2014 Rogue - UPDATED with pics

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet....

followingnfront

To me it looks like a cross between Murano, Pathfinder, and Quest styling... It also has the belt line of the last gen (before this one) Hyundai Santa Fe... It also does not look as high off the ground as the current Rogue and it does not have enough fenderwell gap for my liking like the current Rogue does. Basically it looks more car like than SUV.

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

hmm... I'm not sure on it. Need to see some nudez .

followingnfront

+1... But if I had to base my decision on what I see in the pics, I'd keep my 2012 I think.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Looks pretty good, I think the rear window may be enlarged which should improve visibilty, and the wheelbase looks wider and longer to me buts its really tough to tell using the eyeball method.

The small rear fenderwell gap is due to the heavy trailer tonque weight compressing the suspension LOL, I think without the trailer it would look more normal. Looks are fine, I think it's better looking than the new RAV4 which has some pretty wild styling, the new Rogue has a less extreme styling which I like, similar to the '13 Pathfinder. The powertrain and options specs along with build quality are most important and only time will tell, but the fact that they're towing a fairly substantial trailer is probably a good sign that they'll going to try for durability and not just focus on fuel efficiency.

I believe the next-gen Rogue will be released next year as a 2015 model, 2014's should remain the same but I could be wrong.

followingnfront

kerrton wrote: The small rear fenderwell gap is due to the heavy trailer tonque weight compressing the suspension LOL,
Lol obviously... I meant the front fenderwell gap looks to be less than our current Rogue bodystyle. Since it is towing something, and the rear is sunken in, the front should have more gap than normal... So considering that, imagine how low the front would look if the rear were not being hunkered down by that trailer... At least that is how I see it. I could be wrong.

I was told by the GM of a local Nissan dealer yesterday that it will most likely start being produced in 6 months or so as a 2014 model. He doesn't know for sure though.

darylzero
Car: Nissan Rogue 2009 SL AWD Premium Pkg.

The wheels seem to be bigger like 18's maybe...tough to tell though.

darylzero

followingnfront wrote:I'm surprised nobody has posted this yet....

It looks pretty much like the concept. The windows thankfully look bigger than the concept.
The front looks the same with that "V shape" Image

Here are some more spy shots
http://www.autoblog.com/photos/2014-nis ... to-5965693

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

followingnfront wrote:...I was told by the GM of a local Nissan dealer yesterday that it will most likely start being produced in 6 months or so as a 2014 model. He doesn't know for sure though.
I seriously doubt if they'll wait six months to begin production on the 2014 model. That would be December, and would put them too far behind every other company. They use to start selling the new model in mid September, but lately that's been pushed up to boost sales.

From Wikipedia: The launch of the new model year has long been coordinated to the launch of the traditional new television season (as defined by A.C. Nielsen) in late September, because of the heavy dependence between television to offer products from automakers to advertise, and the car companies to launch their new models at a high-profile time of year. In addition, automobile model year sales traditionally begin with the fourth quarter of the preceding year. So model year refers to the "sales" model year; for example, vehicles sold during the period from October 1 to December 30 of the following year are considered one model year.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

almost identical. looks the rear window pillars, headlights, grille, etc. except the tested model doesnt have projector headlights

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

TrevorK
Car: 11 Rogue SV FWD

I agree with the comment of "it looks like the last gen Sante Fe". I find it very close in appearance to the current model, which isn't a horrible thing because I like the look of mine, but was expected something a little more drastic considering the competition and the changes they have made.

The true test will be what features/options it comes with. The competition has really stepped that up so it'll be very interesting to see if they can jump ahead at this point (before someone else redesigns and they fall behind).

Let's hope they also fix some of the horrible design flaws - like the situation with the rocker panel chipping, etc.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

how about moving the darn rear view mirror a bit higher so i can see forward.

my guess is aside from a few aesthetic changes, all you'll get is some small LED lights in the front. nissan isn't known for drastic changes. they morph slowly into new designs.

followingnfront

Morphing slowly isnt always a bad thing... May be a more reliable way of testing waters on new technologies.

As far as the rocker panel chipping thing, apply clear vinyl and be all good

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Nissan needs to be more drastic, and fast. If i was the boss at nissan i would:
  • i would never have approved the Fourth generation (L32A, D32 [Coupe] 2007–2012) altima. that was such an empty car- no character. meaning it was not ugly, but plain-Jane.
    i would have demanded tweaks and more options in the rogue around 2010. made a nismo option offering more than the lame krome edition. bucket seats, LED accents, colored accents, tinted lights, multi-colored interior, etc.
    i would have never turned the pathfinder into what it is now, but rather called it the Murano XTD(extended) and left the pathfinder a body on frame.
    i would leave the pathfinder with a body on frame offering a "build it as you wish" system with serious off-road packages. offering a smaller displacement turbo diesel - which would bring in a ton of new customers.
    i would stop the xterra.
    i would turn the titan into a truck geared for real work, offering a smaller displacement turbo diesel engine.
    i would leave the new altima as it is, only offering 4cyl - so it doesnt eat into the maxima sales.
    i would turn the maxima into a flag-ship car, offering styling & features seen in the hyundai equus, mercedes e class, etc. start bringing in those customers.
    i would turn the armada into a small displacement turbo diesel, getting great MPG's and extend it. plenty people LOVE a long suburban.

jbracy7
Car: 94 GTS TYPE-M in a dozen pieces

the alti-coupe u would kill that car,why not make it rwd-19 to 29k,cheap rwd, and a basic 5 speed all win, u u new nissan lover. Just foolin wit ya,but serously we need a member on nissans board of chairman

followingnfront

Hey ImStricken, are you only talking about the 4th gen Altima coupe or the sedan as well? If you are talking about the sedan, then I would have to disagree with you there. I have had no experiences with the 4th gen coupe, but my dad has a 2010 sedan and that thing is comfortable, smooth, quick, handles great, and is great on gas. His has bose, backup camera (he didn't want navi but it is available) Bluetooth talk, turn signal mirrors, leather with heated seats, dual climate control, sunroof, etc. etc. It is not "plain jane".

JMed
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue S AWD (Pearl White)
2015 Nissan Rogue SV (Black)

If this is truly the new Rogue, even with the duct tape wrapped around I can tell that Nissan will be giving us another plain Rogue.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

JMed wrote:If this is truly the new Rogue, even with the duct tape wrapped around I can tell that Nissan will be giving us another plain Rogue.
i have to agree with you.

ras_oscar

I*'d like to know what fool at Nissan decided to make the new Rogue out of plastic sheet and duct tape. Not sure that's a wise design decision :rotflmao

followingnfront

Not to toooootally change gears here, but I just saw the new 2014 Toyota Highlander photos, and I am very interested in seeing this thing for real.... It has a Jeep Grand Cherokee-esque thing going on with some of its body flares and such, and I think this thing looks great.... Hmmm, my options may be good when my lease is up!!

Ok back to the new Rogue :)

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

NOT GONNA LIE, that highlander looks good in the pics.

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

ImStricken wrote:Nissan needs to be more drastic, and fast. If i was the boss at nissan i would:
  • i would never have approved the Fourth generation (L32A, D32 [Coupe] 2007–2012) altima. that was such an empty car- no character. meaning it was not ugly, but plain-Jane.
    i would have demanded tweaks and more options in the rogue around 2010. made a nismo option offering more than the lame krome edition. bucket seats, LED accents, colored accents, tinted lights, multi-colored interior, etc.
    i would have never turned the pathfinder into what it is now, but rather called it the Murano XTD(extended) and left the pathfinder a body on frame.
    i would leave the pathfinder with a body on frame offering a "build it as you wish" system with serious off-road packages. offering a smaller displacement turbo diesel - which would bring in a ton of new customers.
    i would stop the xterra.
    i would turn the titan into a truck geared for real work, offering a smaller displacement turbo diesel engine.
    i would leave the new altima as it is, only offering 4cyl - so it doesnt eat into the maxima sales.
    i would turn the maxima into a flag-ship car, offering styling & features seen in the hyundai equus, mercedes e class, etc. start bringing in those customers.
    i would turn the armada into a small displacement turbo diesel, getting great MPG's and extend it. plenty people LOVE a long suburban.
I couldn't have said it better, bang on!!

Especially the extended Murano idea, just like Hyundai did with the Santa Fe. And keep the Pathfinder loyals happy, ditch the Xterra because it has such a small following, why keep it around? Keep the Pathfinder as a truck SUV and still get your direct competitor for the Highlander/Pilot/Explorer with the Murano XL.

I too would like to see Nissan really swing for the fences with premium content to give buyers what they deserve and attract some new loyal customers. I'd like to see a manual trans 6-spd option like Kia/Hyundai offer with the Sportage and Tucson, and Mazda with the CX-5. I'd like the Rogue to be more premium quality with good sound deadening/noise reduction measures, and a powertrain that is balanced between efficiency AND performance, not just efficiency.

For comparison the redesigned RAV4 and CRV just arrived for 2013, and the powertrain is very basic, just a 2.4/2.5 4-cylinder engine with 6 speed, with effiency numbers almost identical to my 08 Rogue - so nothing earth shattering in the efficiency department, but that is for good reason. Honda and Toyota know that LONG-TERM reliability and cheap to maintain is what people want. We aren't willing to sacrifice this just for better mpg's - that small displacement turbo better be just as reliable as a normally aspirated engine or its not worth the 20 bucks a month I save on gas. Nissan has small 4-cylinder turbo engines, the questions is will they be available in the new Rogue and is it worth the risk? I say no, Nissan is struggling enough to keep up with quality issues with their CVT tranny's, and only average reliablity overall judging by most numbers I've looked at, so they can't afford any risks.

Either way they better knock this one outta the park, and the best and safest way to do that is to offer a proven powertrain with minimal risks, and increase the optional content at lower trim levels while keeping costs low. Basically offer more car for less money, and be prepared to collect a little less profit per vehicle, which should translate into good overall profit as they increase their total sales. Quit trying to force people in to the higher trim levels, and try to sell twice as many base and mid-trim level vehicles, and customers will be much happier overall, myself included (provided I can get a 6-spd manual trans like my wife's Sorento, that is one sweet powertrain with proven reliable technology).

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

Here's an early look at the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue spotted in fairly extensive camouflage while out on a shakedown run in the Southwestern U.S. Set to go on sale here late this year, Nissan's compact crossover SUV will be built in America at the automaker's production facility in Smyrna, Tennessee. Redesigned to more effectively face off against prime rivals like the Ford Escape, Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 - all of them redesigned for 2013 -- the new Rogue also will be one of the first vehicles to be spun from Renault-Nissan's new Common Module Family platform architecture, a flexible foundation that will underpin a wide variety of future compact to large-size offerings from both automakers until the end of the decade.

While its full body cover-up does mask a fair number of the 2014 Rogue's finer details, they can't hide the fact that this new and slightly larger 5-passenger hauler bears a solid resemblance to the Nissan Hi-Cross Concept (also pictured) that was revealed at the 2012 Geneva Auto Show. As for potential powertains, speculation ranges from the fitment of a 1.2-liter supercharged gasoline engine to a 1.6-liter turbodiesel and even a gas/electric plug-in hybrid that could come in 2015. For the moment, the most likely scenario for the U.S. points to a switch from the Rogue's existing 2.5-liter/170-horsepower 4-cylinder to the 182-horse 4-cylinder of the same displacement currently used in the Altima -- a vehicle also built in Smyrna. Whatever engine does appear under the 2014 Rogue's hood, it's almost certain to be teamed with a CVT automatic transmission in both the standard front-drive and optional all-wheel drive configurations.

darylzero

^ Made in the USA! :dblthumb:

rdub2k4
Car: 2012 Nissan Rogue S Special Edition
2011 Mitsubishi Lancer GTS

need moar spy pics!

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

darylzero wrote:^ Made in the USA! :dblthumb:
Published on Jun 27, 2013

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - In conjunction with the 30th anniversary of its Smyrna, Tenn. Vehicle Assembly Plant, Nissan is adding more than 900 manufacturing jobs to support future production of the Nissan Rogue, marking the first time the Rogue has been produced in the United States.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ea8KdXloqI8[/youtube]

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

...discuss amongst yourselves... ;)

followingnfront

Do you have a link to the original photo? Whats the source?

AZhitman
Administrator
Car: 58 L210, 63 Bluebird RHD, 64 NL320, 65 SPL310, 66 411 RHD, 67 WRL411, 68 510 SR20, 75 280Z RB25, 77 620 SR20, 79 B310, 90 S13, 92 SE-R, 92 Silvia Qs, 98 S14.

Sometimes, things just show up in my inbox...

;)

Return to “Rogue Forum”