Airbag light is always on, how to reset?? Coulda swore I seen a recent thread on

A forum for the legendary Nissan Pathfinder and Infiniti QX4.
longhornsqx4
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5L VQ35DE

I searched, and browed the last few pages, Im sure I read just a few days ago someone reset there airbag light on an 01+

Mine constantly stays on, so Id like to reset it.

Anyone know how its done or have a link, Im sure theres a thread, I just cant find it

Pwnin O'Brien

This should help...zerothread/248779

longhornsqx4
Car: 2001 Nissan Pathfinder 3.5L VQ35DE

Mine doesnt flash though, stays on solid all the time

Pwnin O'Brien

longhornsqx4 wrote:Mine doesnt flash though, stays on solid all the time

Usually it will flash when you turn the car to ON and then stay on solid. Try the two methods in that thread and post the results. One of those methods should reset the airbag light.

rippers
Car: 2001 QX4
1999 Q45

I have had the same problem, and have had two seperate used modules reset and replaced to no avail. But my airbag light is usually on, but sometimes off, but never flashes.

I have a thesis that if the airbag light is always on from the start, than the module or airbag is not being SEEN (i.e. faulty harness). If the light is flashing, it is communicating but tripped error code? Does this sound right.

CanuckQx4
Car: 2001.5 Qx4 2wd

My airbag light is also always on, cannot get it to turn off

How can I turn it off with any procedures??

Pwnin O'Brien

It isn't possible to turn the airbag warning lamp off if you haven't fixed the malfunction. Every time you turn the car on the system will check every component for proper operation and if a part is still malfunctioning it will trigger the airbag lamp. As soon as the malfunctioning part is replaced the lamp will turn off by itself.

CanuckQx4
Car: 2001.5 Qx4 2wd

Well my car had some major service before I bought it, and has always been on, nothing on my steering wheel works, cruise control /horn etc. So I was hoping to even find the problem and hopefully just get rid of the light

MachinegunT
Car: 2001 Infinity QX4

CanuckQx4 wrote:Well my car had some major service before I bought it, and has always been on, nothing on my steering wheel works, cruise control /horn etc. So I was hoping to even find the problem and hopefully just get rid of the light
My 2001 QX4 has the same problem with the dead steering wheel controls and airbag light! Mine occurred while driving on a rough dirt road! I think a wiring connection has had to come loose somewhere for all this to happen at the same time but have no idea where it is at as I have no electrical diagram! Someone help please!

T

stumck
Car: 2001 Pathfinder LXE

Pulled my front driver's seat in a futile attempt to get the forward/reverse switch to work. Nevertheless, the door light trick did not work, but th ignition switch trick worked like a charm! Thanks!!!!

Return to “Nissan Pathfinder Forum / Infiniti QX4 Forum”