Also have a GT-R coming next year

A forum for owners and fans of the legendary Nissan Skyline and Nissan GTR.
STeeL25T

Hello, all. Appreciate all the information and hard work you guys are doing here! Wanted to introduce myself and (hopefully) my future car real quick.

Some background on me, I've owned a number of 240sx over the last 10 years. Currently daily driving a stock 97 Kouki automatic. My first project car roughly 10 years ago was an 89 hatch that I swapped an RB25 into, so I have a little experience messing around with an RB engine and a limited introduction to how expensive they are and how getting parts for them sucks :)

As for the new car, I picked up May 1990 GT-R a couple months back, #8,793. Searched for about 5 months before I found this one, I wanted one this specific color and lighly modded.. No bodykits and stickers and what not. Still several months to go before I can start working out shipping it over. The wait hasn't been too fun but I'm rather used to it now, and I'm enjoying the money I saved over skipping the 89's. It looks to be in great condition, with only 82000 kms on it.. Though I haven't seen any pictures of the underside and it looks like there is some wiring done for I'm assuming the boost controller or turbo timer that is a little questionable. I don't guess I'll know the full extent until I actually get my hands on it. Here are some pictures:

If you have any advice on things I should look out for or prepare myself for (I'm aware of the unique and expensive glass) I'm all ears!

usafdarkhorse
Car: 1990 Honda NSX #382
1989 Nissan Skyline GT-R #2317
1972 Datsun 240Z

You need to get some pictures of that sucker's underside. The rust monster loves these cars all too well.

That's how you know they're classics now...when they rust like a Datsun.

Return to “GTR Forum / Skyline Forum”