air bag light flashing after installation of new head unit

A General Discussion forum for Altima owners, and a great place to introduce yourself if you are new to the NICOclub Altima Forums!
Mattallica30
Car: 2008 nissan altima coupe

i have a 2008 nissan altima coupe.. i just replaced all my speakers to alpine.. also replace my stock head unit with a alpine head unit. after installing, the air bag light in my instrument cluster will not stop flashing. does anyone know how to fix this problem,....... thanks

AppleBonker
Car: Useful: 2011 Black Nissan Titan Pro-4x
Daily: 2003 Accord EX-L Coupe
Hers: 2014 Rogue SL AWD

Welcome to NICO. There's a ton of info here, so sometimes it is hard to find it all.

Check the read first sticky from the coupe section. Should have the info you are looking for.

Have any pictures of the install? Which speakers/head unit did you go with?

Infinite-T
Car: 08 Altima Coupe 2.5S

Hey Bro,

I recently had the same problem after I installed my new deck. It has something to do with when you disconnect any part of the SRS system, including that passenger indicator light on the vent assy. If you dissconnected that to remove the assy for your deck swap, then that is probably your problem. A few weeks ago I just Googled the problem and it took me to a forum, i think it was even this forum. I cant seem to find the post again but i saved it to notepad so I could print it out and take it out to the car. It worked perfectly. So here is the cut/paiste of that TXT file in case you didnt find it yet. I take no credit for this, it is just a re-post.

AIRBAG LIGHT RESET/DIAGNOSTIC PROCEDURE

From User Mode to Diagnosis Mode: Diagnosis mode activates only when a malfunction is detected, by turning the ingition switch as follows: 1. Turn ignition switch "ON". 2. After "AIR BAG" warning lamp lights for 7 seconds, turn ignition switch "OFF" within 1 second. 3. Wait more than 3 seconds. 4. Repeat steps 1 to 3 three times. 5. Turn ignition switch "ON". SRS will enter Diagnosis mode, if no malfunction is detected.

From Diagnosis Mode to User Mode: After a malfunction is repaired, turn ignition switch "OFF" for at least one second, then back "ON". Diagnosis mode is returned to User Mode.

Hope that helps

Mattallica30
Car: 2008 nissan altima coupe

thanks alot.... it worked perfectly....

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

This is happening to me right now, just installed a new deck.

So I have to do steps 1 through 3 a total of 4 times? And when you are saying turn ignition switch on, you mean with foot on the brake so they car actually starts? Or can it just be to ACC mode?

DJ_B_Easy
Car: 2017 GMC Sierra All Terrain X

Nevermind got it...so weird.

Return to “Altima General Discussions”