got to the dealer I was quoted more than $2k over for ridiculous fees.

nyterider
Car: 2012 SV Rogue

Your close to SL pricing at 28K with the around view camera, maybe 1k shy. I'd just get that

rayjgold
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue, SL package AWD

i got a 2011 SL with everything for 26k, and i bought it in November 2010....i think you can do a little better.

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Don't know if you finally bought one, but here's my two cents. I drove 3 hours from my home in Delaware to Carmax in Maryland. Got a really good price on my '11 Rogue SL AWD w/SV package. As your in NJ it's a bit of a drive, but might be worth it. At least check their prices online http://www.carmax.com/

RGG
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue

I just picked up my 2012 Rogue AWD yesterday, Pearl White, with the SL package. The SL package gives you heated leather seats, sun/moom roof, bose sound, 18" wheels and other things that any car owner would want, just type in nissan rouge sl package in your webs browser and see what's included in the SL package. I originally saw The Rogue at a different dealers website while surfing the web looking for a car (http://www.kenganleynissan.com/new-inve ... ssan-Rogue) which was running an internet special (still going on).

Now the deal, I printed the add and took it to my local dealer and asked if he could match the deal if not I was going to drive the two hours to that dealership to buy my Rogue with S/L package. We started working the deal but couldn't come to an agreement, we were about $500 apart and I said goodbye and walked away. Before I got home the saleman left a mesage of the additional $500. rebate and we came to an agreement for $24,998 on a Rogue front wheel drive which also included tax, title and plates. The sticker was $29,100 for the Rogue, my 2007 Pontiac g5 trade was for $4,250 of which $4,080 was still the payoff, there is a $750.00 rebate and as of this friday 3/16/2012 there is an additional $500 rebate that started, I don't know for how long it's going to last but it's available now. Now the fun part, the car I test drove was an AWD Rogue, White Peral, SL packackage, mud flaps, bumper guard, cargo mat installed. When I went down to finalize the deal I took the AWD car (sticker $30,600) for another test drive and made him an offer of $1,200 for this car vs having to dealer trade for the one I wanted as they didn't have the original one I wanted on site, we finally settled on $1,400 more and I had undercoating applied for 50% off ($150). I walked out of the dealership in a beautiful 2012 Nissan Rogue AWD with SL package with tax, title and permenant plates for 26,600. I think this is the best deal I ever made.
Sorry about the lenght but to get to this deal so much happened that I wanted to share with you 1. don't be afraid to walk away from a deal, and 2. take a competitors add with you because that is what got us the price to work from instead of the sticker price. Good luck. Oh by the way my wife loves this car as I do too. My only wish is I want the illuminated kick plates but they cost to much $128 on ebay.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

stylez23 wrote:looking for a Rogue SV with Premium Package and Fog Lights. I have received a quote of $28,100 OTD (includes taxes, fees, and grad credit)
are you talking about the Sv with the SL package?

the SV msrp $24,280 (which means 20,000 fair asking price.)
SV with SL Package msrp $28,180 (which means 24,000 is fair asking price)
+ tags, tax, title, etc.
DO NOT GET THE BS WINDOW ETCH!!! ITS A TOTAL SCAM!!!!!!! it will not save you anything on insurance, and law enforcement do not use that outdated information.

Return to “Rogue Forum”