alarm fuse location?

A Q45 forum / Cima forum for the President of Infiniti's lineup. Brought to you by Infiniti Parts USA, your OEM source for Q45 parts!
leonardoLOPEZ
Car: 1995 Infiniti Q45

hey i hav a 95 infiniti q45a and the alarm is messed up. it goes off for no reason and wanted to kno where the fuse is. or if anyone knos any other way of disconeting the alarm thanx

Q451990
Car: 1990 Q45 - 118K, 2022 Toyota 4 Runner, 2004 Frontier M/T - 108K, 2012 Xterra (Mom's), 2023 Rogue (Inlaws)

I have been told by an aftermarket alarm installer that unscrewing the hood pin switch and letting it dangle under the hood can disable it. I would think shorting out the harness would do the same thing if you didn't want the switch there. I'm pretty sure it's a normally-open switch. Don't remember for sure though.

The theory is that the alarm will think the hood is open and never arm... not sure about this, but it's worth a try.

Heath

Infinitiguy19
Car: 1993 Infiniti Q45 188580 Miles
1994 Infiniti Q45a 240000 Miles

Better to diagnose the problem than take the shortcut.

Plus you should never never neveeeeer take any shortcuts on a Q45 much less a Q45A.

Can you further describe the problem?

Here is the the part of the service manual you need for your car: http://www.nicoclub.com/FSM/Q4...l.pdf

If you are lazy then remove the fuses and relays its you car.

Does the active on the car work?

Please never convert the car from active to conventional suspension just sell it on this board to some one who has the time, money and love for that sort of car.

leonardoLOPEZ

yea the problem is that the alarm goes off for no reason. when i first bought the car and took it to work the next it went off 3 or 4 times. and i was told that no one was near the car when it went off.

and the active still works

Infinitiguy19

Tell us more about the security light does it stop staying steady lit after the car is locked?

Are all the doors, trunk and hood shut when you lock it?

Could be the anti-theft computer going bad or the connection to it need cleaning after 13 years. Either way you have to remove the glove box then the plasitic cover which takes 5 min and a philips head screw driver.

Great to hear about the active.

leonardoLOPEZ

no the light goes off, and yes every thing is shut

Infinitiguy19

1. You can try looking at the service manual and see if you could solve the problem.

2. You can clean the connector of the Anti-theft computer and buy new relays and check the fuses.

3. You can try seeing if the Body control module AKA BCM reports any errors, see EL section in FSM. I think its under LAN or something.

Or take it to the dealer and have them hook up the connsult to see if they can find anything.

Either way dealer is last unless they check it for free or cheap.

But I have never see think kind of problem there must be a simple soultion to a tough problem such as this as ther sometime is.

Q45tech
Car: 1990 Q45 342,400 miles 22 years ownership with original engine
1995 G20t 5 speed 334,000 miles 16" 2002 wheels - 205/50/16 Sr20ve vvl

If you disable the alarm system the starter won't engage as the alarm relay opens the circuit.

Better to locate which sensor switch is defective [intermittent] and replace.

Your FSM provides a step by step test proceedure.

bil
Car: 2000 Q45 Anniversary/Touring

leonardoLOPEZ wrote:yea the problem is that the alarm goes off for no reason. when i first bought the car and took it to work the next it went off 3 or 4 times. and I was told that no one was near the car when it went off.

and the active still works
My 2000 Q45 Anniversary/Touring Edition has recently started with the same problem. Horn blows, lights flash on and off for no known reason. If I open the door with the key or the remote, it stops. Did it three times in a row this morning, think the hood was open once, but not positive....Was this problem ever solved?

Thanks a million,James

bil

Also, how do you receive an email notification when someone replies to a forum where I've posted. Like this one.....I went to email notification, and simply saw a msg that said I'm not following any posts, but it gave me no provision (that I saw) to click on "receive Instant Email when a reply is posted" like I see on many other sites...Thanks,James

RAP
Car: 2000 "Beauty" Q 45 240 SX's '95 Acura Legend "91 GMC P/U Plus other junkers around the yard

Look to the right of the posting "box" and there it is. Just click on the third selection down. At least that's the way my set-up is.

The door locks sometimes go haywire on my Acura Legend activating the alarm at random times. Could it be the same for the Q 45 ?

To fix the Acura requires going into the door and perhaps doing some cleaning of the devices and that will/could do the trick. If not it may require changing the door lock mechanism @ around 250 bucks. Could it be the same for the Q45 ?

I've disabled the Acura alarm by pulling the horn connection. Then reconnecting it after awhile.

Sticking the key into the door locks sometimes does the trick. Or maybe the alarm just stops by itself coincidently ?

I have not really tried to find the problem as the alarm does not go off very often and when it does it stops after awhile. Fooling around with those door locks is a real PITA.

Disabling the system by disconnecting the hood wires does not preclude starting the car. At least not on my '95 Acura Legend.

As the original poster has a '95 Q 45 the state of the art should be about the same as the '95 Legend ?

Good luck. RAP

bil

Thanks, Rap, it helped me figure out how to get notified! I don't know about the Acura.

Did anyone ever figure out the OP's problem? All I really understood was to clean the harness connection, but that isn't shown on the link above, even tho it's titled "Harness and etc." I guess I'll try to find the relay(s) and swap 'em out, if they don't cost a jillion bucks......

Return to “Q45 Forum / Cima Forum”