aftermarket radiator

The G-Series Tuning Forum is the place to discuss G35/G37 performance modifications and mechanical repair.
Billgatto16
Car: 03 g35 coupe

day 4 of being a proud owner of a g35 coupe.
so i need to replace the transmission valve body on my 03 coupe. no check engine light and all monitors ready for inspection then car goes into limp mode and i get code p1759, off to the transmission shop. the tranny shop calls me today and tells me the fluid has a lot of coolant mixed in and the radiator has tranny fluid in it. i go down to the dealership where the car was last serviced and the service manager tells me, the car came in to nissan on jan of 2017 for an insurance claim and the the insurance company did not want to pay for an original radiator replacement at a cost of 725 dollars just for the part. so a piece of s*** after market radiator was used. the aftermarket radiator has failed and the shop is recommending i bypass it with a trans cooler. the shop also tells me he has done 5 of these cars in the past year :mad: and now i am looking at a $$$$ 2,500 dollar repair bill :mad:

ca18det_boy

DIY, you can get a koyo and a trans cooler kit for way less than $2500. I don't even think you'd reach the $600 mark if you played your cards right. It is pretty silly that the insurance company didn't want to pay for a claim though. Sorry to hear about that.

Billgatto16
Car: 03 g35 coupe

i put a trans cooler on it, the valve body was toast. every solenoid code was coming up and the tranny control unit was rusted. new valve body from infiniti was $1,600

Return to “G35 and G37 Engine, Drivetrain & Tuning”