2014 Rogue - UPDATED with pics

Nissan Rogue forum - Includes Nissan Qashqai and Nissan Dualis as well.
followingnfront
Car: 2017 Maxima S

*This post is a continuation of my post before this*... Since my stupid phone wont let me scroll down to the end of my last post, ill put it here.... Its not about simply opting out of the feature... Its about the fact that if Nissan didnt spend their money on these gimmicks they could have spent it on things like better brakes, better materials, better driving dynams in the way of suspension tweaks, etc.... Thats the whole point.
Last edited by followingnfront on Thu Sep 19, 2013 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

Nissan needs to include these features in the new model. The competition has them (or is adding them this year or next (i.e. 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe added blind spot detection this year) and the bulk of the buyers (soccer moms) are going to be looking for these optional active safety features. Do or die.

Have you ever used the Nissan round view system?? My wifes car has it and it is amazing!

sprocket

RyleyinSTL wrote:Nissan needs to include these features in the new model. The competition has them (or is adding them this year or next (i.e. 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe added blind spot detection this year) and the bulk of the buyers (soccer moms) are going to be looking for these optional active safety features. Do or die.

Have you ever used the Nissan round view system?? My wifes car has it and it is amazing!
+1

Nissan needs to be competitive in this segment. It is great to have options that put it on the map of prospective buyers, or they'll be left behind!

I look forward to seeing what people think of the 2014 Rogue as it compares to the current Rogue and to the competitors. I hope this does not become a debate about how society has failed to become decent drivers or about how regulations have forced the ENTIRE automotive industry to make cars safer and more idiot-proof. Maybe we need a separate thread for that :)

Personally, I am looking forward to ordering a 2014 SV next year!

Compared to my current 2013 SV, this is what I'm most looking forward to:
- new styling (more masculine IMO, less "cute")
- more cargo capacity, sliding 2nd row seat, cargo divide and hide
- fuel economy improvement (I'm forecasting my savings to be over $300/yr)
- features not previously standard (auto climate control, auto headlights, both of which I have grown to appreciate)
- improvements (TPMS with individual wheel pressure display, better trip computer, better radio, more 12V outlets)
- new features not previously available (streaming audio, Nissan connect, sunvisor extensions)

Cupholders look to be smaller .... but there's now a tray to hold my smartphone up front by the USB and 12V, so maybe it's a wash and I may just use my cupholders for just cups in the future rather than a crappy cellphone holder and not need it to be so big! ;)

followingnfront

RyleyinSTL wrote:
Its great. I haved vowed not to get another car without it. lol

sprocket

sprocket

Nissan released a "concept behind the crossover" video for the Japan X-Trail.
It's a Japanese market video but subtitled in English so you can understand what is being talked about.

Some interesting points.

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7c1SQSBv4j8[/youtube]

Rogue One
Administrator
Car: 2011 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX
2022 Honda Pilot Special Edition

Nissan to Continue U.S. Sales of Current Generation Rogue - Renamed Rogue Select
http://nissannews.com/en-US/nissan/usa/ ... gue-select

* Due to popular demand, current generation Rogue to continue in Nissan lineup as Rogue Select
* Rogue, the second best-selling vehicle in Nissan’s U.S. lineup, is totally redesigned for 2014 model year – set for November on-sale

NASHVILLE, Tenn. – With the November on-sale date of the all-new 2014 Nissan Rogue compact utility vehicle coming fast, Nissan today announced that the popular current-generation Rogue will continue in its lineup for the immediate future.

Renamed the Rogue Select, it is slated to go on sale in January 2014 at a base M.S.R.P.* of less than $20,000 (USD) at Nissan dealers nationwide. Rogue Select complements the completely redesigned Rogue, which debuted on September 10. The strategy behind this move is to satisfy demand for the popular compact sports utility vehicle, currently second-highest seller in Nissan’s lineup, as well as provide customers an additional choice in the segment.

DTASFAB

So strange! :wtf2:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

DTASFAB wrote:So strange! :wtf2:
The strategy may also give Nissan the chance to ask for more money for the second-generation model (which is based on a new Common Module Family platform shared with partner Renault) while keeping it clear of residual-value-damaging fleet sales.

If this decision to continue to sell an existing model while simultaneously selling its successor sounds like a familiar strategy, that's probably because we recently reported that Nissan's luxury marque, Infiniti, made a similar decision, announcing it would continue to sell the current G37 sedan alongside its replacement, the 2014 Infiniti Q50.
COMMENTS:
GM used to do that by selling an older Malibu alongside the newer model as the Malibu Classic.
I believe they also did it with the S-10 based blazer and newer Trailblazer.
Yup. Nissan is headed down the same path as the pre-2008 GM and Chrysler. They have flushed their brand down the toilet by pushing too many mediocre products out the door with heavy discounts.

ImStricken06
Car: 2008 Rogue(sold)
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

aka they built to many. does anyone at nissan know what the left hand is doing,

kerrton
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL FWD Gotham Gray

Very interesting, whether or not its a good idea, I have to give Nissan marks for creativity and setting their own path. Or perhaps they just screwed up and built too many like ImStricken mentioned!!!

I'm not sure consumers need more complexity to the decision-making process, it's already so difficult with numerous similar models and top competitors, but one thing consumers do want is quality car options with reasonable size and comfort for an economy price. There's nothing better than buying a brand new vehicle with zero miles, no mystery about past history and the risk that it may have been abused by a previous owner. Rather than buying a used Rogue for say, low-$20's, if consumers can get the outgoing model with zero miles from the dealership with full warranty for low-20's, this might just be a home run formula. It all depends on the details of how the numbers work out, but I for one would consider the current gen Rogue at a vastly reduced price as a basic commuter car that's going to rack up lots of miles in a hurry commuting to and from work, with good cargo hauling capability and excellent safety. I don't want a $35,000 beautiful next-gen Rogue to relegate to a hard daily commute including winter salty conditions, but a brand new, last-gen model at around $25 might be perfectly suited to that duty.

No mention if we'll have this same option in Canada.....

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

nissan should sit down and create a map of all the cars, their options, etc. the web of confusion and complexity nissan created will overwhelm them. this idea simply adds to the confusion of whats going on.
it might look like this:

clearly someone at nissan released the new nissan rogue design too early; compared to the current inventory.

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

ImStricken wrote:aka they built to many. does anyone at nissan know what the left hand is doing,
:fap: Would be my guess.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Rogue One wrote:
ImStricken wrote:aka they built to many. does anyone at nissan know what the left hand is doing,
:fap: Would be my guess.
WELL PLAYED! loloololol

Nissan Maxima & Murano made the list = and i agree with them.
http://autos.yahoo.com/news/10-cars-ame ... 32148.html

DTASFAB

Maybe they just don't want to lay off all the workers at the Japan plant and they don't have anything else to give them to build.

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

What are these brake issues talked about earlier? I just replaced my OEM brakes...at 210,000 miles.

(Okay, so I don't stop much...)

I like the look of my Rogue better than the new one, but I like the interior and tech of the new one more. My next vehicle will either be the new Rogue or a late model Infiniti FX. My Rogue has by far been the most consistent, reliable car I've ever owned. It (and even its quirks) suits me well.

Of course, Nissan just announced that the existing Rogue will continue on into the 2014 model year as the "Rogue Select", so you can still buy an old new Rogue if you want.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Roguemonster wrote:What are these brake issues talked about earlier? I just replaced my OEM brakes...at 210,000 miles.

(Okay, so I don't stop much...)

I like the look of my Rogue better than the new one, but I like the interior and tech of the new one more. My next vehicle will either be the new Rogue or a late model Infiniti FX. My Rogue has by far been the most consistent, reliable car I've ever owned. It (and even its quirks) suits me well.

Of course, Nissan just announced that the existing Rogue will continue on into the 2014 model year as the "Rogue Select", so you can still buy an old new Rogue if you want.
210,000miles!!??
its time for an updated odometer avatar!

Roguemonster
Car: 2008 Rogue SL AWD (Iridium Graphite)

Oh...yeah, probably.

Done.

followingnfront

At least nobody can say this vehicle isn't reliable huh? ^^

mag318
Car: Nissan Rogue

My 2008 Rogue SL AWD was one of the best and most reliable vehicles I've ever owned, and the only vehicle I've ever kept for 5 years. A year ago I traded it for a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL which over the past year has been a great car. That said I really miss the storage space of the Rogue and the superior handling in snow. So I just did a Nissan preorder for the 2014 Rogue and my dealer expects his first shipment on November 24'th. If I like it as much as my 2008 Rogue I'm going to buy one. I really enjoy all the tech features in my Altima so I was pleased to learn these will be available in the 2014 Rogue. Next month will be very interesting and I'll report back with my impressions of the new Rogue.

ImStricken06
2013 Santa Fe
2016 Sorento

Roguemonster wrote:Oh...yeah, probably.
Done.
damn dude lolololol... thats a TON of miles!

bigmo93
Car: 2008 Nissan Rogue SL
Rear Spoiler
Chrome Front Grille
Stickerbombed

i was at the dealership on wednesday dropping off my rogue because of the tranny... HAHAH and i actually saw the 2014 rogue in person with a paper tennessee plate being test driven. I swear to god its the ugliest piece of s*** on wheels ive ever seen. The first gen rogue definitely had a sporty look to it which is why i bought it. All my friends drive brand new bmws and they always tell me how much they love my rogue because of how much of a beast it is on corners. I really do believe nissan was rushed when they released this car because theres just a lot of things that weren't thought out right. Third row seating is going to be an absolute disaster and unsafe. I think the panoramic sunroof will be cool. but other then that the car is pretty much first gen other then the looks. I still think the navigation is way too small! They shouldve waited a little longer on this one. Shaking my head at nissan right now.

sprocket

mag318 wrote:My 2008 Rogue SL AWD was one of the best and most reliable vehicles I've ever owned, and the only vehicle I've ever kept for 5 years. A year ago I traded it for a 2013 Altima 3.5 SL which over the past year has been a great car. That said I really miss the storage space of the Rogue and the superior handling in snow. So I just did a Nissan preorder for the 2014 Rogue and my dealer expects his first shipment on November 24'th. If I like it as much as my 2008 Rogue I'm going to buy one. I really enjoy all the tech features in my Altima so I was pleased to learn these will be available in the 2014 Rogue. Next month will be very interesting and I'll report back with my impressions of the new Rogue.
Awesome, do post an update. I've been checking car sites / blogs and no reviews of the 2014 Rogue have shown up yet, just a matter of time before one shows up :)

I ordered my lease replacement already but probably won't get it until some time next year.
A 2014 SV AWD in Saharan Sun (or as I like to call it, gold!) ... excited :)

sprocket

bigmo93 wrote:i actually saw the 2014 rogue in person with a paper tennessee plate being test driven. I swear to god its the ugliest piece of s*** on wheels ive ever seen. The first gen rogue definitely had a sporty look to it which is why i bought it.
To each their own! I personally think that the 2014 styling is well evolved, more masculine and sporty than the 1st gen! I wouldn't put it anywhere near ugly, let alone call it the ugliest piece of s*** on wheels! :frown:
bigmo93 wrote:All my friends drive brand new bmws and they always tell me how much they love my rogue because of how much of a beast it is on corners.
I am pretty impressed with my current Rogue in terms of how it handles, especially around corners. It's very controlled and predictable, easy to know where its limits are. However, it's a crossover / compact SUV with a higher center of gravity, generous suspension travel and I can't imagine being the envy of bmw drivers! :ohno:

Now, maybe they just don't push their car as much and it's more to do with your driving skills behind the wheel. A good driver can make a car turn fast and feel solid. A crap driver can scare the living daylights out of their passengers going the same speed! Kudos to you :dblthumb:
bigmo93 wrote:I really do believe nissan was rushed when they released this car because theres just a lot of things that weren't thought out right. Third row seating is going to be an absolute disaster and unsafe. I think the panoramic sunroof will be cool. but other then that the car is pretty much first gen other then the looks. I still think the navigation is way too small! They shouldve waited a little longer on this one. Shaking my head at nissan right now.
I think I have to disagree with you on this! The new new Rogue has little in common with the 1st gen so it's just more than new looks. It rides on a new global CMF platform with different dimensions and increase in interior/utility space vs the 1st gen's C-platform based origins. It's fuel economy has improved significantly to be among the top in its segment. It has new features and options that make it more competitive.

The 3rd row seating is a standalone option, so you can opt to not get it if it doesn't have value to you. However, it's an option and I believe an option is better than no option. It may work for some but those who want more comfort in the 3rd row will be looking at larger vehicles to fit their needs.

I think the navigation size increase is for the 2nd gen actually reasonable. At 7", it's bigger than the CX-5 and RAV4 which are two major competitors in the segment. The Tucson also has a 7" screen. Sure, some like the CR-V, Escape offer a larger screen but my point is, a 7" screen is actually pretty nice and a noticeable upgrade over the 5" in the 1st gen. How big of a screen do you expect?

I don't think they should wait longer IMO ...the 1st gen is on its 6th year in a very competitive segment. 5 - 7 years is typical for this segment or you risk falling behind the competition. There is not a single vehicle in the segment that is best at everything. Styling is subjective. Priorities are different depending on the customer. The 2nd gen will do well if it is able to appeal to the segment.

I would love to know why you feel like the 2nd gen is not ready for primetime and Nissan should have waited ... I just don't get it :gotme

I can't wait to see media reviews as well as first hand member reviews :woot:

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

sprocket wrote:Awesome, do post an update. I've been checking car sites / blogs and no reviews of the 2014 Rogue have shown up yet, just a matter of time before one shows up :)
Mark Phelan: A preview of Jeep Cherokee, Mazda3 and Nissan Rogue
This week I got an early look at three intriguing vehicles slated to go on sale this fall.
I’ll write full reviews of the vehicles later, after longer evaluations, but I learned a few things this week:
http://www.freep.com/article/20131020/C ... ssan-rogue

sprocket

Rogue One wrote:
sprocket wrote:Awesome, do post an update. I've been checking car sites / blogs and no reviews of the 2014 Rogue have shown up yet, just a matter of time before one shows up :)
Mark Phelan: A preview of Jeep Cherokee, Mazda3 and Nissan Rogue
This week I got an early look at three intriguing vehicles slated to go on sale this fall.
I’ll write full reviews of the vehicles later, after longer evaluations, but I learned a few things this week:
http://www.freep.com/article/20131020/C ... ssan-rogue
I had seen that but it didn't actually offer much other than what was in Nissan's press release.
I am looking forward to see the follow up article which will hopefully review how the car drives/handles, how the new features like active brake control, engine braking and ride control translate to actual conditions, observed fuel economy, safety features, etc. :)

pmcrock
Car: 2003 Subaru Forester
2012 VW Golf

Joined this forum because I'm considering a '14 Rogue for my next car. Have test-driven a Tucson, Rav4, CRV, CX-5, Escape, Sportage, Forester, Outlander, and Outback. Want to check out the new Cherokee as well. Have eliminated all of those I've test-driven except for the Forester and Outback. All but the Subarus have poor rear visibility. All but the Subarus and the Rav4 have only marginal rear seat legroom (measured with the front all the way back, I'm 6'4""). The Escape was comically poor in that regard. Only the Subarus, CX-5 and the Escape have decent pep (I drove the 4-cyl Outlander, the 2.5L Outback and the 2.5L Forester; they all have peppier engines to choose from but MPG suffers too much).

I like the looks of the '14 Rogue although I'm not expecting the rear visibility to be good. I hear the second row slides back & forth, so I'm hoping when it's back you get decent 2nd row legroom. I like the optional 3rd row because I'd need it to fit all 4 grandchildren, but the point being made about it's potential safety problem (i.e., no cargo area behind it) is well taken.

It's interesting to hear about the issues people have with the current Rogue (sounds like brakes are the main culprit), but it seems every car has its problems when you go to owners forums (for Subarus it's oil consumption).

I also hear Volkswagen might be coming out with an AWD version of the Jetta Sportwagen in 2014 (probably a '15 model) so would like to throw that into the mix if it comes out soon enough.

Have any of you drove these other vehicles and can comment on their peppiness vs. the current Rogue and is the '14 supposed to improve on that?

Rogue One
Administrator
2012 Nissan Rogue SL
2012 Honda CR-V LX

NissanConnect™ with Navigation, NissanConnect™ Apps Offer a Wide Range of Navigation, Traffic, Weather, Music and Social Network Connectivity Options
[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bXUFe8b_6po[/youtube]

RyleyinSTL
Car: 2014 Nissan Rogue SL AWD w/ Premium Pkg.

http://youtu.be/YgtcxQtDUT8

Looks like reviews will be out tomorrow!

followingnfront

The only thing that worries me about this new Rogue is the CVT. It has been confirmed that 2013 Altimas and 2013 Pathfinders (new CVT) have been having premature failures and the Rogue is going to be using the same one (as the Altima).

I was talking to the GM of the dealer I got my Rogue from and my Dad is getting his Maxima from and he said, "Yeah, we just did 2 pathfinders this week." I said, "So what is the fix?" He said, "I wish I knew... There is no fix right now... Just replace the tranny... And one of the ones I'm doing this week has a tranny that we replaced a few months ago."

So needless to say, if the new Rogue develops CVT issues (seems inevitable to me) I'm going 2014 MAXIMA baby! :chuckle:

Or Subaru Forester... The GM of this Nissan dealer is also the GM of the Subaru dealer of the same group.

Return to “Rogue Forum”